Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video game addicts in the house?

New Gen Systems.

Hello everyone I just wanted to see if anyone here plays video games, that's all. I was just wondering if anyone has seen the E3 show? I did and I was truelly pumped up when they introduced the Nex Gen Systems. What I am talking about for those of you who don't know is systems like Xbox, Playstation 2, Nintendo Game cube these are called Game Consoles, and every five years companies such as these introduce Game Console to the market with more graphics and faster speed and better sound added to it, these systems we call New Generation Systems. It is the end of the fifth year for all the game consoles, so as you know the next gen come out next year. It must be a hell of a nightmare for parents who have kids that are addicted to these machines. I am really excited for all the new systems coming out especially for the new Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I know that means more money to shell out, and waist. But hey I am a gamer so it doesn't matter to me. For any of you who are Nintendo players, I saw the new console and wasn't all that impressed but it did offer some good things such as downloadable content for all the Nintendo games ever made. If anything do reply I would like to see everyone's reaction to this new era in gaming. And keep it coming, maybe we can learn more from each other or something like that.

Peter
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Re: Is there any video game addicts in the house?

Relaxing after a hard days work for me is turning on my PS2,hopping on a motorcycle with a rocket launcher and blowing up parts of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.First person shooters like the Frontline Medal Of Honor series and third person ones like Max Payne are my favorites.Also like survival horror like Silent Hill and Resident Evil and can't wait for Resident Evil 4 to finally come over to Playstation from Nintendo.

Comment

*raises hand*

If I'm not an addict, then I dunno what I am. I'd probably drop out of college to play games, but I've got my priorities straight. At least, I like to think so.

Anyway, E3 coverage was watched by me. I barely slept, was online most of the time, downloading every new trailer I've been waiting for since last year's E3, and talking to my friend who was lucky enough to go to the show. It's funny, because the thing I'm most excited about isn't even a game. I died and went to heaven when I saw the new trailer for the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie.

I'm already earning money for the XBox 360, never got a chance to get the first XBox, so this will be a good purchase for me considering the services you get for free with it. Don't know if I'll get it as soon as it releases, though. I'd rather have the PS3 and Revolution. My PS2 is like an all-purpose system for me, and a good majority of the games I play are available for PS2. The next group of games important to me are all from Nintendo. XBox has some good exclusives, but nothing I can't live without.

I play a wide variety of games. I don't normally play racing or sports games. FPS games are cool, but I probably play those the least out of everything else I enjoy. I don't have a genre preference. I enjoy quite a few franchises and even obscure games. Been playing since the Nintendo, never had an Atari or anything older than a Nintendo/GameBoy, I think. I'm positive that the first game I ever played was Metal Gear for NES. I remember I also ate strawberry Jell-O for the first time while playing it, haha. I still have all my systems, too but not all are hooked up or used, of couse...got NES, SNES, Turbo Grafx, Genesis, Sega CD, PS, PS2, N64, GCN...GB, GBA, GBC, GBA SP, GameGear, and DS.

I have no idea how we had the money to get all that over the past few years, but I am one lucky girl and I love my parents for putting up with me.
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

When GTA:SA comes out for the PC next week, it'll take a lot of my power to stop me from walking into Walmart or Ala Moana and getting that game, especially since now I have only 2 classes.

The last time I played a new video game, I didn't sleep, eat, nor went to the bathroom for hours, and since I got a strategy guide, I literally crammed the 150 or so hours of expected game time into a few days (and I still didn't beat the game)

(FYI, I don't want this to become a flame war, but the PC will come out superior in a few years after the next gen consoles are release; its all about the SLIs and upgradability baby!)
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

*shrug* PC is always going to be the strongest to me, but the actual functionality of my PC gaming depends on my modem and junk, which is still 56k. Can't do anything good on dial-up. I can play The Sims 2, that's about it. I get enough gaming done on my consoles, anyway. I can handle using my PC for other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
            When GTA:SA comes out for the PC next week, it'll take a lot of my power to stop me from walking into Walmart or Ala Moana and getting that game, especially since now I have only 2 classes.

The last time I played a new video game, I didn't sleep, eat, nor went to the bathroom for hours, and since I got a strategy guide, I literally crammed the 150 or so hours of expected game time into a few days (and I still didn't beat the game)

(FYI, I don't want this to become a flame war, but the PC will come out superior in a few years after the next gen consoles are release; its all about the SLIs and upgradability baby!)
            (Pedro) GTA:SA was a great game on the PS2 no doubt about that. It's graphic violence and it's theme were probably a nightmare for parents who want to protect their children from such EVIL. But all in all it's fun playing it after a long day's work especially with people and places you dislike. You can take all your aggresion out on the game, just as long ya know you're not a sociol path'a after the game goes off! And for the qoute about PC. Well that's always true that PC will always be top edge on graphics and tecnology but not many people have that kind of money to be blowing on faster processors and graphic cards and sound chips every two years they come out. It's like buying another videogame console every two years. Not everyone has the knowledge to utilize all that good material. And furhter more if your only using it to play videogames than it is sort of a waist. Think about it the technology in the X Box is enough to calculate the distance from the earth to the moon and land the astronauts there safely back in the late 60's when the fastest computer they had than was big as a car and slower than a calculator. That's all for now

Comment

Any sales for PS2 controllers soon?

I'll probably need one since some of our spare controllers' buttons aren't working correctly (but I don't want to spend that much, because hopefully I won't be playing it during school time)
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

My son is a gaming junkie! He prefers XBOX live (his favorites: Halo2, Ghost Recon Summit Strike and Splinter Cell Chaos theory). If I didn't care too much about his interest and his ass kicking on live I'd turn the XBOX to a Linux system.
                Yes - I also have to be in support of the other consoles - I also got him a PS2, Game Cube. I am not yet into the PSP and Nin DS. I do own the older stuffage: Nintendo 64, PlayStation, Gameboy Adv.

We're really estatic about Xbox 360 coming out this Nov 2005 (Yeah baby)!!!!
                Also looking forward to PS3 and Halo3 Spring 2006 and Halo and Splinter Cell The Movie

K-den! Shaka Brah!

Comment

Speaking of Video Game movies, there are several coming out. I heard from X Box magazine that they are currently trying to make Halo, and there is also a "Doom" movie on the way to the Big Pictures starring The Rock, There's also a "Dead Or Alive" movie being made, as well as a "Tekken" movie.

Now if I remember right wasn't there like a couple of video game movies? First there was the Mortal Kombat movie. Part One Rocked while part two just plain SUCKED. Than there was those two Tomb Raider Movies, Part two was the BEST. And also the two Resident Evil Movies, not too mention Street Fighter and Mario Brother's which was HORRIBLE!

Comment

2 of my favorites,Max Payne and Silent Hill,are already being made and I read in PSM mag that Metal Gear is being worked on.I'd think Grand Theft Auto would find its way to the screen if only by its sales numbers.

Comment

The only video game movie I want to see is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I don't even want to think about any of the others. It's bad enough the popular games are getting picked off one by one to make either really bad or completely mediocre movies. Even the not-so-popular games like Fatal Frame are being messed with, which annoys me even if Spielberg is doing the messing. If you can't tell, I really hate pretty much all video game movies ever. The only two that I kind of enjoyed were Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil. I'm not even going to count Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Anyway, so since the XBox 360 is either $299 or $399 depending on the bundle you want to buy (the cheaper one just being the just console and controller), I think I'm just going to save up all my money and bypass that one for the PS3 and Revolution. Maybe in the future I'll pick up a 360 but right now it's not at all a priority since I can live without its games and don't care about online gaming.

Comment

So my husband bought me the new Nintendo Ds Lite in cotton candy Pink.(of course) Ok it's not like Brand new i think they have been out a couple months.
                        I love puzzle games like Scrabble and what not....does anyone have any suggestions? PLEASE?? He bought Brain age but that is not a fun puzzle game.
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Im a gaming junkie. I even had my own internet gaming cafe. I mainly play PC stuff, but I've had all the consoles since the Atari 2600.
                          I'm currently playing Titan Quest, Company of Heroes, Quake 4, and Prey.
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I never really was a gamer. I bought a Gamecube just for Super Smash Brothers, a PS2 just to play Madden online, and I threw away my Starcraft Battlechest during finals week of Spring 2000. Starcraft is the devil/digital crack!!!
                            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                              So my husband bought me the new Nintendo Ds Lite in cotton candy Pink.(of course) Ok it's not like Brand new i think they have been out a couple months.
                              I love puzzle games like Scrabble and what not....does anyone have any suggestions? PLEASE?? He bought Brain age but that is not a fun puzzle game.
                              Hmm hmm hmm puzzle...Let's see...

Bust-a-Move DS or Tetris DS are decent classics that you could waste time with. You could get one of the Sudoku games that's out for the DS, too if you like that. If you like pinball you could try Metroid Prime Pinball, although I dunno if the whole Metroid aspect will be fun for you. And Warioware: Touched! is full of lots of crazy acid trip like puzzle mini games. Perhaps you could try out Cooking Mama. It's supposed to be a cute little kitchen themed game from what I understand. Trauma Center: Under the Knife is a great puzzley medical game but I never see it anymore, argh.

Comment

Working...
                              X