Cane Spider in da house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cane Spider in da house

I noticed we had one in the house a couple of nights ago...freaked me out. I told my wife it looked big as a samoan crab (ok maybe not that big) but she was kinda scared. I saw it last night while on the computer and ran to get some raid. I shot it but the freakin can shot out a huge loogey and the spider dodged it. So its like crawling on my desk and stuff and I find a newpaper an swat it. It did the spider-legs-death-crumble and I felt like the man. It was still there this morning (none of that roach fake-dead stuff). But I do a google on Cane Spiders Hawaii to find out how deadly these creatures are and found this:
    http://www.instanthawaii.com/cgi-bin...i?Animals.cane

Now I feel bad that I killed it. I should have just opened the door and told the spider to get out .
    Last edited by cezanne; June 4, 2005, 11:29 AM.

Re: Cane Spider in da house

Hheheheheh! I clicked on the link you gave. Interesting. Also, on that site, today's Hawaiian word is Wahine - (wa-he-nay)
    Woman, wife, female - anything having to do with female. (More Hawaiian). Great site. You're the man Cezanne. Me, centapede, roaches, drug dealers, all the same....I give um' a whack whack in da head. Centapeds, roaches, etc. dies. Drug Dealers only can knock out...me no like go jail foa murder.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

*clicks on link, shivers*

dat's one huge spider!

I would have took a picture of it before swating it, then post it here

But if that spider entered my house, then all of the boys will scream like girls
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I took a picture this morning. I called my wife at work and told her that I got killed it... so I took a pic for her for proof haha. Two legs broke off while I was trying to unbend them to make it look like the big badass I claimed it was. How do you post a pic on this board?

As kids we used to let garden spiders (the black/white/yellow ones) crawl on us, handfeed praying mantisses as pets (they would never leave us because we spoiled them by catching grasshoppers for them). But this cane spider looked too out of place. Come to find out they are healthy for the home (however, my wife would never buy into that). I first saw it upstairs, killed it downstairs... so either that guy really gets around or he has family .

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
            How do you post a pic on this board?
            Upload it onto imageshack then get the picture URL, and paste it between these tags: {img}url of image.jpg{/img} (replacing {} with [])
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

[on adding pictures to posts]

...Or you could try it this way.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Here's the pic

of the beast. I broke two legs while stretching them back out. Ummmm... that's the new quart size ketchup packet .
                Attached Files

Comment

Yah i rememba dat kine spider growing up. When we lived in kalihi we had a downstairs shower in the garage and early in da morning we used to get ready for skool lidat. one morning about 5am i went downstairs and jumped in da shower and closed da curtain and dere it was da most biggest hairyest (scuse eh no can spell in pidgin mode) lol cane spider... mo look like one big hairy ama crab or tarantula!! dam i wen jump and turn on da hot water and splashed dat bugga!! da ting neva like die and i had to smashem with my slippah. den i wen washem down da drain. even a local boy like me wen scream! hahahaha my modda dem sed wat happen and i toldem dey all LOL!!
                  Reggie aka pinakboy
                  Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                  Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                  Recipe Tube TV!
                  Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Found another one tonight. I was up in my room and my wife calls me on my cell (she didn't want to yell and scare it lol) to tell me about the "tarantula" that's in the stairwell. I had a feeling that it was just another cane spider and sure enough it was. I come down and tell her to relax and give her all the inside scoops about cane spiders how they don't bite and are actually great for keeping the bug population down. Well she's not buying it and tells me to do something. So I caught it and put it in a tupperware just so I could take a pic.

Afterwards I released it back into the yard. We leave the front door open so that our dog can go in and out of the house to cruise on the porch or whatever. I guess that everything else feels like it's open house. Oh yeah found a centipede a couple weeks ago.

Here's the blurry pic:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                      Me, centapede, roaches, drug dealers, all the same....I give um' a whack whack in da head
                      Don't whack yourself in the head, silly! Only the bugs and the dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                        So I caught it and put it in a tupperware just so I could take a pic.
                        Yipe. Good thing you mentioned the container. At first glance, it looked like the spider was sitting on a washing machine, in which case, it would've been a huge specimen!

Comment

Nah, can still tell it's a small one. You can see the Lion Coffee bag next to it...

Now, the centipede is something else entirely. Those things are scary!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                            Nah, can still tell it's a small one. You can see the Lion Coffee bag next to it...
                            Well, I did say "at first glance." Besides. It coulda been a Costco-sized bag of Lion Coffee!

Comment

Here's a pic I took of the centipede. Downstairs bathroom (pretty close to the front door), it was trying to get out of the pit of despair, the wash basin. Yep it crawled up the wall and fell in. My wife heard about putting dishsoap on them to suffocate them (that's what all that liquid is). I dunno, the blunt end of a broomstick handle does the trick for me.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by cezanne; July 26, 2005, 10:44 AM. Reason: first pic was too big

Comment

Working...
                              X