Help with Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Avatars

I am wondering how to put an small JPG or BMP picture into the Avatar. I have tried before to put a picture in following the instructions and receive an error msg every time. I have reduced them to the required 70x70 requirment and still no joy. If anyone can help I would gladly appriciate the advice.
    May God bless those who love us. And those who do not love us, may He turn their hearts. And if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping.

Re: Adding Pictures to an Avatar.

What error are you receiving? PM me the details. If all else fails, we can get your avatar hosted, and you can have it linked via URL rather than upload.

Comment

I liked my last avatar, but it seemed like it came from another lifetime so I'll go with this one, till the winds change.
      Last edited by Menehune Man; May 7, 2006, 05:15 PM. Reason: Add a comma...
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I too am confused about how to add a picture to an Avatar. I have a Photobucket account which is where I usually take pictures from (copy) and
        insert them where I need to (paste) -- but when I do this on the profile section where it asks for the picture, I get an error message saying that the
        URL isn't good.

I know I'm technically challenged, I was pretty proud just to figure out the
        Photobucket thing! Can I use this for my Avatar? Or do I need to do something else?

Sorry for being dumb! Mahalo plenty for your help!

Janet

Comment

you dont need to use photobucket you can upload a pic for your avatar straight from your comp...its the second option

you need to have a jpg that is 70 by 70 pixels or 25.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
          so try uploading it straight from your comp...
          Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Originally posted by koloagirl
            I too am confused about how to add a picture to an Avatar. I have a Photobucket account which is where I usually take pictures from (copy) and
            insert them where I need to (paste) -- but when I do this on the profile section where it asks for the picture, I get an error message saying that the
            URL isn't good.

I know I'm technically challenged, I was pretty proud just to figure out the
            Photobucket thing! Can I use this for my Avatar? Or do I need to do something else?

Sorry for being dumb! Mahalo plenty for your help!

Janet
            At your photobucket account, find your picture you want, and under it, it has three text boxes. Find the one that says "URL" (the top one) and highlight all of the letters in there. Press the control key (ctrl) together with the letter C and go to the user CP on the top of this website. Then on the left hand side, select "edit avatar", then find where it says "custom avatar". Under there, find the "enter avatar URL" and in the text box, click in there and press control (ctrl) and V, then the address will be pasted in there. Click on save changes, and to see your new avatar, just revisit your old threads that you already posted in (no need to make a new thread to test 'um.)
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Okay...my first post (2nd actually but not counting my introduction) and I hope this helps those who want to make their own avatar. I use a program called IrfanView which you can get for free at places like download.com. Good program because it lets you edit and resize pix. It will keep everything in aspect so all you have to do is type in the number you want to change the pic to (such as 70x70) and presto....it resizes it for ya. Then all you do is save the pic and then upload here for your avatar.

You can also use it to do batch conversions (change from .BMP to .JPG) or batch name changes. Lots of other great features but I won't go into them now. If you get it, just play around with it and you'll see how useful it can be.

Hope that is helpful...for a first post.
              Last edited by Ronin; June 6, 2006, 02:56 PM.
              "You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think"

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                I liked my last avatar, but it seemed like it came from another lifetime so I'll go with this one, till the winds change.

I hear what you're saying. I like mines because it seems that's all I am doing is typing whether on this forum or others or talking smack on the chat rooms.
                A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Weird Avatar Error

I apologize for wasting space with this thread but is there a reason I can't put this url for my avatar?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...se-KUNGPAO.jpg

It's a photobucket picture. Thanks anyone!

-kp!

Comment

Re: Weird Avatar Error

It's too big. You need to resize it, I think to 60x60 pixels. Or was it 75x75?

Edit: Aha. It's 70x70:
                    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 70 by 70 pixels or 25.0 KB (whichever is smaller). (link )
                    Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; September 28, 2006, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Re: Weird Avatar Error

ahh, ok... but the error i get is that it's an invalid link? I thought the 70X70 thing was for uploading an avatar to save space....
                      -kp!

Comment

Working...
                      X