Ice cream poll #2 - The things you add to your ice cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice cream poll #2 - The things you add to your ice cream

This is going to be a multiple choice poll so if you add two or more stuff to your ice cream it will allow you to do that.
    fruits
    4.65%
    nuts
    13.95%
    sprinkles
    6.98%
    syrup
    18.60%
    whip cream
    9.30%
    candy (includes chocolate chips and marshmellows)
    4.65%
    brownies and/or cookies
    11.63%
    soda or milk
    9.30%
    I eat it plain
    18.60%
    I don't eat ice cream
    2.33%

Re: Ice cream poll #2 - The things you add to your ice cream

I usually don't add stuff if I'm eating it outside of home. But when home I always put it in my special tall ice cream cup then fill almost halfway with cold milk. Then I stir it with my special long ice cream spoon. The milk has to be cold cold so that it forms ice crystals when stirred. Usually I slurp it just like that or eat with the spoon. If there are oreos or keebler chocolate chip (any other won't do) available... those get broken and added to the mix.

Comment

I've been noticing lately that some people have been putting cereal on their ice cream. I first saw my nephew doing that, adding Frosted Flakes to his plain vanilla ice cream, several months ago. At first, I thought, "Ewwww...", but he said it's just like eating cereal with milk. Made sense to me...

Then I've been to several people's houses since then and for dessert, they also offered cereal with the ice cream (usually corn flakes or Frosted Flakes). Then last Wednesday, at our ice cream social, all the toppings were various types of cereal for the ice cream--Fruit Loops, Cocoa Pebbles, Apple Jacks...I was amazed. The person in charge said she went to a Kelloggs convention somewhere, and that's what they served their cereals with--ice cream. So she bought a whole bunch of different cereals and had it out as toppings for the ice cream, in place of the usual nuts, sprinkles, and cookie crumbs.

I still eat mine plain though heehee

Comment

KC Drive Inn made the best Banana Royal, so did Alex Drive Inn in Kapahulu...now both gone. I go to Zippy's (anyone) to eat Banana Royal, with lots of whipped cream, and NUTS!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I add most of that stuff, but it always depends on what I want to eat. I usually eat ice cream plain at home, but when we have toppings, then I usually make sundaes or other things.

Fruits, nuts, syrup/fudge, and whipped cream are essential for sundaes. If I have any, I might add brownies/crushed cookies, but that's rare. I used to get the hot fudge brownie sundae at McDonald's when they had it. I also used to get the waffle cone sundae with the marshmallows...loved it. I don't usually add candy to my ice cream with the exception of those marshmallows. Soda is added for ice cream floats only.
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

at stonecold i like da blueberries, peanuts, and creamcheese chunks!! mmmmm :9
            Reggie aka pinakboy
            Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
            Recipe Tube TV!
            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

If there's cake, then I add it with my ice cream. Nothing can beat "do-it-yourself" ice cream cake!
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

For me nothing beats a good ole' Nestle Drumstick. Sugar cone with Chocolate covered Vanilla, Nuts and caramel. No additions necessary.

Also, Blue Bunny brand Home Made Vanilla flavor. Sweet!
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Got to be fruits for me like banana, fresh strawberries, peaches, berries, blueberries.. on vanilla ice cream.

Also love any food with caramel in/on it.

Comment

I like to take coffee ice cream, add a brownie, put on syrup and whipped cream and top it off with sprinkles.
                    backwoodlessons2

Comment

I like to add grape nuts to ice cream, if I add anything at all. Sometimes I'll make a homemade banana royale: sliced bananas, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, chocolate and vanilla ice cream. My favorite ice creams are Haagen Daz Pistachio and Chocolate with peanut butter swirled through it. I don't like peanuts in ice cream. But I do like marshmallow goop swirled through it. When I was a kid, Sealtest Heavenly Hash was out of this world.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I eat it plain. If its not good enough like than I don't buy it again.

Frozen yogurt from Yami Yogurt is pretty good too.

Comment

Working...
                        X