PDA

View Full Version : Hamburger Poll - Non-Local Fast Food Places

helen
June 9th, 2005, 12:28 PM
So where do you like to go to eat a hamburger when the mood
strikes you? For this poll going to stick with the fast food places. I don't know if Dairy Queen still sells hamburgers or not and I don't know the status of MOS Burgers so that's why I have the "other" choice. This will allow multiple choices so if you are torn between 2 or more places, this will allow it.

kupomog
June 9th, 2005, 12:58 PM
All those places are fine with me, but Jack-in-the-Box is where I go most often. Wendy's is next, but a bit far from me. There are three McDonald's and a Burger King nearer to me than JitB, though.

kimo55
June 9th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Ya know, i have been a semi vegetanarian for sooo long, last time i had a hamburger, was at carl's hawaii kai. about one month ago. Just fer ol time's sake, had to have one.
also cuz we wuz haulin lava rock. beeg bumboocha boulder kine.
So; whachoo goin do to hando da kine?!
Beer and heavy solid food! what else!?
beeg mistake.
I felt for da nex 5 hours, as if I swallowed a brick. da buggah slowed me down sooo much.

Nope. i will stay with healthy live raw food, some dairy and seafood.
a taco and tamale now and then.
But da mexican food is my only concession toward allegience to my carnivorous past.

LikaNui
June 9th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Jack In The Box, mainly, just cuz it's the closest. But the Angus Steak burger at Burger King is probably the best one around.
Funny you should ask, tho, cuz about 2 hours ago I had a burger (with avocado) at Bob's Big Boy. Not fast food, per se, but.
Now I'm ready to help Kimo with those rocks!
:p

cezanne
June 9th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Jacques... jumbo jack and two tacos for is my answer to a hamburger and fries.

AbsolutChaos
June 9th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Being that I'm from the birthplace of Wendy's (miss ya, Dave Thomas!), I'm all about Wendy's...however I don't eat beef anymore. Their non-beef stuff is great, though! I've never been to any of the Wendy's chains here, but I used to go regularly on the Mainland.

Jack n da box is next, simply because there's one right next to my house and there's still some novelty in it for me (I didn't grow up in areas with this chain).

lavagal
June 9th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Ya know, i have been a semi vegetanarian for sooo long, last time i had a hamburger, was at carl's hawaii kai. about one month ago. Just fer ol time's sake, had to have one.
also cuz we wuz haulin lava rock. beeg bumboocha boulder kine.
So; whachoo goin do to hando da kine?!

Despite all that you've said here Kimo55, where the heck is Carl's in Hawaii Kai because I live out here and I'd go in a heartbeat to have a burger smothered in ortega chiles!

The burgers are great at Kua Aina Ward, but you get them with surly service. I used to love Ted's Diamond Head and when they came to Hawaii Kai, the burgers were so bad! I sent back a really raw burger because blood was all over the roll and lettuce and stuff and the staff refried it and put it back on the same roll! WHAT THE PHO? SO NOW I TELL EVERYONE WHO ASKS ME ABOUT TEDS in Hawaii Kai. SCREW THEM.

scrivener
June 9th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I like all of these places, and I agree with the Angus-burger statement, but nothing really beat a Big Mac. If there were no consequences, I'd have one twice weekly.

helen
June 9th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I haven't had a Big Mac since 1999. It wasn't the taste that turns me off but the Big Mac is a messy burger to eat with shread lettuce in it. Same goes with the Big Whopper too.

However McDonalds Double Cheeseburger for a $1 is a good cheap eat and if you want lettuce, get the side salad for $1 too. Speaking of which for Wendy's for the combo meal you have a choice of fries, two kinds of salad or a baked potatoe.

scrivener
June 9th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I haven't had a Big Mac since 1999. It wasn't the taste that turns me off but the Big Mac is a messy burger to eat with shread lettuce in it.
I hear 'ya, and I hate, hate, hate, hate getting food on myself. When I order a large burger, I rebuild it, making sure that nothing messy is hanging out, even removing excess lettuce if necessary, and I take careful bites. If I can get one, I use a plastic knife to cut the burger in half, making it easier to take a neat bite.

kimo55
June 10th, 2005, 12:05 AM
WHAT THE PHO? SO NOW I TELL EVERYONE WHO ASKS ME ABOUT TEDS in Hawaii Kai. SCREW THEM.

oh yea. teds bigger burgers? that place with the prefab FAAAKKKEEE 50's synthetic retro look?
hate their stuff. BLLAANNNDDD city.

WWK888
June 23rd, 2005, 10:37 PM
oh yea. teds bigger burgers? that place with the prefab FAAAKKKEEE 50's synthetic retro look?
hate their stuff. BLLAANNNDDD city.

So Kimo...where is Carl's in Hawaii Kai? Been here 30 years and never saw one. :confused:

kimo55
June 23rd, 2005, 10:41 PM
"Which national fast food chain is your favorite for hamburgers?"

if I MUST... absolutely must have a boiguh;

In-N-Out.

kimo55
June 23rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
So Kimo...where is Carl's in Hawaii Kai? Been here 30 years and never saw one

ok.
I give up;
where?

wait; is this a trick question?!

Kalihiboy
June 24th, 2005, 01:00 AM
There is a Carls Jr at Kahala Mall maybe that is what he is thinking of. It used to be a Burger King I think.

There is also a Carls Jr. on Nimitz, near Sand Island.

I thought I heard there was one in Millilani or one planned in the future. I like it but think they are expensive and after I read the fat content of the guacamole burger I wonder if I should eat that again. I do have LOVE their Pastrami Burger!

I prefer Wendy's, hands down. I wish we had a Fuddruckers over here, you get to build your own burger. Also would love to have a WhatBurger as well, but they are only Southwest based.

Someone mentioned MOS Burger there is one in Waikiki still.

Teddy's Burgers left Monseratt recently and are now on Kapahulu by the zoo.

KalihiBoy

shaveice
June 24th, 2005, 01:05 AM
kimo, you wrote: Ya know, i have been a semi vegetanarian for sooo long, last time i had a hamburger, was at carl's hawaii kai. about one month ago...

wat? i no kan believe! so you no eat lau lau? kalua pig??? i going faint!

Ailina
June 24th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Weeeeeell...I have to admit I LOVE a big greasy cheeseburger. Sonic Drive-In (are there any Sonics in Hawai`i?) used to make the best sloppy burgers, but they "cleaned up" and cook a bit healthier now.

The best burgers, I've found, are from Wendy's. The bread is always fresh, the veggies are always fresh and crisp, and the meat is always well cooked. Only thing is, sometimes, they're a bit skimpy on the mayo.

kalena32
June 24th, 2005, 08:00 AM
In-n-Out!!!

LikaNui
June 24th, 2005, 08:31 AM
In-n-Out!!!

Kimo and Kalena, let's all sing their theme song!
"In-n-Out... In-n-Out... that's what a hamburger's all about..."
Bet you won't get that song out of your head all day!
:p

Linkmeister
June 24th, 2005, 09:23 AM
No Sonics, no In-n-Out. There's a Carl's Jr. at the Pearlridge Uptown Food Court, too; it's the only fast food place I've ever seen which offered fried zucchini slices.

kimo55
June 24th, 2005, 09:23 AM
kimo, you wrote: Ya know, i have been a semi vegetanarian for sooo long, last time i had a hamburger, was at carl's hawaii kai. about one month ago...

wat? i no kan believe! so you no eat lau lau? kalua pig??? i going faint!

Kalua pig, yea. But that is mixed in with odda ono stuffs, and it's not a huge chunk like whatcha see in a burger, which is prepped in a much less caring fashion, and the meat in a corporate fastfood burger is the cheapest, oldest, most chemically infused piece of sh. .. naaah, ya don't wanna know how they make burgers for the fast food industry;
Semi veg means I won't wolf down a big slab of bloody dead cow. I am happy to scarf down hawaiian plate lunch anytime. (one o da bes is at waihole poi factory) Or tamale or taco. Mex being anodda favorite.
Semi veg means alotta seafood too.
Last nite, was da ono est at Bluwater in Hawaii kai; Opah prepped cajun style, caesar salad, mashed potatoes (how DO they do it like that!?) and sauteed veggies. washed down with three well earned Chimays.
http://www.greylodge.com/chimay.jpg
I do appreciate how they present them; frosted chimay glass each time.
http://www.monasterygreetings.com/productimages/Item1855_chimay_glass.jpg
surrounded by water and beautiful wahine... bluwater no ka oi.

shaveice
June 25th, 2005, 02:56 AM
kimo, i'm not a vegetarian but even so, i think most people will acknowledge that the typical american diet is wacked big time. funny how we know/suspect that a lot of what we eat is not good for us, but we still go ahead anyway. convenience is a big factor. and so is price.

a long time ago, i had an aunt who was a seventh day adventist and she used to make the most delicious meals! i was amazed.

can you whip out a short list of places that you like in town that serve healthy dishes?

tanks!

pinakboy
June 30th, 2005, 09:29 AM
i miss In-n-Out when we were in vegas! dam das homecooking style burgers!! as if i madem!! :)

but gotta settle for jack's. da ultimate is our fave! :D

but i've been wanting to have a double whopper lately... hehehe :rolleyes:

kimo55
June 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM
can you whip out a short list of places that you like in town that serve healthy dishes?

no

helen
October 11th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Sort of noticed that Jack-in-the-Box has raised the price of Jumbo Jacks from $1.29 to $1.99.

alohabear
October 11th, 2006, 11:16 AM
While visting my sissy one summer in LA, I had a cheeseburger from In & Out burger....best I ever had. Other than that...I love Wendy's.

mapen
October 12th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Sort of noticed that Jack-in-the-Box has raised the price of Jumbo Jacks from $1.29 to $1.99.Yeah? Hmm, that probably means they raised the price of a Big Cheeseburger from $1.29 to $1.99 too.

Oh well, I knew it had to happen sooner or later. For me, the Big Cheeseburger with lettuce tomatoes pickles, mustard No mayo, for $1.29 was/is the absolute best deal in cheap cheap burgers anywhere.

mapen
October 12th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Other than that...I love Wendy's.So do alot of locals. I read in the newspaper that the Wendy's by the airport is in the Top 5 Busiest Wendy's in all of the USA!

alohabear
October 12th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Can you believe that a BIG town like Hilo has no Wendy's:eek: ? Kona has two, but ever since the Wendy's in Hilo closed when "Kaniala" owned most of them. They never returned.

mel
October 12th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Darn I got foiled again by another multiple choice poll by answering the poll first before reading the first post. Somehow there should be a way to put the first post at the top and then the mulitiple choice poll after that. Now I can't go back to vote for the other 2 places I usually go... Jack in the Box and McD's. My first choice is Burger King. I like the Whopper. I have never been to a Wendy's since the firm started franchises in Hawaii again. The last time I ate at a Wendy's, Ronald Reagan was still president.

Kungpao
October 12th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Carl's JR!!!!!

I'll have a Double Western Bacon Cheese burger please! Actually, make that 3 dozen... frozen so i can eat them over a long period of time cause we don't have CJr here in PA :(

Fat Jeff
October 12th, 2006, 09:08 AM
OK, while not available in Hawaii, my favorite still has to be Steak N Shake (Midwestern chain). They serve a sirloin steak burger and real ice cream shakes...all hand made patties. Just the best, tastiest patties.

Going there was always a treat since we went to one just off the highway near Indianapolis...so we could only go when we traveled back to Chicago to visit family. Maybe if we went more often the taste wouldn't be so "special"....but ahhhhhh....still my favorite burger

Pomai
October 12th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I remember Kenny's Burger House in Kalihi (now a McDonald's) used to have supah' ono Teri Burgers that often went on sale for only 10 cents each - and this is in the 90's, not 50's.

Nobody here mentioned White Castle yet. I'm curious just how good these famous little square-patty "sliders" are. They must be good enough for the trouble Harold and Kumar (http://www.haroldandkumar.com) went through for them. lol

Hawaii doesn't have any White Castle locations, but My friend said Sam's Club has their burgers in the freezer section. I'll keep that in mind on my next trip there.

Fat Jeff
October 12th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Nobody here mentioned White Castle yet. I'm curious just how good these famous little square-pattied "sliders" are. They must be good enough for the trouble Harold and Kumar (http://www.haroldandkumar.com) went through for them. lol

Hawaii doesn't have any White Castle locations, but My friend said Sam's Club has their burgers in the freezer section. I'll keep that in mind on my next trip there.

White Castle...yeah...Sliders! Buy 'em buy the sack! Literally, since they are about the size of smaller dinner rolls, you'll need a few to feel full. Greasy? Check! Five holes in the meat patty? Check! Equally greasy grilled onions? Check! Puffy soft white bread bun? Check!

I guess it's a thing you grow up with...never as good as an adult as when you were a kid. When I took my wife to Chicago last year we stopped in a White Castle. My Local Girl from Ewa Beach wanted to try the legendary sliders. She was...totally grossed out. I finished hers and we stopped for a hot dog to replace her lunch.

Oh well...she can't stand sliders and I'm no fan of tripe stew...as always YMMV

Kelly0040
October 12th, 2006, 09:48 AM
White Castle burgers are ...interesting. I can only eat them when I'm drunk. I could prolly eat them while sober. I just choose not to.

It's a gooey, steamed burger with onions. Lots of bread soaked in grease (or maybe it's just steam, either way, it's gooeygluey) and a little patty with a definite onion flavor. Don't try to pry the bottom piece of bread from the patty because it'll make you cringe. The frozen versions are ok...not the same, but you'll get the idea, I think. The best part about White Castle imo is that they serve crinkle fries (which I LOVE). I dont know if I'd buy a Sam's Club-size box of them, tho. They do have them in the freezer section at Star Market.

Favorite burger is In n Out - Hamburger with grilled onions plz and a pink lemonade. It's the first place I go when I fly home.

The Northwest's Burgerville is pretty good, too. iirc, they use walla walla onions and grass-fed locally-raised beef <3

Sonic's burger is all right cuz you can get mustard on it (or it used to come already on it, I can't remember). Not to mention tator tots w/ chili and lemon berry creamslushes. and a corn dog, too, if im on the road.

The only burger I get at BK is the Whopper Jr., which for the price, is a pretty gosh darn good burger (w/o mayo). I always seem to get a big piece of tomato on mine, so maybe that's why I like them so much. I'd get a regular sized Whopper, but it's too big.

nachodaddy
October 12th, 2006, 10:01 AM
White Castle burgers are ...interesting. I can only eat them when I'm drunk. I could prolly eat them while sober. I just choose not to.

Favorite burger is In n Out - Hamburger with grilled onions plz and a pink lemonade. It's the first place I go when I fly home.

The Northwest's Burgerville is pretty good, too. iirc, they use walla walla onions and grass-fed beef locally-raised beef <3

Sonic's burger is all right cuz you can get mustard on it (or it used to come already on it, I can't remember). Not to mention tator tots w/ chili and lemon berry creamslushes. and a corn dog, too, if im on the road.

My doctor would cring if he saw me write this.........but I love burgers!!!!

White Castle- definite drunk food- tried them sober and found them inedible.

In and Out- Animal 3 X 3 with animal fries after a morning sesh. Washed down a lemonade. Followed by a nap. If you are a So Cal local, you know what to do with the bumper stickers!!!!

Burgerville- SW Washington and Portland. Great meat!!! Walla walla onions and rasberries on the seasonal menu. Good fish and chips too.

Sonic- saw the first penetration of Sonic in the NW in Medford, Oregon. Ditto with the tater tots and chili. Plus all those sugary drinks with the neon colors.

Pomai
October 12th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Between Jeff, Kelly and Nacho's explanation of a White Castle Slider, I'm not so sure if buying a bulk-sized box of 'em from Sam's Club might be a good idea. :eek:

Maybe after a few beers I'll think about it. :D

nachodaddy
October 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Maybe after a few beers I'll think about it. :D

More like a 12 pack..........:D

Leo Lakio
October 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Agreed: Sliders are something you eat when you just need some food-like sustenance in your belly, something to soak up the alcohol. Not something you seek out with unimpaired tastebuds.

jkpescador
October 14th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I voted for other ... and for me that means In-n-Out.

There is an A&W at the Mililani Town Center. Which was pretty good.

Erika Engle
October 14th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Sort of noticed that Jack-in-the-Box has raised the price of Jumbo Jacks from $1.29 to $1.99.

New owner:

http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/09/news/story03.html

http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/13/business/bizbriefs.html

They've still got a chicken sandwich, beef monster taco and the two-taco deal for .99 each ... I went to the Kailua location yesterday. I must have tossed the receipt, which I just looked for to provide verification. Oh well. I definitely remember they had a decent burger for .99, but that and other prices have gone up.

Maybe the Hawaii stores' margins weren't good enough?

helen
October 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM
It's been a long while since Jumbo Jacks have been sold at 99 cents and there was a TV commecial (http://www.hawaiistories.com/archives/004982.shtml) that made a point of keeping that item at that price (hinting that anyone at the corprate Jack-in-the-Box headquarters would get fired for even suggesting to raise the prices).

Well 3 years at $1.29 seems to be a good run on the Jumbo Jack. I can live with $1.99 Jumbo Jacks for the next 3 years or more.

Erika Engle
October 14th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Not for nothin' -- I mean, I really prefer to report positive news ... but because nothing was going to happen I didn't make a story/column of it.

I believe it was In-N-Out Burger, a privately held, family run company, that told me they have no plans to expand to Hawaii.

Sorry guys/gals.

Pomai
October 14th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I'm curious what they're gonna' do with the property formerly occupied (http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2006/08/28/daily15.html) by Jack in the Box in Waikiki on the corner of Kalakaua Ave. and McCully, across 7-11. It's still boarded up and starting to look delapidated with Grafitti.

They also closed the Jack in the Box location further down across Duke's Statue near the police substation.

I wish Teddy's Bigger Better Burgers would follow suit how they took over the Kapahulu "zoo" location where a Jack in the Box also formerly occupied.

I LOVE TEDDY'S BIGGER BETTER BURGERS (http://tastyisland.wordpress.com/2006/06/08/teddys-bigger-burgers-now-up-to-18-ounces)! Enough to pay more than 99 cents for one. One just a doorstep away would be great.

Pomai
October 24th, 2006, 05:05 PM
White Castle- definite drunk food- tried them sober and found them inedible.I Tried the ones from Sam's Club the other day (bought from a vending machine)...

http://www.96seven44.com/images/whitecastles_nuked.jpg
Package of two fully-cooked microwavable Cheesebuger "Slyders". They're each pretty small. The buns look more like dinner rolls. Nuke 'em for 35 seconds and they come out looking like that (not exactly pretty).

Like most ready-to-heat frozen prepared foods, they (the hamburger patty and cheese) were pretty high in sodium. The ingredients says the burger patty has dried onions in it, which you can sort of taste. The bun texture was pretty good considering it was nuked. As you can see, my knife colapsed the bun on the one cut in half, revealing the square, WAFER-THIN patty.

They tasted pretty much like a plain 'ole McDonald's Cheeseburger, sans any condiments. The small "Slyder" size made it feel like I had raided Ken and Barbie's dollhouse fridge. lol Overall, not bad.

Would I buy a whole case of this stuff at Sam's Club? Probably only if a case of beer was in the cart along with it. :D

http://96seven44.com/images/whitecastle_microburgers.jpg

tikiyaki
October 24th, 2006, 05:47 PM
The key is to drink the entire case of beer first, then the "slyders" will actually taste more like food. That's how people in NY do it. That's why White Castle is open 24 hours. No person in their right mind would eat it without a strong alcohol inebriation (sp?)

Go to a White Castle at 3 am on a Friday or Saturday Night, and you are almost guaranteed to get into trouble, not to mention the trouble you get into AFTER eating the burgers. :eek:

Jake's Ohana
October 24th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Carl's JR!!!!!

I'll have a Double Western Bacon Cheese burger please! Actually, make that 3 dozen... frozen so i can eat them over a long period of time cause we don't have CJr here in PA :(

Ehh KP...

I'm with you on da Carl's Jr. These burgers are da bomb! Flame broiled unlike Jack n the Crack, and Mickey D's, and they are rather plump in size. They are juicy,and they specialize on different types of burgers like the guacamole burger, jalapeno burger, 1/2 lb. burger, to name a few. My vote would be for the 100% Angus beef burger. If you should ever be near a Hardees (http://www.hardees.com/home/) in Pennsylvania and throughout the south and mid-west you can count on the similar style as Carl's Jr. as it is under the same ownership of CKE (Carl Karcher Enterprises).

*pinao*
October 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I dont really eat fast food that much.. Im a health junkie when it comes to fast food lol... but when I do go to have some easy meals I usually go to Burger King :)

tikiyaki
October 24th, 2006, 07:16 PM
My fave is Fatburger, hands down...when I need a good quick fix and there's not Fatburger around, Burger King is my choice...their burgers taste like backyard bbq to me.

Thanx to Pomai and his Tasty Island Blog www.tastyisland.wordpress.com , I will be tracking down a Kiawe BBQ and trying thier burgers

http://tastyisland.wordpress.com/tag/korean/

Now THAT looks like a great burger.

808shooter
October 24th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Oh hands down...

In-N-Out Burger in California and Nevada.

Double Double extra cheese, fries animal style and a coke. Killa. If you have the chance to go to one while on the mainland, you'll end up wishing you never did because you have to travel to California or Vegas to have them.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9652/topstore1zw4.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3567/homecenterwh5.jpg

Another bummer is that this is not a franchisee chain. They are actually family owned and started up before Ray Croc and McD's. They are still family owned 50 years later and the quality shows.

The best is seeing them put a potato into this slicer thing-a-ma-bob and watch them cook fresh real french fries. Ug I'm dying for one again.

tikiyaki
October 25th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Oh hands down...

In-N-Out Burger in California and Nevada.

I don't know why people go gaga for this place. Just ok in my book.
Fresh ? Absolutely, but their little thin patties cooked on a flat metal grill is just so "McDonalds" to me. I DO go there, cos the wahine loves it, but I have not turned her on to Fatburger yet.

To me,and I'm not alone on this (Pomai, feel free to chime in) you have to cook a burger over an open flame to maximize the flavor. The french fries are fresh, yes, but not as good as others I've had. But hey, what the hell do I know, they have mile long lines at every location.
808, next time you're in the mainland, try to find a Fatburger, and get a KING Burger on the char....now THAT will put a smile on yer face.

http://www.fatburger.com/home/

Erika Engle
October 28th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Bigger and more ominous than the Krispy Kreme burger of HT thread fame:

The Killer Kamikaze Burger, at Lardee's.

I scoured the 'Net to try and grab a link to the video, but I guess you've gotta go through the iTunes rigamaroll, even to get it for free (which it is).

There's a link to the link, if you know what I mean, here:

http://freeitunessongs.blogspot.com/

Of course it's a parody, from Jay Leno's fake commercials. My daughter has it in her new video iPod -- which she bought with her very own, hard-earned money. Gosh, disposable income. What a concept!

808shooter
November 6th, 2006, 10:58 PM
808, next time you're in the mainland, try to find a Fatburger, and get a KING Burger on the char....now THAT will put a smile on yer face.

Faaaaaht Burrgher..... been there a few times, not sure why they don't appeal to me. I liked it but not where I have to keep going back. I suspect it's the fact that it's a franchise and the quality standards are probably not highly maintained as they are at In-n-Out. I guess everyone's tastebuds are different.

That being said, I have a local entry to add to the best burger poll. Bubba Burger in Kapaa. They have two locations on Kauai so I guess that would qualify them as a chain :-P Went there for lunch today. Awsome! Everything was fresh and the burger was made from local Kauai beef.

http://www.bubbaburger.com/menu.html

AbsolutChaos
November 7th, 2006, 08:08 AM
In 2007 the Formaggio chef is opening, along with a bistro, steak house, Formaggio grill, and a tex-mex place, a Kobe burger place. Wonder how it will rank among all these other burgers! Oh wait, oops--this is local burger. Sorry, wrong thread!

Serenity
November 11th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Sorry so late in the reply but....

I was going to pick Wendys, because of their thick shakes, then I remembered McDonalds Has their dollar menus!!. Oooh!!.

I like their dollar menus, especially when I just feel like having their Chocolate Sundeas or their fruit/yogurt parfaits, oooh Yummy!!. :)

damontucker
November 11th, 2006, 07:39 PM
In 2007 the Formaggio chef is opening, along with a bistro, steak house, Formaggio grill, and a tex-mex place, a Kobe burger place. Wonder how it will rank among all these other burgers! Oh wait, oops--this is local burger. Sorry, wrong thread!
No matter... Kobe Burger place has got me interested...:D

tikiyaki
November 12th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Faaaaaht Burrgher..... been there a few times, not sure why they don't appeal to me. I liked it but not where I have to keep going back. I suspect it's the fact that it's a franchise and the quality standards are probably not highly maintained as they are at In-n-Out. I guess everyone's tastebuds are different.

That being said, I have a local entry to add to the best burger poll. Bubba Burger in Kapaa. They have two locations on Kauai so I guess that would qualify them as a chain :-P Went there for lunch today. Awsome! Everything was fresh and the burger was made from local Kauai beef.

http://www.bubbaburger.com/menu.html

Really? Fatburgers are some of the cleanest burger places I've seen.
In n Out is sucha factory to me, but hey, like you said, all tastebuds are different, and I like the flame broiled taste.