the end of america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the end of america

what would happen if the terrorists unleashed nukes and viruses onto america causing a complete economic and social collapse.no more government,cities,economy,society,country.

hawaii would by default instantly become a sovereign nation and the yen would become the defacto currency replacing the dollar.

alaska would instantly become a province of canada.

puerto rico and the virgin islands would instantly become third world caribbean countries without the food stamps.

American Samoa, Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands, Navassa Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll,and Wake Island would become a part of micronesia,
    indonesia,phillipines,marshall islands,etc.again.

and the world wouldn't care or worse.
    free hawaii!hawaii sovereignty now!

Re: the end of america

Originally posted by arrakis
    and the world wouldn't care or worse.

you mean the rest o da world?
    america wouldn't care, cuz sounds like it would be no mo.

Comment

what would happen if the terrorists unleashed nukes and viruses onto america causing a complete economic and social collapse.no more government,cities,economy,society,country.

hawaii would by default instantly become a sovereign nation and the yen would become the defacto currency replacing the dollar.
      I grant you one nuke exploding on a city within the United States would cause a lot of deaths and destruction, but not the complete collpase of the United States. That would take a lot of nukes to go after a lot of cities to take out the United States. However more than likey such an attack would have Honolulu as a target as well. This doesn't bode well for Hawaii.

Comment

That Doomsday scenario is even a bit much for me, the flaming liberal! I doubt there are enough terrorists and/or enough nuclear weapons to wipe out the entire country. However, whereever the military bases are certainly could become targets (yes, Hawai'i included).

I think America will always exist as a nation, but our downfall will be of our own (i.e., our government's) making. It won't happen because of natural catastrophe or war, it'll happen because our economic and foreign policies and the world's view of us will turn America into a second class nation. Unfortunately, we are a nation in decline, much as the European nations went into decline in previous periods. The signs are everywhere: outsourcing of many manufacturing industries, declining farm production, reliance on imported goods (and food), a really whacked out balance of trade, a huge national debt, a lousy job situation that has turned us into a nation of service workers (I'll take fries with that ), and corporate greed, among other things.

The sad thing is our current Administration and most of the members of Congress (yes, Republicans and Democrats) still insist that our military strength and our ability of influence others by force is what's needed to keep this country strong. The time is coming when no other nation will listen to us, and countries like China and India, which have the fastest growing populations and therefore the greatest need for resources, will be the ones calling the shots.

Since I believe in the cyclical nature of history, I also believe that one day America will rise again, but probably not in our lifetimes.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

American Samoa, Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands, Navassa Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll,and Wake Island would become a part of micronesia,
          indonesia,phillipines,marshall islands,etc.again.
          Based on the facts presented in this CIA web-page about the Palmyra Atoll (see link), and if the scenario you decribed actually came true, it's possible that the Palmyra Atoll could be reunited with the freed Hawai'ian nation, as according to the web page, the islands were once claimed as lands of the Kingdom of Hawai'i.

Palmyra returns to Kingdom of Hawai'i?

Comment

Better start learning Chinese

For those of you who are still lulled into a false sense of security about the strength of American companies, consider this...

"...One of China's largest state-controlled oil companies made a $18.5 billion unsolicited bid Thursday for Unocal, signaling the first big takeover battle by a Chinese company for an American corporation.

The bold bid, by the China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC), may be a watershed in Chinese corporate behavior, and it demonstrates the increasing influence on Asia of Wall Street's bare-knuckled takeover tactics.

The offer is also the latest symbol of China's growing economic power and of the soaring ambitions of its corporate giants, particularly when it comes to the energy resources it needs desperately to continue feeding its rapid growth. ..."

Unocal a couple of months ago had agreed to be bought out by Chevron, so more than likely this is just a ploy to test the waters for the Chinese.

Other American corporations thought to be likely targets of additional Chinese interest: IBM and Maytag.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

dissolution of the U.S. government

Dissolution of the United States government any time in the relatively near future may indeed be predicated on some apocalyptic event or series of events. Surely, given the evidence of the process and results of U.S. electoral processes since November 1980 to present it is hard to believe that anything but physical catastrophe for the U.S. will be able provoke the U.S. electorate to either choose or accept dissolution of the U.S. government, no matter how beneficial to humantiy would be the dissolution of the mortally corrupted (by Corporatism) U.S. government.

Comment

I think an economic collapse brought upon us by the selling of our American corporations to foreign powers will bring about a profound change in this country sooner and more dramatically than any apocalyptic disaster, simply because a physical occurrence would probably only impact one part of the country (while the rest of the country went on with life).

If our free market system becomes controlled by say, the Chinese, then renegade American multinationals like Walmart would go down the tubes because the Chinese would increase their bargaining power (i.e., sell their products to us for more money) and cause many many people in this country to lose their service jobs. Another Depression would more than likely be the result. And since farmland is disappearing at a very accelerated rate, there won't be enough food grown in the US to sustain the population. So then it would become survival of the fittest, and quite possibly some of us would die. That would be one way to get rid of the traffic congestion and other big-city ills!

Miulang

Comment

U.S. refugees

Perhaps your prescience has been now illuminated by the the end of New Orleans, "The Big Easy", U.S.

It is not as if there are only now U.S. refugees who are born, raised in, and will most likely die the United States struggling to exi$t day to day in the the great capitalUSt$ wonder that is set on conquering the world (including reality); albeit, there are those times when it seems that the world (ie, reality) is overruling the perceptions of US $itizens.

Comment

The way Bush governs America - basically by using our country's wealth to destroy and rebuild Iraq - and thats about it.

It'll pretty much destroy us as a nation economically. (We're not put any money into the American people or nanotechnology or anything progressive financially or socially or anything at all really - the govt stopped its interest in everything else). This spells really bad news for the economically prosperious parts of the US - East Coast and West Coast. Strangely though, the rest of the U.S., will just go on regardless of who it is who owns all those wal-marts, food joints, multinational corporations, etc., etc.

Comment

I think you are a fucken loser to take such joy in that whole scenario.

Comment

Frequent Ask Questions, Rules and Regulations is a must for new members! No profanity allowed! Three times your OUT policy! One down...two to go.
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                        X