Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Sit

Hi
    My wife and I are looking for a House Sit for the month of September(2005).
    I am a Physician and she is recently retired fom Northwest Airlines.
    We are home owners for the past 30 years and are very well aquainted with proper home care and maintainance.
    I lived on Oahu where I did my pediatric training at Kapiolani Childrens Hospital.
    We are very good with animal-care,gardens,house-plants,and everyday household chores.
    We would love to care for your home,and enjoy the magic of the Islands.
    Aloha
    "Dr. Jack"
    Last edited by drjack; June 12, 2005, 11:57 AM.

Re: House Sit

Originally posted by drjack
    We are home owners for the past 30 years and are very well aquainted with proper home care and maintainance.

Aloha
    "Dr. Jack"
    By the utilization of quote marks, does this mean; you are just figuratively a Doctor?

We would love to care for your home,and enjoy the magic of the Islands.
    Is that a request, or simply a statement of your emotions and interests... in order to entertain us and ensure to the readers here, that you are a well balanced, openminded individual?

further, should it be that someone finds you in the position of their Temporary Domestic Caretaker, you would beforehand, more likely than not, be required to answer the following, normally found on current T.D.C. forms as required by the T.D.C. union, (and many S.A.T. tests, as well) :

Are you familiar with care and maintenance of tropical foliage interior and exterior here in Hawaii?

If our dog gets that dreaded itch caused by our humidity, what is the common quick remedy employed here, that would help prevent the scratching off of 3 epidermal layers, and the beige rug now resembling a dead yak?

When our occasional tropical hurricane sweeps through our little village, on what part of the house WILL you sit?
    Cuz the roof is what is recommended. (prevents our lil hut from being blown away...)

When we run out of hauula special poi, that our cat can't get along without, where can more be procured, to prevent the feline from going balistic and shredding our new Ralph Lauren slipcovers, (which she does anyway every three days, which is why we call them "shag sofas")

Where is the closest Ralph Lauren shop?

What is Ralph's real name?

Can you speak fluent authentic kama'aina pidgin english to fully, succinctly expeditiously, cheerfully and without malice aforethought, communicate with our pillafeeno gardeners?

Where is the most magic found on Oahu?
    Which island contains the least amount of magic?

Is this black magic you refer to?
    Can we find it in that magic kit found in the mail order section at the back of Popular Mechanics?

What is your favorite color?

The average tempurature in the middle of the sun?
    Last edited by kimo55; June 12, 2005, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Ignore him, Dr. Jack. That's our pet Kimo. He's mostly harmless, but don't get too close to his supper dish.

I'm always looking around for a good house-swap, but I'm a teacher and as you can imagine, September's just not going to work for me. Perhaps in the future (say, next summer)? Where are you going to be visiting from?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Too funny.
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
        X