Five Questions: Firsts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Questions: Firsts

Answer as vaguely or as specifically as you wish, but take a moment to share with us your responses to these questions about firsts!
    1. What was your first car?
    2. Who was the recipient (or deliverer) of your first romantic kiss?
    3. Who was your first celebrity crush?
    4. Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
    5. What was the first thing you learned to cook?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Five Questions: Firsts

Okay. I'll go FIRST.

It was a primer-grey (later bright red) 1978 Ford Courier I drove from 1987 until about 1992. Her name was Angela.

Man, I still think about the little kisses on the cheek Becky used to give me in first grade, but I guess the first real kiss was in eleventh grade. Her name was Lisa. I was not a very good kisser. Still am not, really.

I have spoken of this often, with my friends. Jan Brady.
      My second celebrity crush was Lynda Carter.

4. Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Reach for my glasses. It's second nature, after having worn them for twenty-five years.

Probably tacos. It was one of the few things my dad cooked with any frequency, so I asked him to teach me one day, and then it was no longer one of the things my dad cooked with any kind of frequency at all.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

None yet
      None (if it didn't had to be romantic, it was a playmate of mine when we were young)
      Alizee, a french singer.
      Put on my glasses
      Fried rice for a boy scout badge
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

A 1977 Chevy Nova Concours. To this date, of all the cars I've owned, it's the one my wife liked the most.

Her name was Erin O., and we were in both preschool and kindergarten together. We were going to be mawwied when we gwew up!

I have no idea. Someone on You Can't Do That on Television? (And no, not Alanis.) Oh, er, how about Michelle Meyrink? You know, the girl from Real Genius?

Get up off the floor, which is where I end up when the kids end up in our bed overnight.

Besides ramen? Corned beef and cabbage, maybe.

Fun, Scrivener. Great prompts. You should be a school teacher or something!
        Last edited by pzarquon; June 12, 2005, 06:03 PM.

Comment

first car? white '66 mustang
          first kiss? lori. also my first heartbreak.
          celebrity crush? either tatum o'neill or the girl from "escape from witch mountain"
          first thing in the morning? coffee (1/4 caffeine) and a smoke
          first thing i learned to cook? sauteed mushrooms
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

1973 Mercury Comet.

n/c

Babara Eden on "I Dream of Jeannie"

Turn on my radio to listen to the Rick Hamada show.

Scrambled eggs.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

--first one I drove: a 1984 Lincoln Town Car belonging to my parents
              --first one I owned: my current car, a used 1997 Acura Integra, green

Who was the recipient (or deliverer) of your first romantic kiss?
              --first ROMANTIC kiss: my first boyfriend in college

Who was your first celebrity crush?
              --some Indian actor in an Indian movie I used to watch all the time (the dance/song sequences were FULL of cheesey 80s dance moves!) when I was in middle school

Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
              --scramble blindly for my glasses so I can actually see the alarm clock

What was the first thing you learned to cook?
              --Nothing; I haven't learned how to cook, unless making cold sandwiches counts!

Comment

1966, 4-door Chevelle Malibu, column shift... the dollar dollar beach mobile.
                  Kathy in sixth grade... well she kissed me and I freaked lol.
                  Probably Vanna White
                  Go wee wee then turn on Mr. Coffee.
                  I guess Jello haha

Comment

What was your first car?
                  1972 MGB. I loved that little car. Ran like crap.

Michael DeLuca. Summer of 67. I was 9.

Jack Wild, in his role as the Artful Dodger in "Oliver!"

Besides hitting the alarm clock, what's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
                  Take a roll count around the house: 1 husband, 2 kids, three cats.

chocolate pudding
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

1st car: A 1962 Ford Falcon (preceded by a 50cc Italian-made motorbike with a Harley-Davidson nameplate)

Romantic kiss: Jan H. somewhere around 1967

Celebrity crush: Hayley Mills, maybe?

Post-alarm clock: glasses

1st item I learned to cook: man, I dunno. Burgers? Scrambled eggs?
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

1st Car, 1976 green Monte Carlo Affectionatly known as the Super Pickle

1st Kiss, Carolyn Peters.. You can't get those summers back no matter how hard you try.

1st Celebrity Crush, Haven't Been terribly obsessed with Celebrities, Now the first Car I lusted after was a 55 Chevy Stepside Pickup that was chopped, Dropped and Just cherry.

1st thing in the AM. Glasses on, Coffee, smoke,,

1st thing learned to Cook, Oddly enough, a dish that involved Spam, honey and cloves. I don't remember the name, Just he forced smiles of the parents as they ate.
                      May God bless those who love us. And those who do not love us, may He turn their hearts. And if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping.

Comment

Originally posted by hitech redneck
                        1st Kiss, Carolyn Peters.. You can't get those summers back no matter how hard you try.
                        This is the saddest thing I've ever read here. I'm with you, brother.

1st Celebrity Crush, Haven't Been terribly obsessed with Celebrities, Now the first Car I lusted after was a 55 Chevy Stepside Pickup that was chopped, Dropped and Just cherry.
                        No, this is the saddest thing I've ever read here!
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

1. '74 AMC Hornet Sportabout Station Wagon. Had over 175,000 on it when I bought her..strong 258 slant 6 engine wouldn't die. Was originally a Mau'i car; bought it Ke'eau on the Big Island.

2. Vicki H..the kiss from which all others, from that point forward were, (and still are), to be judged. Like jdub, Vicki was my first heartbreak as well.

3. Debbie Gibson

4. Use 'da lua and then say aloha kakahiaka to my popoki.

5. Applesauce.
                          Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; June 13, 2005, 03:14 AM. Reason: Left 'okina out of Mau'i.

Comment

What was your first car?
                            '66 Chevy II no post coupe, bought with every last red cent in my teenage bank account ($550)

6th grade, Dori D., deliverer. she was a foot taller than me and told me to stand on the stairs after graduation and laid it on me.

Farrah Fawcett

go wee (sometimes wheee!)

rice, LOL
                            this space for rent

Comment

My 1st car?

1967 Chevy Nova

My first romantic Kiss?

From my childhood best friend Robbie, forced by 4 older sisters, sure we would get married one day, Not he is and was Gay. Best friend ever!

Celebrity Crush?

Leif Garret

First thing I do in the morning?

Drink Coffee

1st thing I learned to Cook?

Breaded and Fried Pork chops
                              Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X