X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got A Bus Story To Tell?!

Send your wildest, craziest, funniest, most outrageous bus tales to:

crazybusstories@yahoo.com

Any out-of-the-ordinary people sightings, events, or experiences are welcome! Please share your stories!

note: all submissions may be used for publication and your cooperation is strictly voluntary and greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by fubloninc; June 13, 2005, 04:43 PM.

Re: Got A Bus Story To Tell?!

Da BUs was full. I needed to sit in the handicapped seat. I did. The driver tells me to give my seat up for someone else who is handicapped. He asks to see my card. He gets cocky and tell me what kind of disability I got, I told him none of his business....he still insists. I yell at the top of my lungs, "I f**king NUTS! Badda you? Everybody in the bus goes quiet and I get to keep my seat.

One doesn't haven't to look "Handicapped". There are many diseases that the public wouldn't guess if a person is handicapped. Maybe they should have a color code system, red being extreme, blue being medium and yellow for fakers!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Last edited by 1stwahine; June 13, 2005, 06:50 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      I yell at the top of my lungs, "I f**king NUTS! Badda you? Everybody in the bus goes quiet and I get to keep my seat.
      Ho aunty I dunno if I shouldn't be laughing or what but that's some funny chit. I hope you got the number of the bus and/or the name of the busdriver and reported the incident.

dam...DrPepper coming out of my nose is not fun.

Comment

that's hilarious!! keep'em coming!!

remember to send stories, along with your first name, city to crazybusstories@yahoo.com

thanks for any contributions!

note: crazybusstories@yahoo.com is not affiliated with TheBus or Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
        Last edited by fubloninc; June 13, 2005, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fubloninc
          all submissions may be used for publication and your cooperation is strictly voluntary and greatly appreciated!
          Wait, what? Publication where? By whom? For what? Art? Commerce? Yuks? By your phrasing, your "disclaimer" also seems to apply specifically to what's e-mailed directly to you. Are you planning on republishing stuff also posted to this site? Are you verifying ownership? Getting releases?

What, basically, is the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            Wait, what? Publication where? By whom? For what? Art? Commerce? Yuks? By your phrasing, your "disclaimer" also seems to apply specifically to what's e-mailed directly to you. Are you planning on republishing stuff also posted to this site? Are you verifying ownership? Getting releases?

What, basically, is the deal?
            The basic idea of this project is to collect and publish a compilation of random bus stories from random bus passengers including myself. Credit for selected stories will be given on a first name, city basis (i.e. contributed by Dan, pearl city) and the project's success is directly based on your willingness to want to share your stories with others. My hopes are that with the number of bus riders we have on Oahu, also being America's #1 transit system, there will be an infinite amount of tales to be heard and people willing to share them. It will be a fun and enjoyable read for all. So please continue to share your aloha and your stories!

crazybusstories@yahoo.com is not affiliated with TheBus or Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
            Last edited by fubloninc; June 13, 2005, 11:01 PM.

Comment

The basic idea of this project is to collect and publish a compilation of random bus stories from random bus passengers including myself. Credit for selected stories will be given on a first name, city basis (i.e. contributed by Dan, pearl city) and the project's success is directly based on your willingness to want to share your stories with others. My hopes are that with the number of bus riders we have on Oahu, also being America's #1 transit system, there will be an infinite amount of tales to be heard and people willing to share them. It will be a fun and enjoyable read for all. So please continue to share your aloha and your stories!
              So, is this supposed to be good stories, or bad stories about OTS/TheBus?
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

In 1992, May 15th I was scheduled to get married. My family was flying in and staying at a condo in Waikiki. Now mind you, I was pregnant and had a three year old with me in Ewa Beach staying at my inlaws house when my mom was do to fly in.

Of course all of the family was there and I wanted to go with them to pick up my mom at the airport. My husband wouldn't let me go to the airport to pick up my mom so we got in a fight, ya pregnant and all.

Well I got mad and dragged my pregnant self and my three year old son down the street to the bus stop (when now one was looking). I had just made it to the bus and was stepping in when I looked behind me and there was my whole family chasing the bus to get me off.

I started yelling at the bus driver, drive, drive, and yelling I am not marrying him, i am not marrying him. The poor bus driver says okay and takes off.

Now by this time everyone on the bus wanted to know the story and they were trying to convince me to go back, and off course I was mad so I said no. Take me to Waikiki I said. Where in Waikiki the bus driver replyed, I didn't know anything about the condo my family was staying in except it had full kitchens and it was in town. Well thank God for that bus driver, he dropped me at the right Hotel, my mom was there and I felt better.

During the whole bus ride that poor bus driver kept telling me to get married to the guy and everything will be alright.

The aunties on the bus made me feel better, the bus driver was oh so patient, and I ended up marrying the guy at Yolani Palace, the next morning!

Still married to him with 4 monsters all because a bus driver helped to calm me down!

Funny now that I look back, I guess I needed my mom.
                Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

crazybusstories@yahoo.com is not affiliated with TheBus or Oahu Transit Services, Inc.

Will this be a money making for profit publication? Perhaps the people sending you stories may need to be compensated. Royalties? You need to be totally up front with this.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                    Will this be a money making for profit publication? Perhaps the people sending you stories may need to be compensated. Royalties? You need to be totally up front with this.
                    That is the reason for the disclaimer. I wanted to inform people that their stories may or may not be published and give them the option to voluntarily submit their story or not, regardless of compensation. These stories would then be edited and rewritten (corrected spelling, grammar, etc.) into separate chapters and interpreted by an illustrator with a caricature to accompany each entry. At first I didn't even want names sent, keeping the stories completely anonymous; however I felt that some form of credit had to be included with each tale, letting readers look to see if their story had been chosen for the book.

Comment

As this is clearly for a commercial venture, I'm moving this thread to Hale Ku`ai. I would advise all potential contributors to think very carefully about the value and ownership of their words prior to submitting a story.

Further, be aware that responses posted here on HawaiiThreads.com should not be considered fair game to republish. Cnecki and Lynn, please e-mail your stories directly to the solicitor if you still wish to participate.

Comment

Thank you. And yes, no stories posted publicly on any forum will be published. Only stories emailed directly to crazybusstories@yahoo.com will be considered.

Comment

I am only posting on Hawaiithreads for fun, not interested in anything for profit. I did not send to Thread starter and I do not plan too. Thank you for your support and concern, i feel cared for Thanks!
                          Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Shuks, I guess that leaves me out of the whole shabnang! I no write foa pay, I write for the love of it.

Next time, explain yourself betta bruddah...take me long time to type and explain with the gramma, punctuations, and whateva's.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

That is the reason for the disclaimer. I wanted to inform people that their stories may or may not be published and give them the option to voluntarily submit their story or not, regardless of compensation. .... I felt that some form of credit had to be included with each tale, letting readers look to see if their story had been chosen for the book.
                              So this will be a book that will be published and put on sale.

___ Yes

___ No

Having the thread already moved here indicates it is a commercial project.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X