To Auntie Lynn (Auntie Pupule)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Auntie Lynn (Auntie Pupule)

From the descriptions in your blog of your recent medical troubles, I hope you saw this article in today's Star-Bulletin: http://starbulletin.com/2005/06/15/news/index5.html
    I won't violate copyright rules and post the whole thing, but in part it says:
    "Two cases of cholera believed related to eating seafood were reported to the state Health Department in April and May."
    "Cholera is a kind of food poisoning, Park said, an acute diarrheal illness caused by an infection of the intestine with the Vibrio cholerae bacterium.
    It isn't contagious, but contracted through contaminated water or food, particularly shellfish. Oysters, scallops and shrimp are good breeders for the bacterium, Park said.
    Characteristic symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting and leg cramps. Complications arise from dehydration, but most people in the industrialized world do not have severe symptoms, Park said."
    Auntie Lynn, you were diagnosed with food poisoning, but see the parts I underlined above that exactly match your own symptoms, and perhaps check back with your physician.
    I hope you're feeling better now...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: To Auntie Lynn (Auntie Pupule)

Aloha and Mahalo Likanui! Yes, Tita Miulang and even Braddah ZZ left comments on my blog early this morning about the article. At first I was mad cause the report said "old lady"...then I re-read it and the reports to the health dept. was for April and May. Shhhhh...I was ready foa go down there and show dem who old lil' dat. hehehe

Anyways, Likanui, it is so heartwarming to know that we do have an Ohana here at hawaiithreads that no other forum can claim to have. I thank you very much for taking time out and caring...and to all the others who was asking, who sent me emails or comments (165 total). I couldn't answer all of them but hope leaving this message here and two on the blog will be sufficient enough.

I am feeling much better but no more raw crabs for me, nothing raw for that matter.

I love you all.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

A day after the Star-Bulletin, the Advertiser now has the story:
      http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln11p.html

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Thanks LikaNui. I guess I'll be in the June report, they had better not say "elderly or old !" It was also on the news last night, my son was over with his family, gave me a look...I told him don't even dare to ask!heheheh

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Note: the antibiotic, "cipro" is working well. no more cramps in the legs. i ate my first full meal today but kept it small. i really appreciate life more than ever now. i dread going to the mailbox to see how huge the bill is for services recieved at emergency.
        Last edited by 1stwahine; June 16, 2005, 12:45 PM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
        X