Has anyone tried any of their soda?
    www.waialuasodaworks.com
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Waialua Soda

Originally posted by jkpescador
    Has anyone tried any of their soda?
    www.waialuasodaworks.com

yep. sure did. at da bottle show, my alma mater, McKinley HS

Their product fit right in there, in that it looks like an old 40's soda bottle of course.

Nice young couple owns and runs it. Tastee soda.
    Support local business and buy a case.

Comment

Hey those look pretty cool. Although I don't think I've seen them before, and they do look like old soda bottles. Do they come in flavors? Do they sell them at the stores? If they do I want to know.
      A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
        Hey those look pretty cool. Although I don't think I've seen them before, and they do look like old soda bottles. Do they come in flavors? Do they sell them at the stores? If they do I want to know.

if you phone or email karen or jason, you will probably get a reply, and you will be talking to the right people.
        IF you are really interested.

Comment

I am interested.
          A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            yep. sure did. at da bottle show, my alma mater, McKinley HS

Their product fit right in there, in that it looks like an old 40's soda bottle of course.

Nice young couple owns and runs it. Tastee soda.
            Support local business and buy a case.
            I actually am going to pick up a case this Saturday although I have never tasted the stuff. They said they have root beer, pineapple and mango. What flavors did you try?

They were quite responsive via e-mail.

The soda will be for summer party. You know one of those lazy afternoons when the grill is going.
            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

What flavors did you try?

pine is all they had at the time.
              they were just starting out. this was the bottle show about 2 years ago or so.

Comment

The soda will be for summer party. You know one of those lazy afternoons when the grill is going.

for dat kine stuffs, I usually have tons of beer, keg and bottle, lotta tequila and bottles of rum and soda. This wasy, teetotalers can drink da soda, and non beer drinkers can make wikiwiki maitais or tequila sunrise kine drinks with rum and pineapple soda, rum and mango/pine soda or with tequila.

Comment

I hope they use cane sugar and not high fructose corn syrup for sweetner...

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    I hope they use cane sugar and not high fructose corn syrup for sweetner...

Miulang

well, being a made in Hawaii product, and located near da ol Waialua sugar mill, it behooves them to use local kine stuffs.
                    So, herewith, the basics:

The modern Waialua Soda Works pineapple formula is a mixture of Maui natural cane sugar and C&H white sugar, plus pineapple concentrate.

new flavors:
                    Rootbeer, mango, lilikoi and melon or kiwi, cream soda, using Hawaiian vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      well, being a made in Hawaii product, and located near da ol Waialua sugar mill, it behooves them to use local kine stuffs.
                      So, herewith, the basics:

The modern Waialua Soda Works pineapple formula is a mixture of Maui natural cane sugar and C&H white sugar, plus pineapple concentrate.

new flavors:
                      Rootbeer, mango, lilikoi and melon or kiwi, cream soda, using Hawaiian vanilla.
                      Then I say everybody who lives in Hawai'i who comes to read HT should go out and support this company. THIS is the kind of company Hawai'i needs...located in Hawai'i, run by local people, for the Hawaiian market. If you have to drink soda, buy from Waialua Soda, not the local Pepsi or Coke bottlers. And keep buying their product until (or if) they get bought out by one of the majors. That, unfortunately, is the fate of most small successful companies.

Next time I'm on Maui, I'll ask the local supermarkets if they have started selling it, too.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        run by local people, for the Hawaiian market. If you have to drink soda, buy from Waialua Soda, not the local Pepsi or Coke bottlers.

well, transplanted mainlanders. And hopefully their reach will extend beyond the islands.

I am soured on pepsi:
                        When they had that big corporate convention, and paid the strolling bones their exhorbitant fee to perform, (when they also had their aloha stadium concert, which i was happy to attend, 5 rows from da stage, even...) on Hawaii island, pepsi painted their corporate colors and logo on lava rock that stretched along the road or path to the site.
                        Booo. auwe. and hope they are kahuna'ed.

Comment

We asked, you answered: The 15 best places to get shave ice in Hawaii (hawaiinewsnow.com)

Ice, ice, baby.

Comment

Working...
                          X