Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trivializing da Titanic? -or- Mommy, I wanna play on THAT memorial!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivializing da Titanic? -or- Mommy, I wanna play on THAT memorial!

Here's something the band of rabid "politically incorrect" correctional officers running rampant on our city streets have not taken to task yet.

Keep seeing this commercial, mostly on oc 16 and 14, (actually ch 11, when I steh watching Hawaii 5-0)
    Some upcoming christian family day thing they are advertising in 30 sec. commercials which shows a big lawn fulla those strange kid activity blow up bouncy things. Ya know, the ones shaped like slides, monster trucks, cages, castles... Well, ONE of them seen in this commercial is a huge puffy replica of the Titanic in midsink!
    Goin down at an extreme, dangerous 45 degree angle.
    So, the fun of it, is... kids somehow get up on the apex of this thing and slide down the length of the deck, which of course replicates the very last action hundreds took before thir death, on that fateful morning of April 15, 1912. To trivialize the tragedy that claimed more than 1500 lives, is, well, beyond comprehension. But, hey; MAYbe THAT is the biggest memorial to that event. Hmmmm?

ok, So does this mean, 90 years from now, at large gatherings of kids, they will feature an inflatable plane straddling two puffy buildings, and the kids bounce on the thing?!
    Last edited by kimo55; June 18, 2005, 09:14 AM.

Re: Trivializing da Titanic? -or- Mommy, I wanna play on THAT memorial!

Amusements of America has a big annual fair in my county and the Titanic inflatable ride they have is huge with people climbing up a tunnel in the middle of the ship and sliding down the decks on the sides.Guys with camcorders are at the bottom of it filming women sliding down with their skirts up above their heads.
    And there are many amusement rides called the Cyclone,Tornado,Twister,
    Quake,Tsunami,Kamikaze,etc.Guess the victims of those should sue.Like the Crazy Mouse myself but truly feel for manic depressive mice.
    Last edited by ahola; June 18, 2005, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahola
      Amusements of America has a big annual fair in my county and the one they have is huge with people climbing up a tunnel in the middle of the ship and sliding down the decks on the sides.Guys with camcorders are at the bottom of it filming women sliding down with their skirts up above their heads

ok, that does it. I am goin' on the Titanic ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ahola
        And there are many amusement rides called the Cyclone,Tornado,Twister,
        Quake,Tsunami,Kamikaze,etc.Guess the victims of those should sue.Like the Crazy Mouse myself but truly feel for manic depressive mice.
        yea, and relatives of those that lost feudal battles at all the castles thru the middle ages can sue, too. and all those killed in any house. or in a monster truck that has run over and squished co-dependent, dysfunctional three blind mice... wait. where were we?!.
        Last edited by kimo55; June 18, 2005, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X