Info Wanted: Baibala Hemolele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info Wanted: Baibala Hemolele

Anyone know where I can order a paperback copy of the Baibala Hemolele Hawaiian language Bible? Online or via phone?

Mahalo...
    ~'Ailina

Re: Info Wanted: Baibala Hemolele

Not available...yet. The only ones out there are being used by the Association of Hawaiian Evangelical Churches (UCC), which hold their services in Hawaiian.

There's a project to build a new Hawaiian Bible, but it's only halfway completed. In the meantime, there is now in print a book of the scriptures in Hawaiian, "Na Euanelio Hemolele," the "Holy Gospels" of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, which was funded by an Episcopal Church program, the Commission on Native Hawaiian Ministry.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Mahalo, Miulang. I had no idea it's not available yet. I've been using the copy at http://baibala.org/. I use it so often, it's gotten a bit inconvenient to click to the website everytime I need to refer to it. So I thought--Hey, I should buy one!

In the meantime, I'll see if I can get Na Euanelio Hemolele. Thank you so much for the suggestion.
      ~'Ailina

Comment

You can get one (though hardcover) from Native Books...expensive though...

Native Books

Comment

Working...
        X