PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Tiramisu

Mocha
May 17th, 2004, 03:32 PM
This may not be the correct "thread" to post this question but does someone know where to buy Tiramisu? Costco no longer sells it. Mahalo in advance. :rolleyes:

pzarquon
May 17th, 2004, 06:33 PM
I wish I had an answer, but if not CostCo, I can't think of anyplace else... at least in the 'put in the freezer at home' variety. You can always go to a nice Italian eatery for the real thing. Or, as real as it gets in Hawaii.

This thread (http://www.hawaiistories.com/archives/004613.shtml) at sister site HawaiiStories.com has a strong recommendation for the tiramisu at Buca di Beppo. Also, I've heard good things about the tiramisu at Palomino's and Ciao Mein.

malia
May 17th, 2004, 08:07 PM
This may not be the correct "thread" to post this question but does someone know where to buy Tiramisu? Costco no longer sells it. Mahalo in advance. :rolleyes:

Well, I don't know if it's good, as I've never tasted it, but I've seen tiramisu in the Foodland/Sack'N'Save bakery section...I've seen it on more than one occasion there...though, admittedly, I haven't been to Foodland in a while.

Mocha
May 18th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Thanks to both Pzarquon & Malia for their input on the search for tiramisu. I will go and checkout Foodland.
Mahalo. :p

kukui_nut
May 20th, 2004, 09:57 AM

Heh, topic sounds like a movie title... :)

Well, if ever on Maui and your having a Tiramisu-fetish-attack go check out MARCOS restaurant and deli. Never tried the tiramisu, but I know that they make their own stuff and the other foods are really good.

(Of course this comes from an Italian food connoisseur 'wanna-be' whose passion for spam-musubis have corrupted any taste buds that would be capable of disinguishing flavors) :rolleyes: