Restaurant Industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurant Industry

Just wondering if anyone out there is in the restaurant industry or service industry, weather your a server, bartender, cook, busser, etc. Its kind of nice to get the insiders view of different restaurants and to find out more of your favorite places to eat.

If you are in the service industry or the restaurant industry here is a place for you. www.stiffedagain.net. A place to vent and share your experiences with others in the same line of work. And if your not then you can find out what your server is thinking next time you go to a restaurant.

Re: Restaurant Industry

There's also the ever entertaining Waiter Rant blog, as well as insider gripe sites like ShamelessRestaurants.com and its predecessor, BitterWaitress.com and its infamous forums and "S.T.D." It's enough to make you want to eat at home.

Comment

I did one semester at Burger King in high school. That was plenty.

Comment

My Dad a couple of other partners used to own a Dairy Queen on the Big Island... many, many decades ago. I remember the great tasting homemade french fries and hamburgers... and the dilly bars, ice cream sandwich and dipped cone. I was too young to work there but not young enough to eat.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

early retirement due to high costs, drug and illegal activities escalating in the area. To much promises which never happened and of course anti-business from the state and city & county! das why many local mom and pops have closed too. same story, different location.

auntie lynn aka auntie pupule
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I agree about the anti-business mandates that have been continually perpetuated by the State of Hawaii and the City & County over the years.... high taxes, too much regulation, smoking bans, etc. It is no wonder restaurants and other small businesses in Hawaii are so mortal. Gotta give credit to the business owners who can stick it out in this hostile business climate of increasing taxes.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

magoo, intersting question. i'll probably be attacked for being thick skulled but my initial reaction from taking a very brief look at the stiffedagain site is that customers need to be really nice to waiters or they're gonna get screwed. i'm sorry but i may be thick skulled cuz when i go to a restaurant (rare these days with an infant in tow) and i'm not talking about an expensive place, all i wanna do is relax for a bit and have a pleasant meal. i definitely don't act like an a-hole but i don't think that i'm there to entertain the waiters and i don't expect them to entertain me. have the rules of the game changed while i became a father?
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
              X