Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babies being Kidnapped due to Car Theft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babies being Kidnapped due to Car Theft?

Today, another baby (4 months old) was put on the Maile Alert because she was in the automobile that the thief was stealing. I am overjoyed that baby is fine and back in his mother's arms. What I am angry at is the fact that why was baby left in the car/truck by herself in the first place? It takes just a second for something to go wrong!

In March of this year, another child was taken in a car theft. This time the father left the child unattended to go purchase a lunchplate. Auwe! Take your child with you idiots! Anything can happen with the drug infested society we have now.

Once again, I am happy for both babies. To their parents, heres whack whacks to your heads!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Babies being Kidnapped due to Car Theft?

It's not just that the kids could be unintentionally kidnapped. If the car is left out in the sun with the windows all closed up, the child could also be injured severely. We just had a incident like that up here where a 3-year old child got into his parents' car by himself (his dad was in the house, watching 3 other kids). The kid was in the car probably about a half hour before his dad noticed he was missing and went looking for him. By the time the dad found his son, his son was unconscious and is now in the hospital in serious condition. Anybody who leaves a child or pet unattended in a car for any length of time is an idiot.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I am happy that all ended well. But, I see it too often, children left in a running car. Or just a car that is left running. Some people are just ignorant. I hope every one learns from this situation. And on a side note, the Maile-Amber alert (first time in use here) worked pretty good.

Comment

why does my awesome god let bad things happen to stupid people? I mean really awesomely stupid people.

today's paper shows us the level too many function at, making us wonder how they actually get along through life at all!

the headlines:
        "God looked after all of us today."
        WHY is it, that god should look after us, but WE don't need to look after our own keiki?!

After they found the vehicle a few miles away with the kid inside it, someone is quoted as saying:
        "at least it was a nice thief"

whaaat!?
        someone who commits kidnapping is considered "nice"?!
        They waste thousands of dollars of taxpayer money through diverting police time and energy to this case. And they are considered "nice"?!
        They greatly destroy the comfortable sense of safety and peace we all have a right to experience in our communities.
        They destroy the inherent trust we did have and should have among ourselves.
        And someone compliments the perp!?

Have we gotten so inured to crime of any degree, that we are "at least happy, an atom bomb wasn't dropped on Honolulu"?

"Well, it's like this, officer; the rapist broke in, stabbed my dog, stepped on my cat, stole my rolex and the girls' Coach bags they bought last sunday at da swap meet, ravaged my wife and daughter and then took off.
        But, hey. he was cool. We may go out for beers if we ever meet again. Heck, at least he didn't slit their throats and torch the house, and spill our freshly ground bag of kona coffee on the floor! And... he took his shoes off before he entered!
        Hey. I call that 'nice'! "
        Last edited by kimo55; June 23, 2005, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanai
          I am happy that all ended well.

No, it can NOT be said it: "all ended well" It ended better than it could have, but it is not "well".

"OK, everybody, it's all OK! That ended in a good and proper, just and favorably advantageous manner, The outcome is considered satisfactory with respect to conduct or action, in a kindly, friendly manner, with material success. This case is completed; fittingly, rightly in a prudent manner, sensibly, in accordance with the occasion or circumstances, with propriety and good reason."
          (which is what "well" is.)
          A baby was kidnapped. returning it does not make "all well".
          No, it ends 'well' ONLY if and when the perp is caught and makes amends (whatever that may be) to family, community, taxpayers and police. And even then, all is not well. Something very valuable is irreplaceably damaged; gone forever, when something like this happens.
          Last edited by kimo55; June 23, 2005, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Man these parents should be arrested on the spot for child endangerment.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne

yea. like the foolish parents who don't watch over their kids, while the keiki pole vaults over and through lanai railings to an ugly death far below.

Makes ya sick. and just as much when ya see articles such as the one in the paper a day or two ago;
              Local government looking for ways to regulate and protect children from danger.
              And NOthing at all in the article was mentioned about any parent's responsibility toward thier own offspring.
              THESE parents who endanger helpless little lives are a very good arguement for retroactive birth control.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                THESE parents who endanger helpless little lives are a very good arguement for retroactive birth control.
                Hahaha! I like that term, "retroactive birth control". Maybe Darwinism shoulda taken them out of da gene pool before they could procreate and endanger their kids' lives.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Now everybody knows...the mother was getting something to eat at 7/11. Another parent who almost lost their baby due to hunger? Give me a break...there is no excuse to leave a baby or child unattended!

As for the Maile-Amber Alert System...applause!

To the two workers at the delivery service...you two deserve an award. Applause, applause!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                    A-freakin-men

Comment

Oooops. I made a mistake. It wasn't something to eat. The mother wanted something to drink. The mother said she knows she made a mistake...damn, right she did!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

I had a hard time where to post this comment. A follow-up for Babies being Kidnapped or Hawaii's Ice Problem.

In today's Star Bulletin http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/20/news/story08.html
                        Man who took car with baby inside by Gold Coin Resturant in Kalihi was sentenced to five years.

His story is one often times heard today. "ICE!"

Unfortunately, his story doesn't end. There will be many more.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Those parents must be fibbing if they only want food or drink. They can bring the child out while getting the food. They can go to drive-in restaurants if they want to stay in the car.

Comment

Working...
                          X