Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawai'i answers soldiers' calls for rice

From the Honolulu Advertiser's website
    Samantha Ligsay, readiness assistant at the Hawai'i National Guard Family Program Offices, got swamped yesterday by a deluge of calls from people wanting to send rice to Hawai'i's Guard troops in Baghdad.

They were responding to an Advertiser report from Iraq that more than 600 soldiers who love "sticky-kine rice" faced a morale-damping shortage, and might soon be forced to settle for Minute Rice served at base chow halls. The soldiers are with the 2nd Battalion, 299th Infantry at Iraq's Camp Victory.

The story included a Guard phone number residents could call to send rice to Baghdad.

"By the time I got to my office at 9 a.m., my boss is already fielding calls," Ligsay said. "He's like, 'You better read the paper — your husband's causing a ruckus over here!'

"And, sure enough. He's got to have his rice."
    Wat next? Dey like spam? Send dem some li hing mui also and oda kine stuff.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Hawai'i answers soldiers' calls for rice

Shoot, I sent some stuff to my cousin when he was there for the 411th, and he said everybody else was looking at him with spit coming out the sides of their mouths. He shared, but he only got one bag li hing mui. I should have sent more stuff! Anything is appreciated, he said. You try going without rice for a year!

Comment

Originally posted by molokai
      You try going without rice for a year!
      I can barely go w/out rice for 2 weeks (while I was in Texas for a school trip). All they served was bread or potatoes (baked or mashed).
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

dang jus send all da bags of rice to me!! lol nah jus j/k!
        Reggie aka pinakboy
        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
        Recipe Tube TV!
        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
        X