For Immediate Release
    June 23, 2005

Vicki Nelson, Vice President
    (808) 982-8322
    vicki@punakamaliiflowers.com
    http://www.punakamaliiflowers.com

Puna Kamali’i Flowers, Inc. to Host “Business After Hours” Mixer
    During 2005 National Disability Employment Awareness Month

KEA’AU – Puna Kamali’i Flowers, Inc., in conjunction with the Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce, will host a “Business After Hours” mixer on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Kea’au.

All local business professionals, educators, residents and visitors are welcome to attend. Attendees will enjoy an agricultural tour, have the opportunity meet developmentally disabled workers, view presentation of programs and services available for developmentally disabled individuals, as well as enjoy refreshments and door prizes. Cost is $6 for members of the Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce and $8 for non-members.

Puna Kamali'i Flowers, Inc. is a small, family-owned business that provides services for the developmentally disabled, including habilitation-supported employment, personal assistance and transportation. These opportunities are created through the production of foliage materials and packing materials for the floricultural industry, as well as a confidential document shredding service. Puna Kamali’i Flowers, Inc. also provides group island tours for disabled individuals.

Congress designated each October as National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM). The Office of Disability Employment Policy has the lead in planning NDEAM activities and materials to increase the public's awareness of the contributions and skills of American workers with disabilities. Various programs carried out throughout the month also highlight the specific employment barriers that still need to be addressed and removed.

# # #
Working...
X