• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walla walla king kong

http://www.kongisking.net/index.shtml

new movie comin out.

above link show alotta cool 'making of' stuff

one sad note; it looks to be one of those CGI dominated things wherein a large mass sweeps across the screen as if it's a lil fly. Like that hulk movie not too long ago. If they just slowed down the movements of the monster, it would have improved the "realism" of his actions 90%.

These folks who whip up these fliks don't realize; just cuz you can make the beast move fast in the computer, doesn't mean ya should. cuz the subject should appear as if it is affected by wind and air resistance centrifugal force.. etc.. large things lumber slowly. Even the spiderman movies look fake; our halloween costumed hero pronounced (heee-row) flits and zooms miles in seconds, totally unmindful of any laws of gravity and physics.

one good thing about it;
    It was produced apparently in New Zealand.
    Last edited by kimo55; June 27, 2005, 10:16 AM.

Re: walla walla king kong

This is Peter Jackson's new project (following his LOTR trilogy).
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
      This is Peter Jackson's new project (following his LOTR trilogy).

this guy is great. high standards.
      hope da flik does well.
      good to see jack black in a high profile vehicle.

check all the hoopla with all the simulcast trailer showings today in the eve. and on the VW site.

Comment

ok, kids, for the next 48 hours, THIS is available, HERE.

http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef23952.../en_large.html

Comment

I dunno about this;
          The scene where Kong hurls the old 30's auto a few dozen yards, the people seem to be completely unaware of the giant ape AND the car apparently being tossed right through them! as if in two alternate realities.
          Try if frame by frame or slomo via your arrow keys.

Ok a few seconds later, we see a sailor jump over a young but huge T rex and with his relatively skinny litghweight legs, kicks the jaw of the dino, which is of course a thousand times stronger and weighs a thousand times more.
          then when Kong snatches the damsel in distress away from impending doom and danger when the big t rex comes near her, Kong has her in his right hand he whips her in a back hand move, which would surely result in whiplash at least.

http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef23952.../en_large.html
          Last edited by kimo55; June 29, 2005, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Groovy another blockbuster movie from Jackson. I loved what he did with the Lord Of The Rings. I hope that this movie is another plus to add to his addition of great movies. I usually go to www.cinescape.com to check out movies. I read in there that they were making J.I Joe the live action movie and Transfomers the live action movie, Superman, and a spin off from X Men called Magneto which is basically about Magneto's Life and why he is the way he is. Theres been talk about a big Lawsuit going on, between I think it was fox and sony. Sony is coming out with a movie about a bunch of teens with super powers who go to school to learn how to use them and I think Fox got upset becuase the movie is bite off of X Men. So sony pushed the picture to come out the sametime as X Men 3. They didn't say when they were due but that they were working on it same thing with King Kong before with Peter Jackson. I do hope that Peter Jackson makes The Hobbit. From what I read two studios own the rights to that story so it will be a big humbug for Peter Jackson to get the rights to make it.
            A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
              Groovy another blockbuster movie from Jackson. I loved what he did with the Lord Of The Rings. I hope that this movie is another plus to add to his addition of great movies.

the buzz is, it's a bomb. bummer.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...acodalogin=yes

looking forward to ebert's take on it.
              Last edited by kimo55; June 30, 2005, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Kimo that was a funny article. The article mentioned about Godzilla being an all time stinker. Well he was right that movie was a complete disaster. It was funny what he said about the King Kong Trailor. He said that King kong looked like a giant cartoon a cross between the Incredible Hulk, Tasmanian Devil, and Porky Pig. Now that's funny! He mention one part where the big guy looked sad and depressed and I guess the Reporter got bored and said this "I was waiting for Bugs Bunny to tweak his nose and say "Whats up Doc." Funny... He did mention the potential disaster the movie could be facing soon, if it doesn't tweak what it already has for the movie trailor. The best big Lizard movie I think of all time was Jurassic Park one. Cool
                Last edited by Pedro; June 30, 2005, 01:28 PM.
                A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

I like Jackson, but when my wife showed me the trailer, I was, like her, quite disappointed. It was like Lord of the Rings: Return of the Giant Gorilla. Or maybe, Lord of the Rings: Jurassic Monkey. There was a lot he could have done by using a lot less digital firepower, but instead he seems intent on flooding the senses with more surreal landscapes and technologically impressive -- but charismatically sterile -- creatures and crowds.

That's not to say I'm not interested in seeing it, but I'm keeping my hopes in check. If I only see it on DVD, I'll be perfectly fine with that.

Comment

Working...
                  X