How you like your foods? (heat wise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you like your foods? (heat wise)

I'm in the middle of dinner (yes, I eat infront of the computer, what a sad life yeah?) and my Mom just brought up a plate of meat. I eat some, and my mouth is burning hot. Turns out, she put uka pile o' pepper. My lips are burning, and drinking coke doesn't help.

Anyway, how do you like your food?
    no flavor
    0.00%
    mild
    12.50%
    hot
    25.00%
    spicy
    31.25%
    firey
    31.25%
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: How you like your foods? (heat wise)

Originally posted by adri1456
    I'm in the middle of dinner (yes, I eat infront of the computer, what a sad life yeah?) and my Mom just brought up a plate of meat. I eat some, and my mouth is burning hot. Turns out, she put uka pile o' pepper. My lips are burning, and drinking coke doesn't help.

Anyway, how do you like your food?

try milk. cools you off well.
    I put far too many habanero chiles on my kaukau. ho da endoprhin rush.

Spicey erryting mo bedda lidat.

Comment

I like 'em hot.

Comment

I like it spicey!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I like hot and spicy. Chilequilas are one of my favorite things to eat.

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be titled (spicy wise) as opposed to (heat wise)? In any event in my early years I couldn't handle the spicy stuff as far as it going down my mouth, but as I got older I think I am less sensitive to the spicy stuff.

But I think I will wimp out and stick with the mild stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
              Shouldn't this thread be titled (spicy wise) as opposed to (heat wise)?
              Not at all.
              The heading is appropriate.
              Aside from temperature heat, "Heat" is also a term synonymous with pungency in spicy or chile originated foods. And this heat is measureable. Mostly by the internationally known, (since 1912) Scoville Heat Units.

Comment

So I take it that for the Scoville Heat Units, the higher the number the more spicy it is?

Comment

So I take it that for the Scoville Heat Units, the higher the number the more spicy it is?

no, the spicier it is.
                  actually,
                  spicier or "more spicy" can imply having an abundance of spices, or high qty of spice, not nesessarily hotter or fiery.
                  The greater the number of Scoville units, the hotter the (food or) pepper.

Comment

I prefer my food more often hot than not. We keep cut up larger chili peppers and whole smaller ones in two jars with cider vinegar in our 'fridge. Ono brah!
                    Not again! I'm logged in as Pedro instead of myself-Buddy2. We use the same computer at times.
                    Last edited by Pedro; June 28, 2005, 10:24 PM. Reason: Logged in as Pedro instead of Buddy2
                    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                      as Pedro instead of myself-Buddy2. We use the same computer at times.
                      da hellzat mean?!

anyway, yea. gotta have alotta chiles in da icebox.

...many of those long ones, bunch of the plump ones, cans of ortega chiles (da kine for chile relleno) and of course, everyone's fave; Habanero.

and of course, cayenne pepper in a shaker. African cayenne da besstestes kine. and fresh pepper in a grinder.

Comment

If I recall correctly, the number of Scoville Units means the number of teaspoons of sugar it takes to neutralize the spiciness of an item.

I'm trying to find a food additive called "The Source." I saw it on Food network. Unfortunately, the stuff is EXPENSIVE! If anybody knows of a site which is selling it for cheaper/on sale, let me know!

As for my personal preference on heat content in food, I often joke that if my food isn't hot enough to make me cry, it isn't worth eating. I've yet to find a cuisine that compares to the Indian food I ate growing up when it comes to heat content--and that includes Thai food.

I make my visiting Mainland guests from OH bring me some of BW3's Blazin' Hot Sauce so I have something yummy to eat with my potato wedges.

Anybody have any recommendations on a place that makes Thai food spicy on Oahu? When I order Thai food around here, I beg them to make it "Thai hot" or "as hot as possible," but this still doesn't result in spicy enough food for me or my boyfriend...

Comment

Oh, give me Indian Vindaloo Curry any time. I don't much care for these bland Japanese and Vietnamese versions.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                            As for my personal preference on heat content in food, I often joke that if my food isn't hot enough to make me cry, it isn't worth eating.

I need it to make me cry, buck back and forth, make my nose run and my ears run too.
                            Flail my head side to side. Gasp for breath. grab all cloth napkins from surrounding tables and wipe my face. Toss the napkins in the big Mexican vase middle of the room. Circle the whole room three times in four seconds.
                            (That is my usual day at Compadres after putting a few drops of "Satan's Blood Hot Sauce" on my tamale.)

...enuff of an endorphin rush to power a small city for a week.

http://www.firegirl.com/hs1155sb.html
                            Last edited by kimo55; June 29, 2005, 10:40 AM.

Comment

spicy to the point that my sinuses clear, my heart palpitates and i sweat like a pig but not fiery where i blow up and get a heartattack! lol besides too fiery cannot taste da dish good.
                              Reggie aka pinakboy
                              Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                              Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                              Recipe Tube TV!
                              Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
                              X