Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Hawaii for college

Hey guys, I'm new here.
    I am going to be moving to Honolulu this August for college at HPU. My apartment is on Ena Road. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? For example: some restaurants you like, stores, laundry, etc. I really appreciate your help!

Re: Moving to Hawaii for college

Originally posted by sabres1616
    Hey guys, I'm new here.
    I am going to be moving to Honolulu this August for college at HPU. My apartment is on Ena Road. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? For example: some restaurants you like, stores, laundry, etc. I really appreciate your help!

ena! Not a bad neigborhood. a little ruff around da edges.
    laundry is right there next to 7/11 just makai of Kalakaua.
    good cheap drinks at da bar next door.
    coffee shop around da corner wailua something.
    ala moana a few blocks away, holoholo over to the makai market/food court. good mexican food in back of international mkt place enjoy it all there before they destroy it.

Comment

I live in that area, and agree with Kimo55...

Wailana Coffee House has some good cheap eats, as does Eggs&Things. The Hideaway Bar (behind the 7-11 off Kalakaua and Ena) is the best dive bar I've been to (I try to stop in nightly). Pink Cadillac (above the laundry) has some good punk shows and good industrial/goth/80s nights (if you're into that). The Wave (down the street) is good just for the freaks it attracts (I suppose, by extention, I'm one of them).

The area is good since it's close to Waikiki, but not in the central, seething loins. And it's close to the rest of Honolulu, too.

Comment

Pink cad usta be Mama's Mexican Kitchen . Worked there in mid seventies as well as the school st one.
        Hideaway has been featured in that shortlived "Hawaii" cop show as well and a few Dog bounty shows... they stopped in to pop a perp.
        Hideaway has dolla beers, but go early.

Comment

>>>Hideaway has been featured in that shortlived "Hawaii" cop show as well and a few Dog bounty shows... they stopped in to pop a perp.
          Hideaway has dolla beers, but go early.<<<

I saw that Dog where they busted the dude shakin' the dew behind the dumpster. Pretty hilarious.

Ahhh.... dollar beers. Power Hour. From 6-7 nightly (actually 5:45 to 6:45 due to 'bar time'). Domestics, and cheap wells for a buck. Good way to start the evening.

Comment

Working...
          X