PDA

View Full Version : What's for lunch - Chapter 5

helen
July 1st, 2005, 07:22 AM
It's a brand new quarter of the year and it's good enough time to start a new thread on an old but popular topic here.

What's for lunch?

Pedro
July 1st, 2005, 11:31 AM
I sure don't know, I didn't bring anything to eat and that's a good question. I don't know what to eat. Any Ideas anyone? Quick it's lunchtime. Mc Donalds sounds good but I ate their yesterday had thier salad not bad, I want go somewhere else today........ :confused: And I am tired of eating at Zippy's and Jack N The Box.

helen
July 1st, 2005, 07:13 PM
Turkey sandwich and a bottle of Pepsi Edge from the Honolulu Community College Bookstore which for some reason was selling the 20 ounce bottle of soda for 50 cents.

pinakboy
July 5th, 2005, 10:26 AM
lemme see...

i get egg salad sandwich on whole wheat with a sunkist orange and bottle water. made with best foods mayo of course and sorry no moa Ka'u orange eh! hehehe :D

1stwahine
July 5th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Fried Ahi belly and Aku bones, poi and chili pepper water, shoyu and vinegar. Onolicious, masarap, delicious! Guava juice.

Auntie Lynn aka Auintie Pupule

pinakboy
July 5th, 2005, 11:10 AM
wow aunty!! u get good kine grindz everyday eh!! hehehe

:D

1stwahine
July 5th, 2005, 11:57 AM
wow aunty!! u get good kine grindz everyday eh!! hehehe

:D

wat can I say except I am a cook by trade. Now retired. Das why I no can lose weight. I know how to grind and can't stop grinding sometime...cause I'm like coffee, bitter and cold! hahahahahahahah :D

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule :confused:

pinakboy
July 7th, 2005, 10:46 AM
wat can I say except I am a cook by trade. Now retired. Das why I no can lose weight. I know how to grind and can't stop grinding sometime...cause I'm like coffee, bitter and cold! hahahahahahahah :D

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule :confused:

i kno u and me both!! lol :D hard fo lose weight when u love to cook! :rolleyes:

so today fo lunch..

its a tuna salad on wheat bread sandwich with raw round onion slices and a slice of kraft cheese!

hehehe da breath goin be haunas for my coworkers!! hehehe

1stwahine
July 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM
TV Dinner (had it for lunch) Salsbury Steak, mashed potato and kernal corn. I had to add salt and pepper, was good!

was on sale at Times Liliha....Bouquet T.V. Dinners $.99 each.

Eh, I don't buy these but I getting old and just can whip um in the micro and wala...complete dinner. I'm going buy some more. LOL

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

helen
July 23rd, 2005, 03:51 PM
BBQ chicken and hamburger steak plate lunch, with a couple of large cups of Mountain Dew.

1stwahine
July 23rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
My first time in ordering Hamburger steak from Zippy's Vineyard...mmmmm ono!

Auntie Lynn

pinakboy
July 25th, 2005, 08:12 AM
My first time in ordering Hamburger steak from Zippy's Vineyard...mmmmm ono!

Auntie Lynn

bugga ono but auntie u wen look behind ur shoulder fo da ghosts?? dey sed get choke weird stuff dea since Zippy's wen build em on a former mortuary property... :eek:

i like my hamburger steak with tabasco and shoyu!! :rolleyes:

ok back to da post....

we had pork denengdeng with saluyot fo lunch yesterday. my wife neva had it b4 and she one filipina!! lol :p she not ilocana das why. she da kine picky kapampangan no eat veggies only like meat girl! but i changin dat. :)

Miulang
July 25th, 2005, 08:21 AM
bugga ono but auntie u wen look behind ur shoulder fo da ghosts?? dey sed get choke weird stuff dea since Zippy's wen build em on a former mortuary property... :eek:
I no tink one ghost going stop Auntie Lynn from grinding da kaukau if stay ono. In fact, if she wen see one ghost, she would give him one of her famous "whack whack" to da head...da buggah would run away and neva come back! :)

Miulang

lurkah
July 25th, 2005, 08:28 AM
I no tink one ghost going stop Auntie Lynn from grinding da kaukau if stay ono. In fact, if she wen see one ghost, she would give him one of her famous "whack whack" to da head...da buggah would run away and neva come back! :)

From what a "litto birdie" told me, her "whack whack to da head" sound is very similar to da sound your rolling pin to da head makes. :o

Miulang
July 25th, 2005, 03:34 PM
From what a "litto birdie" told me, her "whack whack to da head" sound is very similar to da sound your rolling pin to da head makes. :o
And one slippah to da okole make one sound lidat, too, you know. And one certain somebody get soooo many cockaroached slippahs to choose from, yeah? :)

Today foa lunch I had one of those "Fruit and Nut" Salads from McD's. The thing was pretty tasty...don't know if the Hawai'i outlets have those yet.

Miulang

1stwahine
July 25th, 2005, 03:52 PM

i like my hamburger steak with tabasco and shoyu!! :rolleyes:

ok back to da post....

we had pork denengdeng with saluyot fo lunch yesterday. my wife neva had it b4 and she one filipina!! lol :p she not ilocana das why. she da kine picky kapampangan no eat veggies only like meat girl! but i changin dat. :)

Pinakboy, The Mortuary was located across Zippy's Vineyard. Hosoi is next to it while Borthwick is across. I not scared of the dead...it's the live ones I'm afraid of! As far as choke weird stuff dea and around the place, nothing new. You can get Sally on Kukui, Rachel on Aala, Marvalous on Nuuanu, etc. Mmmmmm the pork dienengdeng with saluyot sounds good to go. I usually put shrimps too. Me Ilosayan (Ilocano-Visayan), Potorican, Cherokee Indian. Hot blooded!

Silly me, forgot what I had for lunch! Oxtail soup and coke.

Auntie Lynn

kimo55
July 25th, 2005, 08:58 PM
tamale beans and rice plate at da restaurant row mexican restaurant.

ok. I may be missing something here; at lunch ya otta have a lil quicker service as usually ya gotta get back to work.

lunch service was slow, tho the place was sparsly populated for the 2 oclock hour.
hadda wait for the two beers, then after the decent lunch... the check was delivered before we were pau. but i still steh t'irsty! Hot day, hot food, only two beers.. wot kine dat!?

So, as he handed me the check, I ask if i may have another beer. As if i were Oliver asking for permission to have a wee bit more ration...

and I swear; he stood there and actually thot about it! Hmmm... well ok.
and a little after that, got my beer.

wow.

food was good, but it really would taste better had i not remained high and dry so long..
2 stars.

kimo55
July 25th, 2005, 09:26 PM
sorry gang, yesterday's;
and I goin bitch a lil more;

ok so we hele on ovah to brew Moon cuz da owner cool dude. and da brew is no ka oi.
ordered
nachos = a not so hefty serving of red corn tortilla chips balancing precariously along the ouside rim of this wavy ridged brushed metal sculpture thing that looked too impracticle for food but did serve to remind me well of metalshop days central intermediate school... cuz it looked like someone's unfinished metallic potential piece of modern art. That ya don't wanna touch cuz o the unground sharp edges and the metal shrapnel and dust... whuhooo!

chips were cold.
thankfully so was the beer.
again:
bar owners: atENshun!
have yer servers be johnny on the spot and keep the customer's glasses full! don't make them wait. you WILL miss out on bar profits!

nachos came with a bowl in the middle of chile beans and beef... with a lil cheese. and I mean a little. as if they passed a block of cheese quickly over the arrangement.
Well, in my world nachos has cheese. alot of it.
also included was a small thin cheap plastic cup, about a two oz size with sour cream and anodda one with guacamole.
I'm sorry but if yer gonna pass yerself off as a slightly upscale bar, purveying quality beeers at 4 bux + a pop, puLEEZ do away with the platelunch food holders. get and use real ceramic ramekins.
Look; I am paying ten bux for 35 cents of corn tortillas, 45 cents of chile, 10 cents of sour cream and 12 cents of guac. Don't insult us by serving it to us in junk that looks as if the F&B manager tried to save every last quarter cent on the expenses by sourcing elementary school cafeteria disposable tartar sauce cups.
(some prefer decorative ceramic or even fosted glassware. THIS may decide whether people return or not. It IS the little touches that do it. Stop thinking it's these little touches that save ya money. cuz ya look cheap.)
Ya wanna grab hold of the

wheww. Ok, feel bettah.
hey. it wasn't all bad. coulda been a bad day for them
And my dining partner couldn'ta been more chah-ming. so it all evens out.

Albert
July 26th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Half-pound shoyu ahi from Safeway at Manoa Marketplace. Costs almost twice as much there than at Foodland, but is much better.

pinakboy
July 26th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Pinakboy, The Mortuary was located across Zippy's Vineyard. Hosoi is next to it while Borthwick is across. I not scared of the dead...it's the live ones I'm afraid of! As far as choke weird stuff dea and around the place, nothing new. You can get Sally on Kukui, Rachel on Aala, Marvalous on Nuuanu, etc. Mmmmmm the pork dienengdeng with saluyot sounds good to go. I usually put shrimps too. Me Ilosayan (Ilocano-Visayan), Potorican, Cherokee Indian. Hot blooded!

Silly me, forgot what I had for lunch! Oxtail soup and coke.

Auntie Lynn

oh yah auntie da burger king on beretania was da one on da mortuary eh?!
i wudve put da shrimps but i wen usem all for da sinigang. lol :p

me ilocano visayan too. my fada ilocano and my mada visayan. :D
now my wife is kapampangan and i tryin fo make her eat moa veggies ilocano style coz she only like meat meat meat like nilagang baboy, kalderata, adobo etc. :D

today i get same kine lunch but i cut down on da net carbs to jus one slice whole wheat bread with egg salad and chicharon. befo i was eating 4 slices=2 sandwiches and i was wondering why no can lose weight! lol :D

1stwahine
July 26th, 2005, 12:58 PM
There was a Mourtuary located on the property that is now Burgerking on Beretania. I forgot it's name. Anyway's back to the topic. I had Lunch Plate w/ fried rice from New Mui on Liliha Street. Delicious.

I also enjoy eating Calding Kalderata. Theres this place in Waipahu that has a buffet lunch and dinner at the Waipahu Shopping Plaza. Masarap! They have pinapaatan, lauya baka, and other choices to choose from.

Auntie Lynn

pinakboy
July 26th, 2005, 01:16 PM
There was a Mourtuary located on the property that is now Burgerking on Beretania. I forgot it's name. Anyway's back to the topic. I had Lunch Plate w/ fried rice from New Mui on Liliha Street. Delicious.

I also enjoy eating Calding Kalderata. Theres this place in Waipahu that has a buffet lunch and dinner at the Waipahu Shopping Plaza. Masarap! They have pinapaatan, lauya baka, and other choices to choose from.

Auntie Lynn

ooooo auntie now i like eat pinapaitan!!! my wife no like da papait strong. i likem strong with da black bindongo tripe!! buggah can grow hair on da chest! LOL :D

whea in waipahu?? Elena's kalihi restaurant no moa already. dey had good buffet. get funny kine owners now at da same location. dey call deir restaurant "sari-sari" and get local japanese owner and had one popolo cook come out from da kitchen fo smoke break! ROFL!! :D
da food not fresh and look like they jus reheatem. my wife didn't like it at all and i've tasted junk filpino food but dis place wen take da cake! :mad:

1stwahine
July 26th, 2005, 02:22 PM
ooooo auntie now i like eat pinapaitan!!! my wife no like da papait strong. i likem strong with da black bindongo tripe!! buggah can grow hair on da chest! LOL :D

whea in waipahu?? Elena's kalihi restaurant no moa already. dey had good buffet. get funny kine owners now at da same location. dey call deir restaurant "sari-sari" and get local japanese owner and had one popolo cook come out from da kitchen fo smoke break! ROFL!! :D
da food not fresh and look like they jus reheatem. my wife didn't like it at all and i've tasted junk filpino food but dis place wen take da cake! :mad:

pinackboy, the papait is the best! the more bitter the better as the saying goes. i never did go to elena's or sarisari. "mabuhay" on river street makes the best karikari (ox-tail w/ peanut butter sauce), "cafe dalisay" on maunakea street makes pork/shrimp balatong w/paria leaves and an upfront seat to drug deals. the one i'm referring to in waipahu is "kaimbigan"!

when we get our next pot lock picnic, i hope you and your wife come. dat way get plenty filipino fine foods and desserts. maraming marasap (very ono)!

Auntie Lynn

pinakboy
July 27th, 2005, 07:18 AM
pinackboy, the papait is the best! the more bitter the better as the saying goes. i never did go to elena's or sarisari. "mabuhay" on river street makes the best karikari (ox-tail w/ peanut butter sauce), "cafe dalisay" on maunakea street makes pork/shrimp balatong w/paria leaves and an upfront seat to drug deals. the one i'm referring to in waipahu is "kaimbigan"!

when we get our next pot lock picnic, i hope you and your wife come. dat way get plenty filipino fine foods and desserts. maraming marasap (very ono)!

Auntie Lynn

yah auntie da stronger da papait da betta!! :D buggah make da house stink tho and my mom would run away and go out shopping at ala moana wen my dad wud start cooking... hehehe i rememba dalisay and mabuhay. we used to go dea back in da 70's wen i was smallboy.

i tink da criminal element in chinatown actually gives it flavor. :rolleyes: lol not!
yah i love pot lucks! i grind everybody's food! woo hoo!! hahaha :D

:)

pinakboy
July 27th, 2005, 07:31 AM
On today's lunch lo carb menu fo me get:

brown rice and char siu... dang my mouth watering now. da laway(drool) stay coming out! :D

i made a batch last night fo our month supply. my wife wen trip me out wen she atem with tabasco and shoyu. not wit char siu i told her! :eek: she jus lol and grindem. :o

http://photos22.flickr.com/28955099_c5e8ac2f77_m.jpg

lurkah
July 27th, 2005, 07:50 AM
i made a batch last night fo our month supply. my wife wen trip me out wen she atem with tabasco and shoyu. not wit char siu i told her! :eek: she jus lol and grindem. :o

I woulda grind um wit chinese mustard and shoyu. Carnivorous buggah yeah your wife? :D

pinakboy
July 27th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Carnivorous buggah yeah your wife? :D

i no sh*t u!! :D LOL freakin kapampangan no eat veggies!! dang only meat meat!! :D

pzarquon
July 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM
A large combo bowl of pho and some summer rolls at the other Vietnamese place on River Street (you know, the one that doesn't have the line streaming out the door).

scrivener
July 27th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Home-made black-bean chili and brown rice. I love my slow-cooker.

pinakboy
July 28th, 2005, 09:36 AM
today i get laos style green papaya salad for lunch that i made last night for dinner. i goin eatem with chicharon (pork rinds) dang good lo-carb lunch! :D

http://photos22.flickr.com/29280793_9f52fe0627.jpg

http://photos21.flickr.com/29297635_5df0bc931b.jpg

nice hot sour sweet and spicy!! :rolleyes:

ONO!!!

my recipe on my blog checkem out!

Albert
July 28th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Whopper, without onion, and medium fries (since they don't have anything called small fries).

My first Burger King test this year, so I'm not exactly a faithful customer.

pinakboy
July 28th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Whopper, without onion, and medium fries (since they don't have anything called small fries).

My first Burger King test this year, so I'm not exactly a faithful customer.

i used to love whoppers until i had the ultimate cheeseburger from Jack's... :rolleyes:

there is a definite difference in flame broiled vs flat metal grilled burgers...

must be da burger GREASE!! hehehe :eek:

my wife is a ultimate cheeseburger junkie now. i converted her!! LOL :D

http://photos23.flickr.com/29304969_676c67db23_o.jpg

pzarquon
July 28th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Lunch buffet from Zaffron on N. King with nan bread extra. As Indian food goes, they're not my favorite, but sometimes you're just in the mood for that curry taste (even if it isn't half as spicy as it should be).

MadAzza
July 28th, 2005, 10:45 PM
today i get laos style green papaya salad for lunch that i made last night for dinner. i goin eatem with chicharon (pork rinds) dang good lo-carb lunch! :D

What part of the pig is the rind? I'm serious. I have no idea what pork rinds are. They look like deep-fried deep-fry. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

1stwahine
July 28th, 2005, 10:54 PM
What part of the pig is the rind? I'm serious. I have no idea what pork rinds are. They look like deep-fried deep-fry. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Hi MadAzza! the pork rinds are made from the skins of pigs. deep fried and usually sprinkled with water to cause the effect when it is finished. it is used to eat by itself, added to vegetable dishes, and used insead of pork. there are two virieties the meatless skin or the one that is used in dishes with meat & fat. It's commonly called "chicharon."

Auntie Lynn

MadAzza
July 28th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Hi MadAzza! the pork rinds are made from the skins of pigs.

Oh, so I guess it really is the pig's "rind."

I sure learn a lot in this group! Mostly about food. Heh!

Albert
July 29th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Ryan said about Zaffron "As Indian food goes, they're not my favorite..."

Zaffron is okay but there's no question that India House (across from Puck's Alley) is THE best Indian restaurant in town. I just wish it weren't quite so expensive.

pzarquon
July 29th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Today is Burt "Bytemarks/Quark" Lum's monthly geek lunch downtown, so I'll be getting my usual: a toasted turkey bacon sub from Subway with Maui-style potato chips and a Coke. (Free Star-Bulletin, too!) We'll be in the YWCA Richards Street courtyard from 11:30 to 1 p.m. or so, if anyone cares to join us!

jkpescador
July 29th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Did you ever try Komala Curry House in downtown?

oggboy
July 29th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Aunty,

No Foget The Chili Pepa Watta An Shoyu With The Chicharon.

With Da Cold Beer, Broke Da Mouth... Wait Yea I Goin Get One Cold

One.

Today`s Menu...... Hamburger Steak And Small Dry Mein From

Maui`s Very Popular .....sam Sato`s......in Wailuku.

Oggboy.......

Miulang
July 29th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Today`s Menu...... Hamburger Steak And Small Dry Mein From

Maui`s Very Popular .....sam Sato`s......in Wailuku.

Oggboy.......

Oooh! Now you making ME hungry! You eva eat da Sam Sato turnovers? Ho, I would kill for one of dem (peach, please) right now! You eva eat da food from da WeiWei Noodle Shop down da street? Both Sam Sato and WeiWei right down da street from my mudda and fadda's house.

Miulang

oggboy
July 29th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Yeah You Nooooooo,,,,,,

Go Early Foa The Turnovers And Umpung And Cinnamon Donuts.

Mine Is Da Peach And The Coconut. No Can Beat... You Rememeber

The Locations That Sam Sato`s Was At?????

Oh Yeah, I Go Eat At Wei-wei Too!!!

Dey Get One Unreal Menu And The Food Is Pretty Good, But I

Still Miss Golden Jade Restaurant..... You Remember That One Too??

Oggboy

Miulang
July 29th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah You Nooooooo,,,,,,

Go Early Foa The Turnovers And Umpung And Cinnamon Donuts.

Mine Is Da Peach And The Coconut. No Can Beat... You Rememeber

The Locations That Sam Sato`s Was At?????

Oh Yeah, I Go Eat At Wei-wei Too!!!

Dey Get One Unreal Menu And The Food Is Pretty Good, But I

Still Miss Golden Jade Restaurant..... You Remember That One Too??

Oggboy
Ha! I so makule I rememba where Sam Sato used to be in Happy Valley. Neva went wen was in Puunene though (isn't that where they had da first store? In one of the plantation camps?) When was in Happy Valley, wen burn down, I tink dat's why dey in da Wailuku Industrial Park now (Imi Kala?)

Small kid time, I wen Iao School, and Golden Jade was almost right across da street (had Kaohu Store too, we used to go ova there for crack seed and inari sushi, lidat). Yeah, Golden Jade was da best. I used to like da chow mein and da duck.

Miulang

P.S. My parents used to take me and my bruddah to eat at Hale Lava and Tasty Crust, too, just so we would learn how to eat with one knife and fork and learn table manners. I miss Hale Lava too, had onolicious mac salad.

oggboy
July 29th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Eh Tita Miulang,
I Hope I Can Call You Dat Cause I Feal Like I No You Already. Yes
The First Sam Sato`s Wuz At The Puunene Plantation. As Wea My
Fadda Use To Take Me Go Eat Breakfast, And The Mama-san Would
Come Talk Story With Me And My Dad...
After That Wen H.c.& S. Started Closing Down Those Plantation
Housing.....sam Sato Wuz Looking Foa One Place.
They Wen Find The One In Happy Valley, But Neva Burn Down, Just
Wuz To Small Foa Dem Operate Since All The Local People Use
To Go There.........

So, You Rememeber Golden Jade Eh,,,, That Was One Ono Kine
Place Foa Get Chinese Food. And No Was Cantonese.......
Now Day`s All Get Is Cantonese Food.....

Oh Yeah Kaohu Store Still Dea.... Remember The Short Old Man And Old Lady................. Oggboy

Miulang
July 29th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Eh Tita Miulang,
I Hope I Can Call You Dat Cause I Feal Like I No You Already. Yes
The First Sam Sato`s Wuz At The Puunene Plantation. As Wea My
Fadda Use To Take Me Go Eat Breakfast, And The Mama-san Would
Come Talk Story With Me And My Dad...
After That Wen H.c.& S. Started Closing Down Those Plantation
Housing.....sam Sato Wuz Looking Foa One Place.
They Wen Find The One In Happy Valley, But Neva Burn Down, Just
Wuz To Small Foa Dem Operate Since All The Local People Use
To Go There.........

So, You Rememeber Golden Jade Eh,,,, That Was One Ono Kine
Place Foa Get Chinese Food. And No Was Cantonese.......
Now Day`s All Get Is Cantonese Food.....

Oh Yeah Kaohu Store Still Dea.... Remember The Short Old Man And Old Lady................. Oggboy
Eh,foa sure you can call me Tita, because I one A#1 Tita to da Max! :D
I keep up with what's going on by reading da online version of da Maui News, but long time I neva see anyting about Ah Fook Supermarket. So dey wen tear da whole ting down yet? Going rebuild? I was on Maui da day after wen burn. I sad about Ooka too. Where da makule kine guys in Wailuku going get their groceries from? I heard Safeway going build down by da old Apana junk yard where get all da multimillion dollar kine houses? Das true or wat?

Malama pono,
Miulang

lurkah
July 29th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Eh,foa sure you can call me Tita, because I one A#1 Tita to da Max!

Picture Frank Delima's version of Mary Tunta. :p

Komoda Bakery cream puffs is da bomb! :D

Now you folks is forcing me to drive ovah to Walmart so I can get some custard pie. Yeah, dey get ono kine custard pie too ovah heyah. Just gotta imagine it's from Liliha Bakery. ;)

oggboy
July 29th, 2005, 06:19 PM
TITA,
FOA ALL THESE MAKULE PEOPLE, I FEAL FOA DEM......
REMEMEBER NODA MARKET, CLOSE!!! AH FOOK`S BURN DOWN
OOKA`S GO CLOSE DOWN.... SOME PU TING I FEEL FOA OUR KUPUNA`S...
ONLY KINE PLACE IS TAKAMIYA MARKET.....

FROM WATT I NO, AH FOOKS LIKE REBUILD IN THE SAME SPOT.....

ITS JUST A WAIT AND SEE GAME BY A&B WATT GOING TAKE PLACE..

BUT SOME SADDDDD FOR SEE ALL THESE KUPUNAS FEAL SOOOO LOST.

KAHULUI SHOPPING CENTER WAS, THERE GATHERING PLACE...........

OGGBOY..................

p.s. REMEMBER HAROLDS INN, CRAFT`S DRUGS, TODA DRUGS OR PORT
TOWN DELI....................

kimo55
July 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
TITA,
FOA ALL THESE MAKULE

you have got... to buy a new keyboard. old one steh broke azzwhy.
I know that has gotta be why you using all caps. Not for the other reason... one hopes.

oggboy
July 29th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Eh, Kimo, So Sorry But Why Not????

At Least I Get On Moa Free Hand Fo Pound Da Cold Ones Eh!!!!
Oggboy

kimo55
July 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM

hmmmm...
"why NOT type in all caps" ??

ok;
it's considered rude.
lazy.
it's a common newbie infraction.
It's universally reviled.
it looks like hell.
It is considered yelling. or screaming.

http://tinyurl.com/cp2de

kimo55
July 29th, 2005, 08:24 PM

At Least I Get On Moa Free Hand Fo Pound Da Cold Ones Eh!!!!
Oggboy

I don't get it: You also have a free hand to pound whatevahs you like even if you type all in lower case, too...
sounds as if it would be easier all da way around.

MadAzza
July 29th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I don't get it: You also have a free hand to pound whatevahs you like even if you type all in lower case, too...
sounds as if it would be easier all da way around.

Yeah, so, Kimo, what'd you have for lunch?

kimo55
July 29th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Yeah, so, Kimo, what'd you have for lunch?

oh I sat at da keyboard and pounded, too.
Have you had your protein today?
I have!

MadAzza
July 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM
oh I sat at da keyboard and pounded, too.
Have you had your protein today?
I have!

It's great that you're so open about it. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

kimo55
July 29th, 2005, 09:41 PM
certainly hope notOW!
hit my eye!

MadAzza
July 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
certainly hope notOW!
hit my eye!

Bad aim ... what a surprise.

kimo55
July 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Eye-lvis has left the building.
hey. depth perception off, with one eye.

ot; Chicken pot pie from Costco with salad, and now topping da day off with kava tea. steeped muddy and murky ....zzzzzzzzzz

Miulang
July 30th, 2005, 06:18 AM
For lunch today, I think I better have something healthy, so I'm going to make a roasted, grilled Portobello sandwich on a whole wheat burger bun with roasted peppers, grilled onions and Havarti light cheese on top. And then I'll probably undo all that good by pigging out on something highly caloric for dinner! ;)

Miulang

Miulang
July 30th, 2005, 02:21 PM
For lunch today, I think I better have something healthy, so I'm going to make a roasted, grilled Portobello sandwich on a whole wheat burger bun with roasted peppers, grilled onions and Havarti light cheese on top. And then I'll probably undo all that good by pigging out on something highly caloric for dinner! ;)

Miulang
I lied. Instead of eating a healthy lunch, we went to the local L&L. I had an "Aloha Saimin" and da kane had a mini-katsu plate. With Spam musubi to go!

Miulang

1stwahine
July 30th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I had a late, late lunch. Mama was ono for Saimin but lazy to go out. Palace Saimin was closed so I went across the street to The Old Saimin House. Their original location before moving to 1311 North King Street (next to Kapalama Post Office) was next to Tamashiro Market on King Street.

Mitsue & Tomizo Ikei were the original owners. They started their family business in 1923. Recently, Lane Ikei, their grandson took over their family bussiness.

The resturant has a brand new look. Still got the same quality and onolicious Saimin, Udon, with Soup or fried. The won ton's are meaty and plentiful. Also, on the menu, Spam Musubi, Kim Chee, Mac Salad and BBQ meat on a stick! No forget the mustard. :)

For more information call: 808 842-7697

Auntie Lynn

helen
July 31st, 2005, 12:29 AM
BBQ Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, onion rings, corn on the cob and Mr. Phibs (a different version of Dr. Pepper) from Dixe Grill.

MadAzza
July 31st, 2005, 12:37 AM
BBQ Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, onion rings, corn on the cob and Mr. Phibs (a different version of Dr. Pepper) from Dixe Grill.

I thought it was Mr. Pibb? Now I'm confused, it looks silly both ways. Do you ever do that, look at a word or a name and the more you look at it, the goofier it looks? Maybe that's just me.

Sounds like a great lunch, either way! They have a really good "kitchen sink" salad there, too. I need to go back there sometime.

I shared a chicken fajita at Duke's. Yum. With a gin & tonic on a hot summer day.

1stwahine
July 31st, 2005, 01:19 PM
Huli Huli Chicken bought at the HCC (Honolulu Community College) Parking Lot on Dillingham Blvd. $ 4.00 for a Mini Plate (1 scoop rice, kernal corn and 1/4 chicken). Lg. $ 6.00 (2 scoops rice, kernal corn and 1/2 chicken).

The area is clean and in order. The taste of the Huli Huli Chicken: ONO ;)

Auntie Lynn

helen
July 31st, 2005, 01:30 PM
About to eat noodles and black bean chicken, spring rolls and Mountain Dew from U-Choice Drive Inn.

pinakboy
July 31st, 2005, 11:46 PM
Huli Huli Chicken bought at the HCC (Honolulu Community College) Parking Lot on Dillingham Blvd. $ 4.00 for a Mini Plate (1 scoop rice, kernal corn and 1/4 chicken). Lg. $ 6.00 (2 scoops rice, kernal corn and 1/2 chicken).

The area is clean and in order. The taste of the Huli Huli Chicken: ONO ;)

Auntie Lynn

oooo auntie das koala moa rotisserie chicken eh!! :eek: das da winnahz!! cooked jus right not burnt or raw insai. :rolleyes: my wife's fave!! mine too if i can get my own whole chicken!! LOL

lurkah
August 1st, 2005, 12:22 AM
oooo auntie das koala moa rotisserie chicken eh!! :eek: das da winnahz!! cooked jus right not burnt or raw insai. :rolleyes: my wife's fave!! mine too if i can get my own whole chicken!! LOL

You guys making my mout watah! http://allthingshawaiian.com/lurkah/smileys/smileydrooling2.gif

We're getting 100+ degree temps now where I stay. HO what I would give for one beeg, ono plate of cold ginger chicken! Eh Miulang, you can go make and send me some? I go pay you Tuesday for some kaukau today.

Miulang
August 1st, 2005, 05:33 AM
You guys making my mout watah! http://allthingshawaiian.com/lurkah/smileys/smileydrooling2.gif

We're getting 100+ degree temps now where I stay. HO what I would give for one beeg, ono plate of cold ginger chicken! Eh Miulang, you can go make and send me some? I go pay you Tuesday for some kaukau today.
Eh Bruddah. You can read, yeah? If you can read, you can go make 'em yourself! :p Up heah oni nani, not too hot, not too cold, except da weather buggahs say going be in da 90s later on dis week.

Cold Chicken with Ginger Sauce (from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", HECO, with some modifications by me)

1 qt. water
1 T. oil
1 small piece ginger, crushed
4 lb. roasting chicken
3/4 c. vegetable oil (I use canola)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c. minced ginger root
1/3 c. minced green onions
1 T. chopped Chinese parsley (can use cilantro)

Poach the chicken in the water, with the small piece of crushed ginger and 1 T. salt. Let simmer on lowest heat for about 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and rinse it thoroughly. (You can use the chicken broth for soup or something else later on...freeze it if you can't use it immediately). Cut the chicken up into small 2 x 1" pieces (can remove skin if watching calories) and place in a serving dish. Heat the 1 T. oil and 1/2 t. salt until salt is dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the garlic, minced ginger and green onions. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the parsley. Serves 6.

Actually, the written recipe more complicated than it is to cook da moa!

And no go tell me you all makepo so you cannot read, you oni can eat...Izzie wen go report dat Makino's in LV betta den Todai...so I guess we going Makino's instead of Todai next month?

Miulang

pinakboy
August 1st, 2005, 08:57 AM
Cold Chicken with Ginger Sauce (from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", HECO, with some modifications by me)

1 qt. water
1 T. oil
1 small piece ginger, crushed
4 lb. roasting chicken
3/4 c. vegetable oil (I use canola)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c. minced ginger root
1/3 c. minced green onions
1 T. chopped Chinese parsley (can use cilantro)

Poach the chicken in the water, with the small piece of crushed ginger and 1 T. salt. Let simmer on lowest heat for about 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and rinse it thoroughly. (You can use the chicken broth for soup or something else later on...freeze it if you can't use it immediately). Cut the chicken up into small 2 x 1" pieces (can remove skin if watching calories) and place in a serving dish. Heat the 1 T. oil and 1/2 t. salt until salt is dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the garlic, minced ginger and green onions. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the parsley. Serves 6.

Actually, the written recipe more complicated than it is to cook da moa!

Miulang

one of my favorites too!! :) wen i make dis my wife no likem, she say taste to "chickeny" and too much ginger!! LOL i told her das how supposed to be!! :D so moa fo me!! for parties i splash whiskey on da chicken befo i put da ginger sauce on. make everybody rosy cheeked eh! hehehe :D

thanks Miulang! now we need pics to drool!! :p

helen
August 1st, 2005, 12:24 PM
Teri beef, brown rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

pzarquon
August 1st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Back to Wendy's for the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and a Caesar Side Salad. O, woe, the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, once the darling of their 99 cent value menu, now costs $1.29!

oggboy
August 1st, 2005, 03:56 PM
Okay,
So Now I get free hand and I put down da beer I can talk story so you no get bent out of shape cause I use all cap`s. Big deal, you wen understand watt you wen read so, try RELAX okay!!!!!!!

Only kidding.................

Today`s Lunch Special- Gouda cheese burger with one bay shrimp salad.

ONO,ONO........... OGGBOY

Miulang
August 1st, 2005, 04:00 PM
Today`s Lunch Special- Gouda cheese burger with one bay shrimp salad.

ONO,ONO........... OGGBOY
You made 'em yourself, or you wen buy 'em from someplace? If you wen buy, which restaurant you went that has gouda cheeseburger? Not Ruby's at Kaahumanu Center, yeah?

Miulang

oggboy
August 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
Miulang,

I da head chef ova dea.......oggboy

Miulang
August 1st, 2005, 04:26 PM
Miulang,

I da head chef ova dea.......oggboyAt Ruby's??? No bulai! Eh, next time I go holoholo Mau'i, I going stop in Ruby's (right afta I get one mac nut frappuchino from da Starbucks next door or one Jamba Juice) and go grine your kaukau den. Wen was Sam Choy, we wen eat in there, but foa da prices dey were charging, da servings way too manini. Too high muckamucka. Bet you guys get plenty tourists fresh off da boat come grind over there, yeah? One odda place I like in da food court is Sushi Go. Ho da good fun when you finally so full you cannot move and den you get one heart attack wen da server go count up all da green plates, da blue plates, and da red plates!

Miulang

oggboy
August 1st, 2005, 04:31 PM
By the way, you wen eat at my restaurant already.....

Plenty people asking wen we going open on Oahu..
We looking at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and also the Outrigger location on beach walk. Both these areas are undergoing extensive remolding.
Plenty neighbor Island ohana come in especially from Oahu. How come get Ruby`s and Krispy Kreme on Maui and no moa in Honolulu.

Well you have everything else, but We`ll be there soon!!! Maui is the first location for a Ruby`s Diner......

Do you have one in your location???????? OGGBOY

Miulang
August 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
By the way, you wen eat at my restaurant already.....

Plenty people asking wen we going open on Oahu..
We looking at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and also the Outrigger location on beach walk. Both these areas are undergoing extensive remolding.
Plenty neighbor Island ohana come in especially from Oahu. How come get Ruby`s and Krispy Kreme on Maui and no moa in Honolulu.

Well you have everything else, but We`ll be there soon!!! Maui is the first location for a Ruby`s Diner......

Do you have one in your location???????? OGGBOY
No moa one up here Seattle side. We get one Ruby Tuesday's, but I no tink we get 'em one Ruby's Diner yet. So wat, you guys going expand to Seattle?

Miulang

P.S. tings lidat dat cannot be found anywhere else in da 'aina is what makes Maui no ka oi, yeah? ;) Maui get plenty kine "firsts".

oggboy
August 1st, 2005, 04:56 PM
Eventually,

Ruby`s has opened up locations in Philidelphia, Colorado, and currently looking at opening a Las Vegas Location.
Most of the new locations opening up are still in California.

Yeah, about time Maui get something.......

I`ll keep you posted if I hear about any plans for Seattle....
OGGBOY................

oggboy
August 1st, 2005, 05:26 PM
Miulang,

Kala`mai, I forgot that one of our waiters wen move to Seattle..... We get locations up dea.....At the Alderwood Mall, one location at Redmond, and also Woodinville. I forgot about these locations....Maybe not in your area, dunno cause neva been dea.........oggboy

Miulang
August 1st, 2005, 05:30 PM
Miulang,

Kala`mai, I forgot that one of our waiters wen move to Seattle..... We get locations up dea.....At the Alderwood Mall, one location at Redmond, and also Woodinville. I forgot about these locations....Maybe not in your area, dunno cause neva been dea.........oggboy
Oh good...dey stay all in da yuppie kine places! :p I go check out da one at Alderwood next time I go shopping up there...Dey must be giving Red Robin a run for their money up here...

Mahalos,
Miulang

helen
August 2nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Chicken Hecka, fried rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

helen
August 6th, 2005, 02:47 PM
BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak special from Mahalo Drive Inn.

Miulang
August 8th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Yesterday started out with a breakfast of taro pancakes and papaya and sausages and eggs at home. Then it proceeded to a lunch of a combo plate of mochiko chicken, kalua pork, mac salad and rice from Bobby's, a Hawaiian grines place in Everett, and finally ended with dinner at a place called Doong Koong Lau (the original was in Honolulu---don't know if it's still there, but the owners are from Hawaii) where I had the 1/2 fried duck prepared Hakka-style with special sauce. Yummy!

Miulang

lurkah
August 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM
http://allthingshawaiian.com/lurkah/smileys/smileycrying7.gif

pinakboy
August 8th, 2005, 09:02 AM
and finally ended with dinner at a place called Doong Koong Lau (the original was in Honolulu---don't know if it's still there, but the owners are from Hawaii) where I had the 1/2 fried duck prepared Hakka-style with special sauce. Yummy!

Miulang

Yah Doong Kong Lau was one of da best when they were here at the Chinese Cultural Plaza in chinatown!! dey gone but not forgotten...

check some of their past write-ups!

http://starbulletin.com/97/04/17/features/eater.html
http://starbulletin.com/2003/01/12/features/eater.html

I miss deir homestyle cooking... :rolleyes:

adrian
August 8th, 2005, 10:35 AM
McDonald's Egg Mcgriddle meal (was a few minutes too early to early lunch, and when my brain turned on, it was too late to change my order)

scrivener
August 8th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Eh Miulang:
Have you eaten at a Chinese restaurant called China Village near Seattle's U-District? I ate there in the spring of '92 and they had a dish I've never had anywhere else, and it was sooooooooo good. It was called (believe it or not) "Sweet and Pungent Pork." Man, what an unappetizing name. But boy, what a delicious dish!

Miulang
August 8th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Eh Miulang:
Have you eaten at a Chinese restaurant called China Village near Seattle's U-District? I ate there in the spring of '92 and they had a dish I've never had anywhere else, and it was sooooooooo good. It was called (believe it or not) "Sweet and Pungent Pork." Man, what an unappetizing name. But boy, what a delicious dish!
China Village near the UW? Hmmm...have to go check it out to see if they're still around. If they are, I'll go have the "Sweet and Pungent Pork" for you, k?

Miulang

1stwahine
August 8th, 2005, 01:54 PM
RABBIT. Nah, joke,joke...I had Prime Rib Sandwich from Eagles on Nimitz! :D

Auntie Lynn

pzarquon
August 8th, 2005, 02:04 PM
After learning that one of my favorite places, Grilla's on S. King near Nuuanu, was closed, I ended up at Subway. Took the daily special (turkey and ham) and some Maui style potato chips.

helen
August 10th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Kind of a late lunch consisting of lemon chicken, brown rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

pzarquon
August 10th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Checked out the Kulia Grill at the UH medical school in Kakaako with a friend and a coworker. The place is run by the culinary arts program at KCC. Really, really good stuff at great prices. I had a most excellent cheeseburger on an onion roll (serious cheeseburger, fries and drink for under $7!). My coworker had this awesome salad:

http://photos22.flickr.com/33013279_4748e15b94_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/33013279/)

Spinach salad with a orange/ginger dressing, topped with honey walnuts and shrimp. I'm not one for frilly salads myself (give me simple iceberg anyday!), but it looked really good. I'll have to try it next time.

helen
August 12th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Chicken Katsu, brown rice and veggies.

kupomog
August 13th, 2005, 02:07 PM
We made lasagna, Marie Calendar brand. Tasted pretty good! Ate it with that Texas Toast garlic bread.

Fondoo2
August 13th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Broiled wild samon,organic black beans,orgnic brown rice<---reflecting my recent decision not to eat anything "The Man" has ran thru his processing plant. Hippie Power!!

helen
August 14th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Cheeseburger, curly fries and a Diet Coke.

helen
August 19th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Black bean chicken, noodles, spring rolls and a Mountain Dew from U-Choice Drive In.

1stwahine
August 19th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Pigs Feet Soup, rice and macaroni sald from Jane's Fountain on Liliha Street.

note: great saimin too.

Auntie Lynn

**** stars (out of five)

Miulang
August 20th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Kalua pork, rice and mac salad from Aloha Island Catering, Portland, OR. Was tempted, but didn't buy: shave ice (the real stuff, not sno-cones) and Indian Fry Bread.

Miulang

1stwahine
August 20th, 2005, 01:26 PM
steam UHU, rice and kimchee! opu full and i sleepy! ;)

auntie lynn

Cnecki
August 20th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Tuna sandwich with onions, pickles and mayo on Millbrook bread. Pepsi and BBQ chips of course.

Pikake
August 21st, 2005, 03:43 PM
Made BBQ ribs (soaked in Filipino BBQ sauce). Pancit (Bihon & Canton noodles mixed w/ stir fry veggies, shrimp, chicken and sukiyaki beef strips). No fo get da rice and furakaki and the protein shake.

helen
August 22nd, 2005, 11:03 PM
A couple of cheeseburgers and a bottle of water.

LikaNui
August 24th, 2005, 12:55 PM
M&W Drive Inn

pzarquon
August 24th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Ginger chicken on rice at Cafe Oriente on Mauna Kea St.

http://photos27.flickr.com/36930636_9517e91c49_t.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/36930636/) http://photos23.flickr.com/36931308_611ad9e6f1_t.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/36931308/in/photostream)

The food was quite good. The "special guest" that crawled out of my menu wasn't, though. :eek:

glossyp
August 24th, 2005, 02:54 PM
The "special guest" that crawled out of my menu wasn't, though. :eek:

Do tell! How many legs at least.

Moto
August 25th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Roast Turkey Plate from Betsy's Luncheon on Fort Shafter.

helen
August 25th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Cheeseburger, Jumbo Jack and a couple of servings of Diet Coke.

1stwahine
August 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Beef Soup with a blend of tomato, onion, potato and white stem cabbage.

Auntie Lynn

Miulang
August 27th, 2005, 06:26 PM
For lunch, a Vietnamese bahn mi sandwich. Tonight: laulau (premade), and homemade lomi, mac salad and kalua pork. Yum!

Miulang

1stwahine
August 28th, 2005, 12:33 PM
one piece pan fried pork chop, cream style corn and one scoop rice. water.

auntie lynn

MadAzza
August 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Vicodin, cheese and crackers and a box of Kleenex.

jdub
August 28th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Vicodin, cheese and crackers and a box of Kleenex.

that sounds strangely appetizing...well, except for the kleenex...bon appetite! i'm going with budweiser today...

helen
August 31st, 2005, 11:03 PM
A couple of sandwichs, BBQ chicken musibi and a Mountain Dew from 7-11 (I had to get my bus pass as well).

HaolewaiianGirl
September 1st, 2005, 07:26 AM
Big bowl of miso soup w/ bean sprouts, one spam musubi, and one cup fat free sugar free cheesecake pudding. I'm trying to lose a little weight.... Remind me of that when I hit the pork rinds at 11 pm. *sigh* No self control whatsoever.

helen
September 1st, 2005, 01:11 PM
Cheeseburgers, curly fries and a bottle of water.

kupomog
September 1st, 2005, 02:14 PM
Mini-spaghetti from Zippy's. I eat there pretty much every Tuesday/Thursday since I have a nice long break between classes.

D'Alani
September 1st, 2005, 04:10 PM
Boneless chicken w/plenny gravy from Richie's in Kalihi.

Lalalinder
September 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
kalua pig on hawaiian bread rolls, fries, coke.

HaolewaiianGirl
September 3rd, 2005, 10:19 AM
kalua pig on hawaiian bread rolls, fries, coke.
mmmmmm.... THAT's what I want. :) Not gonna help me lose weight though. Maybe if it was a diet coke?? hehehehe

Moto
September 3rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Today will be Pinacbit at Alonzo's at the Mililani Golf Course. Yum

helen
September 5th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Various manapua and Mountain Dew.

1stwahine
September 5th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Mix BBQ Plate and 1/2 Chicken Special with Fries form MAMA from BOB'S on the corner of Dillingham/Houghtailing. It's better than buying the whole shabang and charcoal...for only MAMA and me.

Auntie Lynn ;)

kimo55
September 5th, 2005, 06:01 PM
dallah beers and happy hour prices on da puupuus at Dixie grill. nice place. casual. fahnkee.
today; crab/arty choke dip
so onooo! with toasty garlic style bread.
hoh! chance um!

Miulang
September 5th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Todai tonight for the 2-for-one special (if someone's celebrating their birthday and they can prove it, they get their dinner free). It's about the only time we get to go to Todai because it's kinda expensive for a buffet.

Miulang

kahalabrah
September 5th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I was at Todai couple weeks ago! Happy Birthday Miulang! I ate so much I had to abort. :p

I love Dim Sum at Golden Palace. Being Pake, they have the cheapest Dim Sum in Hawaii! Not only cheap but very good, except for the chicken feet (yuck!). Believe it or not, I have a local haole friend that loves chicken feet. Unbelievable.

kimo55
September 5th, 2005, 06:20 PM
dass disgusting! right there in da restaurant?!

Miulang
September 5th, 2005, 06:20 PM
I was at Todai couple weeks ago! Happy Birthday Miulang! I ate so much I had to abort.
Wasn't my burpday (was my kane's), but I know what you mean <urp> and I didn't even go back for seconds! :D What cracks me up about some people who eat there is how they stack their plates up high with king crab legs (about all they have on their plates). You spend all that time extracting so little meat...me? gimme da stuff that all I gotta do is pop in my mouth. I hear Bruddah Lurkah as a special "secret" to getting all that manini meat out of a crab leg wikiwiki, though.

Miulang

kimo55
September 5th, 2005, 06:22 PM
I hear Bruddah Lurkah as a special "secret" to getting all that manini meat out of a crab leg wikiwiki, though.

he sticks it in a glass of meat tenderiser and sucks da buggah like a straw.

lurkah
September 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM
What cracks me up about some people who eat there is how they stack their plates up high with king crab legs (about all they have on their plates). You spend all that time extracting so little meat...me? gimme da stuff that all I gotta do is pop in my mouth. I hear Bruddah Lurkah as a special "secret" to getting all that manini meat out of a crab leg wikiwiki, though.

First of all, it's obvious you're an amateur when it comes to eating crab because Todai only serves the skinny snow crab legs (http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/lintonsseafood.safeshopper.com/images/50lo8nu.gif) and not the bumbucha Alaskan king crab legs (http://www.edcheung.com/album/album02/crab_ryan.jpg). And yes, there is a technique for getting the maximum amount of snow crab meat out from the legs, but mo bettah you just stick to eating sushi and leave the crab legs for me. And about eating all the different kinds of sushi they have there, the trick is to remove most of the rice from the sushi or you'll get full way too fast anden what, poho yeah if you get full by eating too much rice at a buffet with all that raw fish around?

Miulang
September 5th, 2005, 07:21 PM
First of all, it's obvious you're an amateur when it comes to eating crab because Todai only serves the skinny snow crab legs (http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/lintonsseafood.safeshopper.com/images/50lo8nu.gif) and not the bumbucha Alaskan king crab legs (http://www.edcheung.com/album/album02/crab_ryan.jpg). And yes, there is a technique for getting the maximum amount of snow crab meat out from the legs, but mo bettah you just stick to eating sushi and leave the crab legs for me. And about eating all the different kinds of sushi they have there, the trick is to remove most of the rice from the sushi or you'll get full way too fast anden what, poho yeah if you get full by eating too much rice at a buffet with all that raw fish around?

Who taught you da technique? Moki? No worries, bruddah, I ate da poke to da max and dey had extra maguro on da side, so I wen whack up da fresh fish. Oni had about 6 pieces of sushi, mostly nigiri anyway because I like da fresh fish and not so much da "stuff" in da maki rolls. Whose bright idea was to put cream cheese in sushi anyway? You going let Panzo and me sit at your feet in LV so we can "apprentice" wit da expert?

Miulang

helen
September 7th, 2005, 12:18 PM
A couple of cheeseburgers, onion rings and a bottle of water.

toeknee
September 7th, 2005, 03:34 PM
And for dessert? Chocolate mochi at Nori's Saimin and Snacks in Hilo Town. Chewy and chocolaty. Onolicious!

pzarquon
September 7th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Yesterday? Chicken caesar salad from Costco. I actually didn't eat the chicken! Today? Combination teishoku (sashimi and tempura) from Kabuki in Aiea.

helen
September 8th, 2005, 11:33 AM
A couple of cheeseburgers and a bottle of water.

lavagal
September 8th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Pork shredded after roasting in a homemade chili verde sauce on tortillas and cheese with diet cola spritzed up with a half of meyer lemon that grows in the back yard. mmmmmmmm.

1stwahine
September 8th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I stopped by Times Liliha. I was late in cooking something for MAMA. I usually don't buy any hot meals plates from Times but the line was long so I assume it was good. They had two on sale today. Mushroom Chicken or Roast Beef. The Plate comes with Mash Poato or Rice, Kernal Corn, soda or bottle water for $5.50 + tax The line goes fast. I ordered the Roast Beef w/ Mashed potato for MAMA. She loved it. Soft. The gravy...old style.

I had fruit salad and fed Antonio his baby food. ;)

kupomog
September 9th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Went to the Outrigger Canoe Club for the first time with my brother's girlfriend. It was like a girls day out thing. I just had a plain turkey sandwich, but I also tried some of her salad (I don't eat salad 'cause I don't like most dressing but her's was awesome, celery seed dressing) and I tried a bit of her mahi mahi sandwich (I don't eat tartar sauce, but the one they use there is also awesome, so surprising, I didn't even realize it was tartar sauce). I also drank something called a Henrietta, I guess the alcohol free version of the Henry. Just tasted like a yummy smoothie.

Moto
September 10th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I had a "One Pound" Laulau at Kuhio Grille (on the Big Island) yesterday. No it was not a Wendell's Laulau, you know the one thats frickin' big. No desert in the Laulau either. Did have lots of luau leaf (Which I love). If you're on the Big Island, I would recommend it.

helen
September 10th, 2005, 02:41 PM
BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak and a couple of cups of Mountain Dew from Mahalo Hawaii BBQ (I took home the 2nd cup).

1stwahine
September 10th, 2005, 03:58 PM
MAMA and I went to Peoples for Lunch. I've been doing great all week for my diet. I went off it for today. I wished I hadn't. I ordered the Squid Luau Plate with Tripe Stew, Lomi Salmon, Poi, & Kim Chee. I couldn't eat it all but my stomach feels weird. I got the sweats. MAMA ordered the Stew plate with Laulau and is fine. Must be my stomach...then again, I have a sensitive opu. Remember the raw crabs? :eek: I did order side lomi ahi. My fault.

Auntie Lynn :(

scrivener
September 10th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I hit Big D's on Ualena Street near the airport (reviewed by Pzarquon here (http://www.lightfantastic.org/imr/places/restaurants/bigds.html)) hoping to catch the UH-Michigan State football game and get some studying done. I must have misunderstood the kickoff time or maybe Big D's didn't pay for the game, because instead all that was on was the Texas-OhioState game.

Had a cold Corona and the house steak. The Corona was okay (I didn't learn until later that my favorite, Sam Adams, was on tap) but the steak was yummy. Tender, seasoned well, and brought to my table quickly.

helen
September 11th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Manapua, spring rolls and Mountain Dew from U-Choice Drive In.

helen
September 12th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Cheeseburgers and bottled water from the HCC Cafeteria.

1stwahine
September 12th, 2005, 11:02 PM
I was fortunate and honored to be invited to lunch by a reader of of my Blog. Yep, a Reader! We went to "Golden Palace." When it comes to Dim Sum...I am dumb! She did all the ordering and it was all yummy. The dessert she chose was filled with black sugar. So much to choose from. I got full fast and we had left overs which I took home for MAMA. I don't know their names. All I can say is that they are dumplings that are filled with pork, vegetables, and other fillings either steamed or fried right in front of you. It was a delightful experience for Auntie Lynn of Chinatown! Like the saying goes..."you're never too old to learn new things!" or something lil' dat!

I'll walk double tomarrow.

helen
September 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Chicken bake, polish sausage and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

scrivener
September 13th, 2005, 06:16 PM
This grosses a lot of people out, but those people have never been Boy Scouts. I had a can of pork and beans, right from the can at room temperature. One of my favorite quick lunches.

helen
September 13th, 2005, 07:56 PM
You never used your lighter to heat up the can? In the old days I used a streno stove to do that.