Sony PSP: Pros and Cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony PSP: Pros and Cons?

I'm considering getting a Sony PSP for one of my kids and am wondering if I'm wasting my money or not? I know it'll play video but what format? What are it's virtues and it's limitations? The price is right but I want it to do a lot mainly play those gameboy games and allow my boy to listen to MP3's as he's lugging around two gadgets now and I'd rather him carry one.

Mahalo
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Sony PSP: Pros and Cons?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    I'm considering getting a Sony PSP for one of my kids and am wondering if I'm wasting my money or not? I know it'll play video but what format? What are it's virtues and it's limitations? The price is right but I want it to do a lot mainly play those gameboy games and allow my boy to listen to MP3's as he's lugging around two gadgets now and I'd rather him carry one.

Mahalo
    First off you can't play Nintendo gameboy games on a Sony PSP their competitors.

I have a PSP and I wish that I didn't buy it. Nah my friend gave it too me. It's not really doing well in the market now. I mean sure it has nice graphics a dual proccesor it can play MP3's and Movies and video games. One thing the video games that came out for it really aren't that good, or worth buying. Another...... the movies cost about twenty dollars and it come's in a tiny little disk. Why spend more money on a movie you already own on DVD? Another.... the memory card cost about fifty dollars or more, and if your talking about MP3'S, you need a bigger Memmory card like a gig. Last I heard that's a hundred. One more thing the portable system cost $250.00 The battery life don't last long it's a big clunky thing you have to constantly recharge. It is Wireless technology and I don't know how to work it if only my neighbors children had one too so I could play with them but I guess they can't afford one. I say don't waist your money your better off with an Ipod and a Gameboy Advance.

Buy a Nintendo DS. It is smaller it has a clam shell design(so the screen won't get all scratched up when you lug it around in your pocket) and the screen has a touch screen design. It is Wifi technology from what I heard and it works plus I can name every kid I know that owns a DS. The games are getting better and inovative since you can actually touch the screen to make your character move. It's not as powerful as the PSP. It has the same graphics engine from old N64. It's cheaper like a hundred fifty dollars cheaper. The game's ROCK!(Did I forget to mention that?) Batteries are standard triple A Batteries and they last Ten Times longer. And lastly it is doing well in Japan and in Europe. Trust me PSP is GREAT in technology but too expensive to afford.
    Last edited by Pedro; July 1, 2005, 01:57 PM.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Re: Sony PSP: Pros and Cons?

What was I thinking! Nintendo and Sony are separate companies. Thanks for the insight, I've been looking at the DS but can that play MP3's? The price is even better than the PSP so maybe I should take a closer look at that instead.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
      X