Your Most Intriguing Historical Figure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Most Intriguing Historical Figure

i'm 2 jumbo Sapporos into a mockudrama on the history channel (i hooked up with some fresh ahl)...makes me wonder...get plenny smart phokes inside hea...so which historical figure is the one who fascinated you first? artist? scientist? religious figure (and no, this ain't no pulpit)?...look deep, people...
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Re: Your Most Intriguing Historical Figure

wow...this one went NOWHERE!
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Comment

As I sit here at 2:07 am. and keep thinking who is the most intrigiuing historical figure for me...there is no other in my mind and heart but the man himself. He has carried me through rough waters, when I was tired from exhaustion, comforted me when I lost my dad and husband, made me strong when my children went to war, kept them safe and brought them home to me. Yes, he is my most intriguing historical figure! Thank you Lord.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Albert Schweitzer...humanitarian, scientist, doctor, musician. At the rather belated age of 35 (I think), he gave up a very promising career as a musician and went to medical school...everyone knows the rest of his story...

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Pick a Dalai Lama, any Dalai Lama (you got 14 to choose from - or is it just one?)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            Pick a Dalai Lama, any Dalai Lama (you got 14 to choose from - or is it just one?)
            The 6th was especially interesting, he really knew how to party- I think after 5 monastic incarnations he needed a break...

Info: http://www.answers.com/topic/tsangya...6th-dalai-lama

Comment

That's probably why he died at 24. Which makes me wonder: does a bad hangover follow you into future incarnations? (Owww! --- would you mind whispering "karma" a little quieter, please?)

Comment

One historical figure, if you could call her that, who I'd love to learn more about is Mozart's sister. Hailed as a genius in her own right, her music was all lost, since as a woman in that society at the time, she was swept into the background to marry and have kids and follow the traditional life for women, while Mozart got all the attention. I'm very curious to know how talented the sister was and whether she too may have shared some of Mozart's genius. Wish I could hear some of her compositions now...oh well.

Comment

Working...
                X