Nasa being Sued for 300million?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasa being Sued for 300million?

I just heard on the radio and seen on the television that some lady is sueing Nasa because the probe that hit the meteor some millions of miles away damaged the flow of her horoscope. Now I heard of ridiculous lawsuit like the obese people sueing Mc Donalds for their Obesity but this tops it all. We are a Sue happy country.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Re: Nasa being Sued for 300million?

Except, of course, that the person in question is Russian and the suit was filed in Moscow. But, a minor detail when you're looking to expose the folly of American litigation, right?

Here's a link:

Astrologer Sues NASA Over Comet Mission
    NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust -- it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer. Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

Comment

dang i go sue mcdonalds too!! lol
      Reggie aka pinakboy
      Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
      Raw Eats Veggie Videos
      Recipe Tube TV!
      Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Except, of course, that the person in question is Russian and the suit was filed in Moscow. But, a minor detail when you're looking to expose the folly of American litigation, right?

Here's a link:

Astrologer Sues NASA Over Comet Mission
        Thanks for sharing that article. It was sure funny. I don't think this Russian Lady will get 300million for it, if she does than she'll be one rich happy Lady. I am going to have to look for something to sue for, something retarded and big maybe I will strike it big and be rich too, but nah I have moral standards so I won't do that, not unless I got hurt and I could never walk or caught some sick deadly disease because of the governments or bussiness neglect.
        A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

I used to believe the McDonald's coffee suit was a bit rediculous until I read the facts surrounding the case.

Apparently there is an OSHA requirement that all hot beverages be served at a certain temperature...not too cool for obvious reasons, but more so not too hot, to prevent scalding. It's a safety mandate to reduce the incidents of first or second-degree burns.

McDonald's knew that coffee dispenser was malfunctioning and was heating the coffee to the point where serious injury would occur if an accident were to happen but failed to correct the problem. In other words McDonald's was negligent in their attempts to correct a wrong. It is for that reason McDonald's lost the case.

It may sound frivilous from the outside but imagine riding in a bus that is mandated to be operated in a safe manner and yet the bus mechanic failed to fix the brakes properly and the bus ends up slamming into a wall and some passengers get injured. It's the same negligence arguement that would prevail here where the bus company failed to correct a known wrong and put the lives of it's passengers in jeopardy.

Likewise McDonald's knew their coffee dispenser wasn't working properly to the point where the coffee was being served dangerously too hot yet did nothing to correct it. Kinda like knowing the deep fryer was the cat's litter box and yet didn't clean it out for the next batch of french fries.

As for this lady's claim against NASA, she has to prove her life was damaged to the point worth $300-million. If not she will have to settle for what her life would have been worth if there is a settlement. If she loses, she pays for all court and attorney fees. A lot of would be suers don't realize they have so many days to prepare for a court hearing and if they're not ready, not only will the case be thrown out, but the tardy party will have to pay for the extenuating court costs that have since occured.

In other words, it costs money to take a suit to court and if you don't have the money you need an attorney to represent you on a contingency basis. And any competant lawyer won't take a case they know they may lose.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Considering that the US and the Soviet Union been crashing stuff on the moon, Mars and other planets I am surprised no one thought of doing that eariler. And I didn't think that astrologers useds comets to do their stuff.

Comment

But more importantly...WHERE ARE THOSE ENVIRONMENTALISTS!

Actually I'm surprized some cult religious group called "The Saints of Temple 1" haven't sued on the basis is denegrading their god!
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

One more thing about the McDonalds suit. Like most big product liability suits, the initial award (I don't remember what it was -- $700M or something?) was reduced by the judge to a fraction of that. That's the part that never gets publicized, particularly not by the "tort reform" crowd who'd rather no one knows that the humongous award was quietly dropped to a more sensible amount.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                X