Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Bush assaults cop

From an AP wire story just released:

"GLENEAGLES, Scotland (AP) -- President Bush collided with a local police officer and fell during a bike ride on the grounds of the Gleneagles golf resort while attending a meeting of world leaders Wednesday.
    "Bush suffered "mild to moderate" scrapes on his hands and arms that required bandages by the White House physician, said White House spokesman Scott McClellan. The accident occurred on asphalt, McClellan said, but Bush was wearing a helmet at the time.
    "The police officer was taken to a local hospital as a precaution, McClellan said. Police said the officer suffered a "very minor" ankle injury."

Geez, I don't know how many times we've told George to not ride his bike and chew gum at the same time! It's hard enough for him to concentrate on one thing at a time.

It must be a genetic thing. Remember when his father was president and was at a dinner in China and threw up on the Premier?
    Like father, like son.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: President Bush assaults cop

You don't even have to go back to H.W. Remember when GWB choked on a pretzel while watching the Super Bowl?

Comment

Yeah, it scares me that our President is about 7 cans short of a six-pack.

Comment

For once (and only this one time! ) I can sympathize with the Prez. I took a header off my bike last weekend too and got an owie on my knee and twisted a muscle or two. What I wanna know is where the hell were his SS guys who were supposed to be riding shotgun? Why didn't one of them "take the brunt" of that collision? My guess is Mungo was trying to do wheelies and wasn't watching where he was going. After the "thorough investigation" that I'm sure will ensue, and if he's found to be the one who caused the accident, will that cause an international incident? bahahahahahaha.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Photos. I want action photos.

Comment

Has everyone forgotten his little Segway stumble a couple of years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Has everyone forgotten his little Segway stumble a couple of years ago?

segway.
              huh.
              the nerdmobile.
              I would be proud to be known as someone who doesn't ride a segway and falls off.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                Photos. I want action photos.
                Training wheels. I want training wheels on Bush's bike. (Especially since this isn't the first time he's crashed it.)

Hey, while he's at it he could get some 3x5 index cards and attach 'em to the spokes with laundry pins, like back in the day. Then as he pedals he can pretend the sound is his adoring public yelling "Pfffbbbbbtttt" at him.

Comment

Whoa. I definitely think it's time for the Prez to get off that mountain bike. What was not too widely reported in the US press is that on Saturday, May 22, 2004, the Prez took a header at his ranch too (with pictures).

Hehheh. He may be the clumsiest President we've had since Gerald Ford. Remember the golfing incident?

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; July 6, 2005, 01:35 PM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X