Spyware and adware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyware and adware

The Pew Internet and American Life Project has a new report on spyware and adware, and how these annoying programs have affected users' behavior. No real surprises, but I loved this quote from the Associated Press story on the report:
    According to Pew, 48 percent of adult Internet users in the United States have stopped visiting specific Web sites that they fear might be harboring unwanted programs.
    Now, was that adult users or was that adult Web sites?

Re: Spyware and adware

For spyware/adware i use Pestpatrol Corp now bought by CA, Lavasoft Ad-aware SE Pro, and Giant AntiSpyware now known as Microsoft AntiSpyware.

Using sysinternals process explorer and Hijack this is also good utilz.
    Reggie aka pinakboy
    Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
    Raw Eats Veggie Videos
    Recipe Tube TV!
    Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Re: Spyware and adware

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      The Pew Internet and American Life Project has a new report on spyware and adware, and how these annoying programs have affected users' behavior. No real surprises, but I loved this quote from the Associated Press story on the report:
      Now, was that adult users or was that adult Web sites?
      With NOD32 as my Antivirus software and Spysweeper running and Spybot, Adaware and hijackthis scans done daily after I'm done, nothing can penetrate my computer (and to prove it, the other computers on the same LAN as me has a ton of viruses and spyware, which I clean out every couple days)
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
      X