I'm new wheeee aloha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new wheeee aloha

Hi everyone, I'm Tom, I'm a totally cool newbie from philly, pa. I love it here, I've been in waikiki for 2 months and dear God if anyone can help me find a job I'll owe them forever... I've looked everywhere. I have some really marketable skills in a few different industries... but job finding is definately very difficult. So any advice or help anyone can send me would be great.

Otherwise it's paradise!
    Aloha, TOM

Re: I'm new wheeee aloha

Well Philly Boy!
    I'm a South Jersey girl from way back, came to Hawaii in 1981. What are your skills? What do you do?
    It's hard getting a good job in Hawaii.
    Specifics. Do you make great cheese steaks, sell insurance or cars, grow plants, write stories, dig ditches, wait tables, sing songs, preach or teach?
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by tweaver001
      I have some really marketable skills but job finding is definately very difficult. So any advice or help anyone can send me would be great.

...the more gooder a spellur you are, definately, the better chance of landing uh jawb.

Comment

your a funny girl kimo. Dude, whenever I really needed work I went to a job site, (construction) and asked if they needed another guy. They almost always need an extra guy. Know how to work a shovel and a broom? Then your set.
        Last edited by aaron; July 21, 2005, 07:51 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by aaron
          your a funny girl kimo. Dude, whenever I really needed work I went to a job site, (construction) and asked if they needed another guy. They almost always need an extra guy. Know how to work a shovel and a broom? Then your set.

That won't work here, Tom. And by the way Kimo ain't a girl. I know this because because.

Construction sites are tightly-knit union shops. You'd be advised to wear a hard hat on your head and your butt because you'd probably land on one or the other when they show you the gate.

There are a lot of jobs here if you want to work at Subway, Starbucks, Zippy's or Radio Shack. You can push a broom at a school, too.

Most of the time you get a free meal when you work at these places, because it won't be enough pay to buy food or a futon to sleep on.

good luck!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
          X