How to deal with an unknown caller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with an unknown caller?

At around the same time yesterday and today (about 12:30pm) someone called my cell from a number I didn't recognize, so I just forwarded it to my voicemail.

The prefixes are 224 and 258, and are both local numbers.

I pulled my phone number from the job site I'm using to get a job, and removed it from my resume documents. The spooky thing is, that it happened within a few minutes of each other, and I tried a reverse lookup on a few sites, but it found nothing.

I can't get another cell number because I'm stuck in another 1 year contract w/ tmobile, and I don't have the money to pay for it.

What can I do?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: How to deal with an unknown caller?

Adrian, never be afraid! PM me and I'll call the numbers and find out the scoops for you.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
      At around the same time yesterday and today (about 12:30pm) someone called my cell from a number I didn't recognize, so I just forwarded it to my voicemail.

The prefixes are 224 and 258, and are both local numbers.

I pulled my phone number from the job site I'm using to get a job, and removed it from my resume documents. The spooky thing is, that it happened within a few minutes of each other, and I tried a reverse lookup on a few sites, but it found nothing.

I can't get another cell number because I'm stuck in another 1 year contract w/ tmobile, and I don't have the money to pay for it.

What can I do?
      Did those callers leave call back messages? Is the greeting on your cellphone voice mail box professional sounding? If they were hangup calls, and if your voice mail greeting is too "cute", they might have been potential employers who were turned off by the message you left. If you don't give potential employers a phone number to call, more than likely that's going to limit the number of employers who will be interested in you. It's OK to leave off a mailing address, but you have to include both an email address and phone number these days when applying for jobs. Your voicemail greeting should be something like, "You have reached 808-xxx-xxxx. I am unavailable to take your call at this time. Please leave your name, phone number and a detailed message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; July 7, 2005, 03:32 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Ehh. They were probably wrong numbers. I get them on my cell every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Did those callers leave call back messages? Is the greeting on your cellphone voice mail box professional sounding? If they were hangup calls, and if your voice mail greeting is too "cute", they might have been potential employers who were turned off by the message you left. If you don't give potential employers a phone number to call, more than likely that's going to limit the number of employers who will be interested in you. It's OK to leave off a mailing address, but you have to include both an email address and phone number these days when applying for jobs. Your voicemail greeting should be something like, "You have reached 808-xxx-xxxx. I am unavailable to take your call at this time. Please leave your name, phone number and a detailed message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

Miulang
          This is my message:
          Hello, please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you
          And my service has a feature that will tell me if I have a voicemail, so I can't miss it.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The if they were hang up calls, Glen's right. Those were wrong numbers.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X