• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me if this bad.

Take a at this site
    http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news...48/detail.html

Then search for Malcolm Yorkston on this DOE site:

http://165.248.6.166/data/directory/employee.asp

A quick Google Search gave me his UH website.

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~yorkston/etec645/bio3.htm

Well what do you guys think?

Would you want him to be your childs 4th grade teacher?

What should be done?
    Last edited by Broc; July 11, 2005, 02:58 PM.

Re: Tell me if this bad.

You registered just to post this? That's what looks bad.

An arrest is not proof of guilt, particularly an arrest based on an allegation (let alone any connection besides a name - the KITV item doesn't mention whether the Yorkston in question is a teacher). And I can't find any other coverage of the subsequent disposition of this case. (There are two other stories in the Honolulu Advertiser that mention Yorkston in his teaching capacity, here and here.)

Either way, it's up to the courts and the jury - if it even gets that far - to determine "if this bad."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon

An arrest is not proof of guilt, particularly an arrest based on an allegation (let alone any connection besides a name - the KITV item doesn't mention whether the Yorkston in question is a teacher). And I can't find any other coverage of the subsequent disposition of this case. (There are two other stories in the Honolulu Advertiser that mention Yorkston in his teaching capacity, here and here.)

Either way, it's up to the courts and the jury - if it even gets that far - to determine "if this bad."
      First of all, your right because the 2 names might not be the same person.

Secondly,I'm not placing blame or making accusations. I just asked if this is bad and if anything should be done wether or not he is found guilty.

Thanks.

Comment

Assuming that it's the same guy, then that would be up to the DOE, now, wouldn't it? I imagine that they have policies about employee misconduct. Let the process work, that's what it's there for.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon

i'm inclined to agree with pz on this one...innocent until proven guilty, man...but if a jury decides that they did do it, lock 'em up...i've got 2 sisters and tons of hanai nieces, and the thought of a crime like that makes me want to puke...
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Broc
            Well what do you guys think?

Would you want him to be your childs 4th grade teacher?

What should be done?

Secondly,I'm not placing blame or making accusations. I just asked if this is bad and if anything should be done wether or not he is found guilty.

Thanks.
            nope. you did not ask that.

"First of all, your right because... "
            ...tell you one thing: wouldn't want YOU to be anyone's teacher.

Comment

Working...
            X