Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone (or somepeople) stealing the CPUs of computers in City Hall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone (or somepeople) stealing the CPUs of computers in City Hall?

And I mean just the CPUs, (and some CD drives).

I just saw it on KITV @ 6, and I was laughing.

From the report, it looks like they used Dells, with one of them having a big heatsink.

Maybe someone lost their CPU in their Dell? or probably they want to OC that bugger.

EDIT: Linky
    Last edited by adrian; July 12, 2005, 06:15 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Someone (or somepeople) stealing the CPUs of computers in City Hall?

Hey that would be an excellent way to upgrade my celeron processor in my desktop to a P4! Who the heck would know? Unless you're doing major number crunching or gaming, an office computer user using their P4 for simple MS Office stuff like Word or Excel or even Powerpoint wouldn't even notice the subtle difference in their computing. It would literally take the IS guy to figure it out.

That story is funny though, imagine the look on the IS technician when he opens up the case and see's this big old empty socket staring back at him
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

i agree. it's kinda serious but it's funny that the guy/gal was so competent and relaxed about it! shesh; the person had enough time to take it out and put the pc back again. yeah, i would have loved to see the face of the user when he/she tried to boot up!

i wonder what the chances are that the person will hit again just for the challenge???
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

it takes time to take out a cpu from a dell... about 5mins
        Reggie aka pinakboy
        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
        Recipe Tube TV!
        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

It depends...if it's in a micro ATX case then maybe five minutes. But if its in a standard ATX case then a couple of minutes tops and it's done. About the length of a bathroom break.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

yah dontcha love da piano case style of dell cases?? hehehe

those screwless plastic green rails on the dell hd and cdrom bays are so cool too!
            Reggie aka pinakboy
            Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
            Recipe Tube TV!
            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
            X