Hawaii wrestling stars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii wrestling stars...

NEWSFLASH! We have just received word that King Curtis "The Bull" Iaukea, one of the most popular and outrageous wrestlers from Hawaii's Pro Wrestling heyday, will be staging one of his famous 50th State Wrestling locker room interviews on Saturday at da show. Should be great fun! (I wonder what he is up to?)

oh... that's the Hawaii All Collectors show at da H.I.C. this month 23rd and 24.
    Last edited by kimo55; July 15, 2005, 10:27 AM.

Re: Hawaii wrestling stars...

Originally posted by kimo55

NEWSFLASH! We have just received word that King Curtis "The Bull" Iaukea, one of the most popular and outrageous wrestlers from Hawaii's Pro Wrestling heyday, will be staging one of his famous 50th State Wrestling locker room interviews on Saturday at da show. Should be great fun! (I wonder what he is up to?)
    Dang, I thought dat buggah wen mahke long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
      Dang, I thought dat buggah wen mahke long time ago.

no sorry lurk... da buggah still alive and well. or at least alive and kicking.
      Would it please you if i were to say he has a really bad fever at the moment?

Comment

Would it please you if i were to say he has a really bad fever at the moment?
        Only if it meant dat borrowing your anal thermometer would help him reduce da fever. Jahs kidding brah...but is not like you nevah ask for it.

Comment

woops...
          erased.
          snipped...
          i will stop while I am ahead. i respect da buggah too much.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
            Jahs kidding brah...but is not like you nevah ask for it.

yea but what did HE do to ask for it?

Comment

yea but what did HE do to ask for it?
              Dat kine substitution might work wit oddahs brah, but not wit me. You should take yowah own advice up deah and stop while you ahead. Curtis "Da Bull" "Da Splash" Iaukea was one of my favrite bad guys.

Comment

lurkah, i love the smiley colorful faces...it makes me laugh. (rolling on the floor)!

auntie lynn aka auntie pupule
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

lurkah, i love the smiley colorful faces...it makes me laugh. (rolling on the floor)!
                  I glad you stay laughing, Auntie. Da way I see it, life is too shawt fo be wasting time excelling at tings like being spiteful, sour and sarcastic. Believe me, I've wasted more den my share of years doing dat already. I've grown to believe dat laughter is da best medicine and I try my best to excel in spreading da laughter -- da aloha -- da best way I know how. But if somebody like try yank my chain, I not too makule yet fo yank right back even harder. Gotta be careful whose chain you yank nowdays...one day it might be connected to da release pin of one grenade.

Comment

Mahalo for the reminders! Laughter is the best medicine. Unfortunately, I too have wasted many years of bitterness and being mean. It is only recently that I have begun to "wrestle" with my demons and start winning. I applaud you for being direct and not wasting precious time in what you want to get across.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

ok, you two;
                      get a room, already.

how can we spell it out for ya?!
                      this is not the mutual appreciation society thread.
                      This is not the chain yanking contest thread.
                      Nor is this is the personal messed up mental condition tangent vague-stream-of-consciousness-babbling-everyone-wansta-knowaboutmybathroomhabits-and-relative's-shoppinglists thread.
                      Neither is this the "who can steal more bandwidth from ohanalanai.com and allthingshawaiian.com with smileycartoons contest-just-to-amuse-da-simpleminded-thread!
                      It is re; Hawaiian Wrestlers.
                      rememberrrrrrr?!
                      Noooo?!
                      yeeesss?
                      stay on topic maaayyybeeee?
                      You wanna start a "life is too short to not get all goofee on the floor sharing smileyfacecartoons", fine wit me. elsewhere, tho.
                      This thread about what i started it about, you A.D.D. children. c'mon. get wit da program.
                      kay den.
                      Last edited by kimo55; July 16, 2005, 01:22 AM.

Comment

ok, you two;
                        get a room, already.

how can we spell it out for ya?!
                        this is not the mutual appreciation society thread.
                        This is not the chain yanking contest thread.
                        Nor is this is the personal messed up mental condition tangent vague-stream-of-consciousness-babbling-everyone-wansta-knowaboutmybathroomhabits-and-relative's-shoppinglists thread.
                        Neither is this the "who can steal more bandwidth from ohanalanai.com and allthingshawaiian.com with smileycartoons contest-just-to-amuse-da-simpleminded-thread!
                        It is re; Hawaiian Wrestlers.
                        rememberrrrrrr?!
                        Noooo?!
                        yeeesss?
                        You wanna start a "life is too short to not get all goofee on the floor sharing smileyfacecartoons", fine wit me. elsewhere, tho.
                        This thread about what i started it about, you A.D.D. children. c'mon. get wit da program.
                        kay den.
                        1. You provoke by picking on innocent litto me tinking you going get away wit it as usual.

2. I poke back harder.
                        3. Like one typical bully, you hope to win by trowing one tantrum.

Johnny Barend and Ripper Collins were anuddah of my fave bad guys. Now YOU stay on topic.

Comment

You had me going for a while, there, Kimo. Now I know you were kidding. The day Kimo can legitimately ask people to stay on topic is the day... hell, I can't even imagine such a day.

All right. Wrestling. Here's what I want to know.

I guess Hawaii had a good history with wrestling, but I don't hear much about it today. Further, I hear a lot about kickboxing and other "extreme martial arts" that strike me as more cruel spectacle than sport. Has wrestling's day just passed, and other, "flashier" stuff taken the space and the limelight? Or are there still serious wrestling folks and leagues and events that are just flying under the radar?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            You had me going for a while, there, Kimo. Now I know you were kidding. The day Kimo can legitimately ask people to stay on topic is the day... hell, I can't even imagine such a day.
                            ok... stay on topic... ok.. umm. Hey! where ARE your cartoon faces in your message?! Don't come around here unless you use cartoons!

Comment

I remember being able to stay up Friday nights to watch Hawaii wrestling on TV. Then do it again on Saturday afternoon. The Missing Link rocked... I think his thing was the bear hug and remember he had the claw. He would be getting the crap beat out of him then he would get up grab his wrist of his claw hand. The crowd would go wild and of course the other wrestler would get all scared... then he would grab the other dude in the gut with his claw til the guy "tapped out"... ahhhhh the memories!

Oh yeah, my dad took me to a couple at Bloch Arena. I passed that yesterday and thought "wow that thing is still there?".

Comment

Working...
                              X