Fantasy Books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Books?

Anyone into Fantasy Books like Lord Of The Rings? Magician Apprentice? Harry Potter? I love to read Fantasy Books. Lately I just caught up with the Harry Potter Books so I can read the new addition which come's out tomorrow. Any body a fan of Fantasy? Just wondering.. I was just wondering if Hawaii will ever have a Fantasy writer.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Re: Fantasy Books?

Originally posted by Pedro
    I was just wondering if Hawaii will ever have a Fantasy writer.
    yea we do and talked about it before;
    jeremy harris.

Comment

I'm not a fanatic about fantasy, but I appreciate the genre when it's creative and well-written. I, too, will be picking up my Harry Potter book tonight at midnight.

You mention some good titles, but if you want to see how fantasy should really be done, you need to read The Belgariad, a series of books by David Eddings, beginning with Pawn of Prophecy.

There have been some local fantasy writers. There's one series by a professor at UH-Hilo, but I can't remember the names of the books or author.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        There have been some local fantasy writers. There's one series by a professor at UH-Hilo, but I can't remember the names of the books or author.
        Are you thinking of A. A. Attanasio? He's the only well-known Hawai'i-based fantasy writer I can think of. And if you want to include science fiction writers, Linda Nagata lives on Maui (although I haven't seen anything new from her in a few years).

p.s. Woo hoo! 1,000 posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Are you thinking of A. A. Attanasio? He's the only well-known Hawai'i-based fantasy writer I can think of. And if you want to include science fiction writers, Linda Nagata lives on Maui (although I haven't seen anything new from her in a few years).

p.s. Woo hoo! 1,000 posts!
          Terry Brooks is my favorite. He is a part-time Hawaii writer of the Landover, Shannara and Null & Void.
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Stephen Kings "Gunslinger" series has many fantasy/sci-fi aspects and I found it one of my best reads,up there with Tolkens work and Douglas Adams stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
              Just wondering.. I was just wondering if Hawaii will ever have a Fantasy writer.
              Must...resist.....urge to crack jokes about our daily newspapers and some Hawaii-oriented blogs nah nah nahnahnah....

pax

Comment

Working...
              X