Edgy Lee and Kealii Reichel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgy Lee and Kealii Reichel?

What's this I hear about Edgy Lee being dismissed from a music video shoot for Kealii Reichel?
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Re: Edgy Lee and Kealii Reichel?

Originally posted by buzz1941
    What's this I hear about Edgy Lee being dismissed from a music video shoot for Kealii Reichel?
    Dunno. What did you hear?
    Mebbe she was too tall for him.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

That she basically blew the budget on useless footage ... was over her head.
      Burl Burlingame
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

That she basically blew the budget on useless footage ... was over her head.
        Um, this would be the same Edgy Lee who has won armfuls of national and international awards and honors, right? And she was supposedly "over her head" on a simple music video?
        Something smells fishy. Real fishy.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Obviously, something didn't gel. The "vision thing," maybe. Or a simple parting of the ways creatively.

Wasn't a simple music video. Was to be a DVD of a concert performance.
          Burl Burlingame
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

What I understand is that she tried to do a concert film (shot during the course of three consecutive evenings, I believe) with only one camera, which as anyone in the videography business knows is ridiculous. You need at least three cameras. Closeup camera, distance camera, focus on the rest of the band's soloes camera, that kind of thing. I'm not a video person by any means, just repeating what I heard, so please pardon any ignorance on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
              What I understand is that she tried to do a concert film (shot during the course of three consecutive evenings, I believe) with only one camera, which as anyone in the videography business knows is ridiculous. You need at least three cameras. Closeup camera, distance camera, focus on the rest of the band's soloes camera, that kind of thing. I'm not a video person by any means, just repeating what I heard, so please pardon any ignorance on my part.
              whoops, forgot to mention, the reason she allegedly did the above was to save money on videographers. More for her pocket. Again, this is unconfirmed by me.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                Closeup camera, distance camera, focus on the rest of the band's soloes camera,
                audience reaction/cutaways, too.. a three camera shoot, fully edited is much more professional than one. Two is almost not sufficient. You can fake a three or four camera shoot in editing, but the viewer may detect continuity errors, or feel sumpin just ain't right...
                Last edited by kimo55; July 18, 2005, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Maybe she was looking for an "eddgy" result

Comment

Originally posted by Sponge Rider
                    Maybe she was looking for an "eddgy" result
                    ya know, could be!
                    Tell Ms. Lee that. Sure she would be entertained by it!

Comment

What i've heard from friends in the industry is that Ms. Lee is infamous for trying to keep production costs at a minimum.....despite having hefty budgets to work with. Also known to haggle over her bills. I was at lunch one day with someone who had done work for her but would not return his calls, or even answer them. After one unsucessful call to her, I suggested he use MY phone to call her, and she answered on the first ring!!!!

What she is obviously very good at is self-promotion. Yes, she has done some highly regarded work, but has also managed to step on a few toes within the production community to do so. Maybe she should run for office one day. Not surprised at this Kealii Reichel story, unconfirmed or not.

Comment

It's the same Edgy Lee who, during film festivals, goes from hospitality room to hospitality room filling her big coat pockets with free food, poor dear.
                        Burl Burlingame
                        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

It's the same Edgy Lee who, during film festivals, goes from hospitality room to hospitality room filling her big coat pockets with free food, poor dear.
                          You don't like Edgy Lee, do you? And what's wrong with taking FREE food? Did she take your share?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                            You don't like Edgy Lee, do you? And what's wrong with taking FREE food? Did she take your share?
                            Just an observation. Maybe she's a starving artist.
                            Burl Burlingame
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
                              Yes, she... has also managed to step on a few toes within the production community to do so.

do you know definitively, that everyone else in the "industry" has NOT, to any degree?

Comment

Working...
                              X