Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where on the political spectrum are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where on the political spectrum are you?

Contrary to what some people believe, my views are on the cusp of centrist/liberal/libertarian, which means I'm not so far out in left field that I can't see the middle.

Take this little test to see where you end up. Short and interesting and I found it on the Hawaiian Libertarian Party website.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Where on the political spectrum are you?

Well, I took your test but I don't think that the classification is useful with such a short test with questions that are so black and white.

Example: End "corporate welfare." No government handouts to business (even if that business employs 14,000 workers and a large part of a state's economy depends on that industry) Then how would most people answer? You could make up caveats for every question to twist the results.

BTW: The test classified me as "Liberal".

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

I'm on the side that doesn't have the Christian nutballs, whatever that is. Usually, that means the liberals. That test is totally lame, btw.
      I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

Libertarian. But I already knew that.

But ackshually ... I'm not 100 percent lib, IMO. Conservative in some ways, liberal in others, libertarian in many.

Comment

"World's Smallest Political Quiz"? Like that's a good thing?

Categorizing people and their views is difficult (some would say impossible) enough. To try and distill it into ten questions seems pointless.

I posted a while back about the Political Compass. I thought the numerical, graph-able results would be more useful. Why not take that quiz, post your numbers, and someone who's better at Microsoft Excel than I am could post a map of this board's members.

Comment

Libertarian draft?

Playing "the little quiz" one can see why the site claims 4mln+ "quiz takers." Many of us no doubt take the quiz trying to get a preselected result just to find out what is the resulting stereotype that different combinations determine.

When voting a certain way that includes the military draft statement with agreement/maybe/disagreement columns : Military service should be voluntary. There should be no draft.

By agreeing with the statement (ie, there should be no draft) one is deemed
            i (by the quiz's maker)
            to be more to the left. Is not the US Right Wing suit and tie class having all its spokespersons praising voluntary military service to the exclusion of a draft?
            Last edited by waioli kai; July 19, 2005, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Re: Libertarian draft?

the quiz tells me i'm a liberal...nnnnooooooooo! i agree with pz...the issues are far to complicated to pigeonhole someone into a political ideology with a scant few broad-stroke questions...
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

Re: Libertarian draft?

Originally posted by jdub
                the quiz tells me i'm a liberal...nnnnooooooooo! i agree with pz...the issues are far to complicated to pigeonhole someone into a political ideology with a scant few broad-stroke questions...
                Unfortunately, Jaime, that's how a lot of people get pigeonholed and labeled...just because they state they believe one thing, then everybody tacks a generic name on them (i.e., "liberal", "conservative", space cadet, whatever).

The whole point I was trying to make is that I found this quiz on the Hawaii Libertarian website, and if I had answered every question "maybe", I would have been labelled a Centrist! I believe in some liberal causes, and some conservative causes (an imbalanced budget drives me nuts; I believe in living within my own means, and I expect that from government too).

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Conservative, militarist anti-Leftist

Conservative, militarist anti-Leftist

This era's US Conservative, r i t i s t, more "American" than thee, RWN (right -wing nut(s) ) anti-Leftist (aka fascist when militarist anti-Leftist ) had their equivalent in the latter half of the 1700's in the United States. An RWN nowadays covers himself and his carriage with faux patriotism, but during the birth of this nation which RWN claim that only they can love, they were the Loyalists, loyal to the British crown, worshippers of imperialist status quo. They have changed not a whit, except that now they wrap themselves in a different pattern of the same colors, the same imperialist, militarist ideology which the founders of the United States rejected.
                  Last edited by waioli kai; July 20, 2005, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Ok, I took the test. I'm a Centrist.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Shortest Political Quiz: 80% Social, 40% Economic, which puts me at Liberal, but just outside the Centrist square.

Political Compass: -3.50 Economic Left/Right, -3.08 Authoritarian/Libertarian, which puts me at Libertarian Left.

I'd characterize my political commentaries on my blog as center-left.
                      Last edited by Keith H.; July 25, 2005, 11:06 PM. Reason: correct typo
                      http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Conservative on foriegn policy, liberal for social and civil rights issues.

Comment

I scored smack dab (and slight on the left side) for LIBERTARIANS.

Generally not where I'd put myself.. but thats what it says.

NOW THE FUNNY THING ABOUT THIS..

This website was designed by Libertarians.. so its basically a self-advertisement for themselves and their party! They got ya!

Comment

Working...
                          X