Aloha everyone!~From Heilomano Base~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha everyone!~From Heilomano Base~

Hello Everyone! I am a born and raised Arkansan that moved out here to be with a military man that I met a few years back online. I am 25 and recently engaged to this wonderful man. However I am not exactly in my own place or even in a shelter at the moment. I am, for I cringe at the word, homeless. I do however find the weirdest places to hide to stay out of the way of trouble and keep myself safe from druggies and alcoholics. I personally dislike this types of behavior and prefer to keep to myself mainly out of resepct of others domains and privacy. I suppous I should let whoever wishes to welcome me post now. However I do not know if this is a good introduction of myself to such a lovely little site. I apologise if this is unseemly. Signed, ~CrystalxDragon~
    Me, myself and I. We have to stop arguing like this. Its going to tear me and me and me apart!

Re: Aloha everyone!~From Heilomano Base~

Howzit Crystal. Hope your life turns for the better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalxDragon
      Hello Everyone! I am a born and raised Arkansan that moved out here to be with a military man that I met a few years back online. I am 25 and recently engaged to this wonderful man. However I am not exactly in my own place or even in a shelter at the moment. I am, for I cringe at the word, homeless. I do however find the weirdest places to hide to stay out of the way of trouble and keep myself safe from druggies and alcoholics. I personally dislike this types of behavior and prefer to keep to myself mainly out of resepct of others domains and privacy. I suppous I should let whoever wishes to welcome me post now. However I do not know if this is a good introduction of myself to such a lovely little site. I apologise if this is unseemly. Signed, ~CrystalxDragon~
      Aloha CrystalxDragon! Why in heaven's name didn't you think about your living situation before you came to Hawai'i? Is your soldier/fiance deployed? You say he is a wonderful man...that don't cut it with me! If he was so wonderful he would make sure you had shelter and whatever else you need to survive here. It's is not easy for a young woman of your age to be HOMELESS. Even if you dislike the various types of behaviors of alcoholics and druggies...you already let yourself be open season as a potential victim by the current state you are in. I'm sure your family is worried sick over you!

Please go to the Womens IHS ( Institute Of Human Services) in Honolulu (Kaahi Street) asap! Get some professional help fast. Their phone number is 808 845-7052.

Auntie Lynn

PS. Your post is bothering me. Did you eat? I have children your age. Please PM me. There are other options that are available. What Branch of Service is your fiance in? May God send his mightest Angels to protect and guide you!
      Last edited by 1stwahine; July 18, 2005, 09:51 AM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I am, for I cringe at the word, homeless.
        Where do you get your Internet access? What kind of computer do you have? Do you push it around in a shopping cart?

Just curious, not trying to be rude. I can't be the only one wondering this stuff.

Comment

I am, for I cringe at the word, homeless.

wait;
          You are homeless, beCAUSE you "gringe at the word"?!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Where do you get your Internet access? What kind of computer do you have? Do you push it around in a shopping cart?

Just curious, not trying to be rude. I can't be the only one wondering this stuff.
            Well, OK, maybe the shopping cart question was rude. Just kidding around there. Didn't mean any offense.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
              What kind of computer do you have? Do you push it around in a shopping cart?

wait... with all the wifi places around, that aint such a bad idea...

Comment

There are plenty of homeless people online. Yes, even in Hawaii.

Worldwide, there are entire networks of them, with websites, databases, chatrooms, and a variety of resources. Whether through public terminals at libraries, through work (there are working homeless out there), or other means, being homeless and even not having a computer are not barriers to getting online.

Which, I think, is a good thing.

Welcome to HawaiiThreads, CrystalxDragon. I hope things work out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  There are plenty of homeless people online. Yes, even in Hawaii.

Worldwide, there are entire networks of them, with websites, databases, chatrooms, and a variety of resources. Whether through public terminals at libraries, through work (there are working homeless out there), or other means, being homeless and even not having a computer are not barriers to getting online.

Which, I think, is a good thing.
                  Sure, I realize all that, but I still wonder how *she* does it. Which is why I was asking. Curious, I am. Or just nosy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Aloha CrystalxDragon! Why in heaven's name didn't you think about your living situation before you came to Hawai'i? Is your soldier/fiance deployed? You say he is a wonderful man...that don't cut it with me! If he was so wonderful he would make sure you had shelter and whatever else you need to survive here. It's is not easy for a young woman of your age to be HOMELESS. Even if you dislike the various types of behaviors of alcoholics and druggies...you already let yourself be open season as a potential victim by the current state you are in. I'm sure your family is worried sick over you!
                    I have tried the shelters my dear. Unfortunatly my own family could give two hoots about my welfare at the moment. I did something that they can not forget so easily. I was at risk in the marriage I was in and my Army Fiance is an E-4 single and doesn't get paid very much. He has been pulling every single string he can to make sure I am safe and provided for. My divorce will be final in two weeks. I left my daughter in my soon to be ex husbands care because I did not know where I was going or if I would have a place to take and protect my daughter at. That is why my family is not talking to me. They did not understand the whole story, just my ex's half. I came here to be safe and with the one that I know that loves me ...for me.

Please go to the Womens IHS ( Institute Of Human Services) in Honolulu (Kaahi Street) asap! Get some professional help fast. Their phone number is 808 845-7052.

Auntie Lynn

PS. Your post is bothering me. Did you eat? I have children your age. Please PM me. There are other options that are available. What Branch of Service is your fiance in? May God send his mightest Angels to protect and guide you!
                    John is in the Army and I do eat as often as I am able. I do not starve if thats what you are bothered by. If there are other options I welcome them all. I thank you for the concern. I am seeking what help is available but it seems I am getting shut doors every time I look around. I have two weeks to seek shelter, afterwards I am a Army Wife. Which I am really looking forward to. As for the questions of how I am able to get online....I have friends that allow me to use their computers as long as i dont Down load anything. I do hook up on the weekends with my fiances computer as well which I really really want to get one of for myself one day. Its a Sony Viao. lol Only half a yr old at that. Wireless...nah John has cable at the barracks. My friends have Cable with a wireless router so it works out for everyone here.

Your truely,
                    Crystalxdragon
                    Me, myself and I. We have to stop arguing like this. Its going to tear me and me and me apart!

Comment

Aloha, Crystal. Thank you for sharing your story publicly, even though it really was no one's business.

Domestic abuse is dangerous and many women stay in abusive relationships because they can't think of any other alternatives. If they have kids, it's even worse, because the kids learn how to abuse and be abused in that environment. Are you going to try to get your daughter back once you are married, or are you going to let her grow up with a man who hurt you? If your family knew that you "ran away" because you were being abused, could they be angry because their granddaughter is still with this man?

It's unfortunate that the system has failed you. In two weeks, hopefully your situation will improve. How long have you been in Hawai'i?

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I have been here in Hawaii for almost four months now and been rooming with friends here and there as I go from place to place here. I actually intend to fight to get my daughter back as soon as John and I marry. I dont want her being raised as I was. Hiding from the fathers fists and flying belt. I want her to be proud of her family and willful in fact. I want her to be strong by her own right, not by force. I just pray that god willing I am able to win her back with out too much trouble. My father is all thats left of my family. He refuses to talk to me. As far as I know he is upset because I didnt give my soon to be ex a chance to change his ways. He himself was an abuser so I didnt expect him to be accepting of my descion.

Comment

I have been here in Hawaii for almost four months now and been rooming with friends here and there as I go from place to place here.
                          Oh, OK, I thought you were *homeless* homeless, as opposed to ... um, homeless. What I mean is, I'm relieved to hear you're not on the street. Thanks for letting us know. Check in every now and then, k?

Comment

Actually, making homeless shelters wifi and supplying indigents with laptops will keep them out of trouble. Mango Man and Petticoat Lady in Kailua I'm sure have some interesting observations to share.
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I am actually glad I made the friends I have here. There are so many like myself and I did stay at the shelter across from HCC. I was highly upset with seeing how many families there are on the streets these days. Instead of going back there I gave up my place at the shelter to make sure at least someone in more need than I gets a place to sleep and food to fill their bellies. I do not really have that much of a problem being on the streets and in and out of friends houses. They do tell me to go to the shelters but I told them what I saw that night and they understand my deal with the whole situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X