School dress code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School dress code

Today at work, I noticed this young girl about ten maybe twelve years of age walking with her parents. She had this very short miny skirt on which was riding up her @$$. Her parents payed no heed to what she was wearing and minded their own business, while me and my friends stared in utter disbelief, and shook our heads. O.K. the point is are people letting their kids wear less clothing out in public? I think it's O.K. for girls to be independant in what they wear but they don't know the dangers out there of being exposed in such a way, especially with too little on. That's where parents are suppose to step in and be a parent about it.

I remember this one young girl I use to cruise with at High School, her parents made sure she dressed sensible when going to school. As soon as she get's to school she changes into something extravagent and revealing, at the time I didn't care cause she looked good and I was in my adolescence so you can imagine the thoughts that ran thru my mind. But hey I still think of it today. Parents should be mindful of these things because they are too young to be dressing so sexy. There has to be a line between sexy and sensible, especially when it come's to age. What's your opinions on this topic?
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Re: Casual Clothing or Indecent Exposure?

Originally posted by Pedro
    There has to be a line between sexy and sensible, especially when it come's to age.
    I'm on the other end of this age range -- my female friends and acquaintances are old enough that most of them have realized they shouldn't dress that way any more. Unfortunately, some of them haven't gotten the hint.

Comment

I can't help but notice that more and more children's clothing, instead of looking like children's clothing, emulates adult styles instead. By the time you get to pre-teen and teen clothing, there's really nothing child-like or conservative about it. Even in the 90s when I was in high school, I could never find shorts that fit the school rules of being fingertip length--they were all much shorter than that! At the time I thought it was great, but it seems that even the short lengths from my day are now really long in comparison to what teens today are wearing. Unfortunately, it's a product of the MTV/media-obsessed culture. Teens/pre-teens want to dress sexy because that's what they've been taught is going to make them popular and what makes boys take notice. It's an age-old struggle between parents and adults.

I'm sure that many years from now, current generations will be making similar complaints about their children, but I'm scared to know how short and how tiny and how tight clothes will continue to get before they become almost nonexistent.

I wonder what Britney Spears is going to dress her offspring in...

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
        I'm sure that many years from now, current generations will be making similar complaints about their children
        It is every generation's job to freak out the generation before and then to shake its head and cluck its tongue at the generation that follows. There was a time, not at all long ago, when guys with earrings, facial hair, and tattoos were considered rebellious, but look what's happened now. They're so mainstream they're cliche.

For this reason, I say don't get worked up about it. It's the normal evolution of society; some of the rebellions lead to good things (clothing on boys, for example, has involved more and more fabric than it did in the seventies--whew!) and some to not-so-good things (tatoos around belly buttons are disgusting! why ruin one of the best parts of the female anatomy?).

Everything I just said about fashion? You can apply it to music, too. Seriously.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yep pretty soon latex paint will be the only thing left in a young girls wardrobe. It's gotten to the point where exposing ones breasts minus the ariolas is almost common place. It's just a matter of time when simply painting over those indecent spots will pass as "casual clothing"

What's amazing now is that it's becoming harder and harder to distinguish a young woman with her friends out on a night in Waikiki over a hooker. They both wear the same clothes.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            Yep pretty soon latex paint will be the only thing left in a young girls wardrobe. It's gotten to the point where exposing ones breasts minus the ariolas is almost common place.

and TV ain't helping stave off the indecency;
            Full frontal nudity but with pasties is now the norm after 9 pm on many channels....

(notice I'm not shouting too loudly against this...)

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
              It's the normal evolution of society;

some say the devolution of society.

Comment

Well Kimo actually we were born and evolved/created into this world butt naked so actually it's not a devolution but a return to innocense if one can imagine.

But if God wanted us to prance around as we did so in the Garden of Eden then he'd have made the Ozone Layer a bit more resiliant to Chloroflorocarbon molecules.

With that said I can imagine how the Muslim world can view the west as EVIL with our scantily clad women and YMCA men. Gotta admit...to the hard core Muslim that's gotta be so bizzare it can only come from the Devil himself.

Comment

With that said I can imagine how the Muslim world can view the west as EVIL with our scantily clad women and YMCA men. Gotta admit...to the hard core Muslim that's gotta be so bizzare it can only come from the Devil himself.
                  Makes me think of the New England missionaries coming into port in Honolulu in 1820 and weeping in horror at the sight of the nearly naked Hawaiians.

Comment

Actually I'm wondering if they were weeping with delight after that long open ocean voyage: Thank you Lord! Oh man this is a great place to sin!

Comment

Actually I'm wondering if they were weeping with delight after that long open ocean voyage: Thank you Lord! Oh man this is a great place to sin!
                      Hmmm. Maybe they were just pretending to be horrified. "Oh! All this nakedness -- I can't look!" (peeking between their fingers)

Comment

I can just see it...come here young heathen let me strike you on your buttocks for your indecent acts...no wait strike me instead, it's been a long voyage and I've been a bad little boy!

Oh I'm sure those missionaries had a great task ahead of them and had no problems getting help from the motherland: Volunteers needed to re-educate naked Polynesian women into decency. Caution - the shock of widespread nudity is repugnant and service to the Queen is at your own risk.

Yeah and at the volunteer desk: Okay let's form several lines here as it's getting a bit hectic trying to sign up everyone...Hey no cutting in line young man!

Comment

I can just see it...come here young heathen let me strike you on your buttocks for your indecent acts...no wait strike me instead, it's been a long voyage and I've been a bad little boy!
                          "You must spank her well, and after you are done with her, you may deal with her as you like... and then... spank me.
                          And me. And me too. And me.
                          Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good spanking. "

Comment

So my kid wanted to be a missionary in South America? Hmmmm...sign me up too!!!!

Man I'm really going to Hell for that one

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              "You must spank her well, and after you are done with her, you may deal with her as you like... and then... spank me.
                              And me. And me too. And me.
                              Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good spanking. "
                              No, no, no. It's too perilous.

Comment

Working...
                              X