Koko Head Elementary School Cookbook Fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koko Head Elementary School Cookbook Fundraiser

Shameless PLUG as seen in http://starbulletin.com/2005/07/20/features/index.html

[ BOOKSHELF ]
    A cookbook for a cause
    Attention Koko Head Elementary School alumni: Your school is celebrating hitting the half-century mark with a cookbook.
    The simply titled "50th Anniversary" is a slim volume, but includes more than 100 recipes contributed by students, their families and the school staff. It's the usual mish-mash of family favorites that tend to make up these community cookbooks, but there are plenty of unusual dishes -- consider third-grader Nicole Kahele's Potato Chip Chicken and second-grader Trevor Yee's Ono Meat Loaf (with minced clams).

Cost is $10, plus $1.75 postage. To order, e-mail paula@hawaii.rr.com. Proceeds benefit Friends of Koko Head Elementary, for arts education and other projects.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: Koko Head Elementary School Cookbook Fundraiser

Originally posted by lavagal

Attention Koko Head Elementary School alumni: Your school is celebrating hitting the half-century mark with a cookbook.
    Koko Head Elementary School had da bestest lunches back when they cost only 25¢...back when Hawai'i Kai was only a dream in Henry J. Kaiser's head...back when Kalama Valley was just an old dirt road filled with huge potholes that could submerge cars during heavy rains. Dang, I think I'll go and lie down now. I think I'm having a makule attack.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
      Koko Head Elementary School had da bestest lunches back when they cost only 25¢...back when Hawai'i Kai was only a dream in Henry J. Kaiser's head...back when Kalama Valley was just an old dirt road filled with huge potholes that could submerge cars during heavy rains. Dang, I think I'll go and lie down now. I think I'm having a makule attack.
      In the late '70s they still cost one quartah... My favorites were the teri burgers and kalua pig, and those 'ono shortbread cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieNellieKulolo

In the late '70s they still cost one quartah... My favorites were the teri burgers and kalua pig, and those 'ono shortbread cookies!
        Oh yeah! Da shortbread cookies were da best! And lucky if you had cafeteria duty that day too because then you could get extra cookies!

Comment

watabout da turkey corn scallop casserole---da one had turkey breast chunks, corn niblets and broccoli with da baked cheddar cheese topping??

da shortbread cookies we used open da small milk container and crumblem insai den mixem up... of course i neva do dat.

dang and was only $0.25!!! da memories....
          Reggie aka pinakboy
          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
          Recipe Tube TV!
          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
          X