"The Other Place" gone?!?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Other Place" gone?!?!!!

I was taking a walk over by Daiei this afternoon, and was shocked to see that the great hole-in-the-wall joint called "The Other Place" has now been replaced by a Korean Restauarant or something.

I just moved into this neighborhood, but I used to come here all the time for late-night Chicken Curry (the hands down best chicken curry in town) or Pork Chops with onions and gravy.

Last time i was there a few years ago, they mentioned that they might be moving...I hope that this is the case, and they didnt actually go out of business!

Anyone know if they are still around?

Re: "The Other Place" gone?!?!!!

Originally posted by melorama
    I was taking a walk over by Daiei this afternoon, and was shocked to see that the great hole-in-the-wall joint called "The Other Place" has now been replaced by a Korean Restauarant or something.

I just moved into this neighborhood, but I used to come here all the time for late-night Chicken Curry (the hands down best chicken curry in town) or Pork Chops with onions and gravy.

Last time i was there a few years ago, they mentioned that they might be moving...I hope that this is the case, and they didnt actually go out of business!

Anyone know if they are still around?

wassup melorama,

Jay da former owner/cook of the other place is a good friend of my brother-in-law. jay is now a cook at a bar on da corner of Keaaumoku and King. I foget da name of da bar but its on da corner cannot miss it. it used to be a car stereo installation shop befo and get choke korean shops in da back etc. of course keaaumoku is all yobo. hehehe
    da last time i saw Jay was at my bro-in-law's wedding in June. btw Jay is da Indian guy right? hehehe no like be mixed up wit da wrong guy. I neva had jay's pork chops with mushrooms and gravy but i heard its a winnah! i did have his custom meatloaf with choke sausages insai at last year's family thanksgiving party though. i practically took home all of it! lol
    Reggie aka pinakboy
    Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
    Raw Eats Veggie Videos
    Recipe Tube TV!
    Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

You're thinking of King Street Cafe. It's a nice establishment. Clean, with a young, mostly professional clientele. I go there to watch UH-Manoa volleyball games sometimes. And yeah, the food's good.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        You're thinking of King Street Cafe. It's a nice establishment. Clean, with a young, mostly professional clientele. I go there to watch UH-Manoa volleyball games sometimes. And yeah, the food's good.

Yuppers das da place!! King Street Cafe!! da mgr i heard from sources is supa jealous of his waitress/girlfriend fraternizing wit da clientele. lol he would get into tantrums in front of da peepz wit no shame and ack like a lil boy.
        Reggie aka pinakboy
        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
        Recipe Tube TV!
        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

I No Wat You Saying Braddah.
          It`s Sad Wen Our Bestest Kau Kau Place Decides To Call It Pau!!!!!

I Lived On Oahu And Know All The Mama& Papa Grinds Use To Have But Now All Gone. Same Like In Maui

Now Get All Kine Stuff Dat Look Good, But No Moa Da Flavor,

No Moa Dat Island Taste.....

That`s Wat Our Kupuna`s Wen Put Into Da Kau Kau
          Lots Of Love...............
          Oggboy
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

The last time I saw Jay (about two years ago), he was running the kitchen at 1020 -- behind KSC, just mauka. He said he could hook me up with some lamb curry with flat bread just like the TOP days. He only needs needs a few days heads-up to go shopping.
            "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Working...
            X