PDA

View Full Version : There's birds in L&L Ala Moana

adrian
July 25th, 2005, 01:04 PM
I was just eating there, when I saw pidgeons walking on the floor. First, there was just one, but as I finished, 3 more appeared.

I took a pic with my cell phone camera, so I'll post it later today when I get the time.

Is this a violation of a health code?

Miulang
July 25th, 2005, 01:26 PM
I was just eating there, when I saw pidgeons walking on the floor. First, there was just one, but as I finished, 3 more appeared.

I took a pic with my cell phone camera, so I'll post it later today when I get the time.

Is this a violation of a health code?
Only if they poop in your food, or if they eat your tonkatsu and fall over dead from food poisoning! :D So, did you feed that pigeon? If you fed him, maybe he called 3 of this birdie friends for kaukau.

Miulang

pzarquon
July 25th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Unless the birds are invited in by management, or "kept" there, I don't think it's a very serious "violation," since the L&L does open to the street. Of course, it is possible to have a bird problem, but the number one response I've seen are big signs that say, "DO NOT FEED THE BIRDS."

Every time I hear about birds in restaurants, I think of the KFC across from Ala Moana's mauka ramp. When I was a kid, we'd eat there, and easily see hundreds of doves and sparrows duke it out for scraps. I admit, more than a few bits of biscuit "accidentally" left our table...

pinakboy
July 25th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Only if they poop in your food, or if they eat your tonkatsu and fall over dead from food poisoning! :D So, did you feed that pigeon? If you fed him, maybe he called 3 of this birdie friends for kaukau.

Miulang

hmmm so if go check out ur plate lunch and ack like one pigeon, Adrian goin feed me?? but das ok coz i not goin call 3 of my frenz... den da kaukau all minez!! :D

Glen Miyashiro
July 25th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Maybe they didn't fly in from outside. Maybe they escaped from the kitchen... like in pinakboy's KFC thread. :p

adrian
July 25th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Luckily, there wasn't any kids there to chase the birds or feed them.

I have the pic on my computer, but the bird is barely visible in it (I gotta get myself one of the small real digital cameras) so I won't be posting it.