Stolen cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen cars

Honda Civics and Acura Integra made the top 2 spots in most stolen vehicles in Hawai'i last year. Up here, the thieves also like Camrys. Other than the teenage joy riding, most cars are stolen for their parts. Be grateful the islands don't have bands of Russian car thieves who steal cars, and then run them through chop shops which are associated with autobody repair places. Organized crime also likes to steal SUVs and ship them abroad.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Stolen cars

It's too bad these cars don't come standard with some type of anti-theft device. Some of the premium car brands out there have ignition systems that will not start the car unless the key, equipped with a transceiver, sends a signal to the system.

Although, that wouldn't prevent someone from busting your car door lock to search for valuables inside your car.

Car alarms are pretty much useless these days. When was the last time anyone responded to one?

Comment

I hate car alarms. I used to live in Waikiki in a low apartment whose nearest neighbor was a huge, five story parking garage for a larger building. All that whistling and beeping was enough to make a guy want to stalk around the lot with a pickaxe.

But Camry's are certainly on the short list. My mom's Camry was stolen out of her Mililani garage while she was home!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        Organized crime also likes to steal SUVs and ship them abroad.
        Good, get 'em out of the passing lane, then. Wish they'd steal the drivers, too. heh!

Comment

Originally posted by 808_m3
          Car alarms are pretty much useless these days. When was the last time anyone responded to one?

Me. when i yell at the inconsiderate car owner walking to it, i scream "shut that phaaakin useless noisemaker OFF, ya joik!"

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Good, get 'em out of the passing lane, then. Wish they'd steal the drivers, too. heh!
            And lets not forget those peksy motorcycle riders, weaving in and out of traffic with no regard for traffic laws. ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
              And lets not forget those peksy motorcycle riders, weaving in and out of traffic with no regard for traffic laws. ha!
              If you have a problem with me, which you obviously do (judging by your posts tonight), then I suggest you send me a private message with a date, time and place you'd like to meet to say some of this bullshit to my face.

Comment

If you have a problem with me, which you obviously do (judging by your posts tonight), then I suggest you send me a private message with a date, time and place you'd like to meet to say some of this bullshit to my face.
                Why? You spew some of the same "bullshit" on this board. If you can't take it, why do you do it yourself?

Comment

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! THIS IS FUNNY RIGHT? PLEASE TELL MADAZZA YOU'RE BEING FUNNY! SHE'S A BIKER CHICK FOR GAWD SAKE!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                    THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! THIS IS FUNNY RIGHT? PLEASE TELL MADAZZA YOU'RE BEING FUNNY! SHE'S A BIKER CHICK FOR GAWD SAKE!
                    It is kinda funny. And, I have to admit, accurate.

I was extremely cranky last night and not in the mood to kid around! Better now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                      PLEASE TELL MADAZZA YOU'RE BEING FUNNY!
                      I was just making a joke (hence the "ha!" at the end), but I guess it got taken the wrong way. At least somebody caught on before things got too ugly.

Comment

It is kinda funny. And, I have to admit, accurate.

I was extremely cranky last night and not in the mood to kid around! Better now, though.

I was just making a joke (hence the "ha!" at the end), but I guess it got taken the wrong way. At least somebody caught on before things got too ugly.
                        "Louie, I think this is the beginning
                        of a beautiful friendship."

Comment

Palolo Joe, I apologize for my reaction. It was idiotic of me.

Comment

Working...
                          X