I finally go busted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally go busted...

for not CLICKING IT. Dang. King Street, I see the cop ahead of me on my left then click it (figured that I didn't have to be sly) but he let me pass him and did the non-siren err err sound.

He was pretty cool though, kinda telling me what a typical guilty with explanation excuse would be. "Well I just saw you put it on BUT I don't know if you dropped something accidentally and were reattaching or if you just pulled out of that driveway, etc. He said that if I send in the $92 with a letter explaining what happened and the fact that I got a clean record, first seatbelt violation blah blah... I usually get part (if not the whole thing) back. Hmmm we'll see. Maybe he just doesn't want to show up in court if I contest it huh?

Re: I finally go busted...

I got busted once for speeding (so the cop said). I for sure knew I wasn't, so I went to court to contest the ticket. If I had just sent in the money, it would have gone on my record. Because I took the time to show up in court (of course the cop was a no-show), the judge let me off with only paying half the fine and not putting the speeding infraction on my record. Ever since then, for anything but a parking ticket, I will spend a few hours to go talk with the judge. Of course, (knock wood) I haven't had a serious ticket in years now...must be getting makule.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Well he showed me me that he checked INFRACTION box which was one of three choices... he said that way it doesn't go to the insurance company. I dunno, not so sure if that's the same thing as not going on record (abstract)?

Comment

Only moving violations go on your driving abstract. Not wearing your seatbelt is not a moving violation.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

CLICK IT OR TICKET...$92.00......

My daughter came home one day all depressed. I say wassa maddah.
          Sh**t I wen get one ticket fo not using seat belts. And I was the passenger in the da car. I wen like fo laugh but neva like hurt my girls feeling. She end up paying $98.00, no ask me why. Plus too her ins. went up. Oh well the price you pay.... LUCKY U LIVE HAWAII......OGGBOY
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
            Only moving violations go on your driving abstract. Not wearing your seatbelt is not a moving violation.
            So how come Oggboy's daughter had her insurance premium increased if the seat belt fine doesn't get reported to the insurance co? Or maybe she was speeding too?

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Because I took the time to show up in court (of course the cop was a no-show), the judge let me off with only paying half the fine and not putting the speeding infraction on my record.
              That might work on the mainland, but not here. HPD officers make a point of showing up to court, usually because it means they'll get overtime pay. Not to mention that you have to pay the cost of issuing and serving a summons, which can run another $25-$35 on top of the cost of the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy
                CLICK IT OR TICKET...$92.00......

My daughter came home one day all depressed. I say wassa maddah.
                Sh**t I wen get one ticket fo not using seat belts. And I was the passenger in the da car. I wen like fo laugh but neva like hurt my girls feeling. She end up paying $98.00, no ask me why. Plus too her ins. went up. Oh well the price you pay.... LUCKY U LIVE HAWAII......OGGBOY

You actually let your daughter say Sh**t to you? Hmmm maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I'd never let my kids get away with saying words like that in my presence. Bust out the soap bar if that ever happened in my house.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

EH BRADDAH CRAIGWATANABE,

I IS MARRIED WITH CHILDREN, AND GRANDCHILDREN.......
                  SO IF MY GROWN CHILDREN LIKE SPEAK THERE OPINION, GO FO IT.......AFTER ALL, THE LIVE ON THEIR OWN.

SO NO SHIBAI,
                  KIDS`S NOW DAY`S VERY DIFFERENT FROM MY DAYS........

NOW DAY`S I KNOW!!!!!I I KNOW!!!!! I KNOW!!!!!
                  bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

don't shout, please.

Comment

Nowdays don't make any difference, it's respect for one's household and respect for you as an elder is why I tell even my adult kids that if they talk ladat dey going get lickins from me.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                        You actually let your daughter say Sh**t to you? Hmmm maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I'd never let my kids get away with saying words like that in my presence. Bust out the soap bar if that ever happened in my house.

azzright! It is a disgraceful show of many things when this occurs:
                        lack of social decorum.
                        lack of respect for;
                        your elders.
                        Your parents.
                        Kupuna.
                        anyone older and (assumedly) wiser.

lacking in a command of the english language; limited vocabulary to express one's self and convey appropriately, a momentary frustration.
                        lack of control of emotions.
                        lack of responsibility and personal accountability.
                        lack of patience.
                        lack of absorbing the lessons, guidance and proper breeding that should be present in the upbringing setting through the years..

I probably missed a dozen more, but you get the idea.
                        Last edited by kimo55; July 27, 2005, 10:32 PM.

Comment

You gotta do wat you gotta do with your kids as your business.

By the way it`s not like she stay swearing me. Sometimes everybody gotta vent... I just glad I get kids that I can relate too!!!!!! OGGBOY
                          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I can relate to my kids very well too without having them use foul words in my presence. Heck I'm 45 and I don't even say crap like that in front of my parents! There's a time and a place for that kind of language and it shouldn't be in the presence of family members especially in an elder's home.

I tell my kids that I cannot stop them from spewing garbage like that out of their mouths away from me, but I hope that they exercise good judgement when they have to vomit that kind of verbage. When words like that become mainstream and commonplace in our language, then our society as a whole has denegrated to a lower level. As it is we're slipping back to the stoneage at this rate.

Time to put a little respect back in our lives for our keiki sake.

Comment

"...yer honor, I'm sorry the other kids at Columbine reacted that way, and sure, they will be missed, but kids just gotta vent... "

Comment

Working...
                              X