Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surrender all your dreams to me tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrender all your dreams to me tonight...

Hey Scrivener! Very poetic, "Surrender all your dreams to me tonight; they'll come true in the end..." hmmmmm....romantic. Can I borrow to use in one of my stories? Maybe I get lucky! It is really beautiful.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Hawaii.com on HawaiiThreads.com

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    "Surrender all your dreams to me tonight; they'll come true in the end..." hmmmmm....romantic. Can I borrow to use in one of my stories? Maybe I get lucky! It is really beautiful.
    Not as beautiful as Pat Benatar, the woman who first sang those words and whose pictures decorated my lockers in ninth and tenth grades! Use them if you want, but make sure you credit Pat and Neil and the songwriter, D.L. Byron.

Oh, how I miss the eighties.
    Last edited by scrivener; July 28, 2005, 09:42 PM. Reason: "...got fire in your veins burning hot, but you don't feel the same..."
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

My blood runs cold, my memory has just been sold.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        Not as beautiful as Pat Benatar, the woman who first sang those words and whose pictures decorated my lockers in ninth and tenth grades! Use them if you want, but make sure you credit Pat and Neil and the songwriter, D.L. Byron. Oh, how I miss the eighties.
        Ok, credit will be given and to you for sharing it. As for the eighties...nah, the seventies was way better! Take a vote on the board? LOL

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by admin; July 28, 2005, 09:59 PM. Reason: No need to quote images.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          My blood runs cold, my memory has just been sold.

LMAO! I love the the eighties.
          Surf Da Link Auctions - You get $25 to register!

Comment

My Angel is the Centerfold

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen
              My Angel is the Centerfold
              I'm not generally one to make these kinds of corrections here, but I -- oh wait, yes I am. That's odd. I'd never heard this lyric misquoted this way in twenty years or so, and now I've seen it misquoted on HT twice. In a little more than a years' time.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Scrivener,

I could be wrong, but these are the lyrics I found (and I'm a musician - not a very good one, but well . . . .)

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/jgeilsband.htm

http://www.energyexpressband.com/lyr...0j%20geils.htm

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/charl...centerfold.htm

http://www.ovitsky.com/oldsite/yep/centerfold.html

Stephen

Comment

Re: Surrender all your dreams to me tonight...

I'm going to have to give it another listen, but I guess I might be wrong!
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                    I'm going to have to give it another listen, but I guess I might be wrong!
                    Don't give up that easy to the doubts that complicate your mind.

Comment

That could have been one of those pesky "mondagreens" (the kind of song that sticks in your memory with lyrics you hear as one thing which in reality are something totally different...as in "Lucy in disguise with diamonds"). I used to like collecting mondagreens. There are even books with collections of mondagreens.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

There's a whole collection of mondegreens at KISSTHISGUY.COM. Jon Carroll of the SF Chronicle also talks about them at Mondegreens Ripped My Flesh.

Comment

Working...
                        X