Sky High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky High

Took the kids to see "Sky High" tonight. Very fun and funny movie, especially good for the pre-teen crowd. The writing was terrific and the themes of popularity and puberty were well-developed. I'm not sure how old Kelly Preston (Punahou grad) is now, but she looked great as did Kurt Russell.
    Last edited by helen; August 13, 2005, 11:43 PM. Reason: Adding the link to IMDb for the movie
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Re: Sky High

whenever i hear that name kelly preston, i think of that classic scene with arnold (twins) where she's smoking a cigarette after making love and the camera pans to arnold who's got that funny smiling face staring blankly into space!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
      ...where she's smoking a cigarette after making love and the camera pans to arnold who's got that funny smiling face staring blankly into space!

I always thought that odd, cuz I KNOW he prefers cigars!

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
        I'm not sure how old Kelly Preston (Punahou grad) is now
        She's Punahou '80... so I think she's about 43 or so.

Comment

I was surprised to discover that although Sky High looks like a superhero movie, its secret identity is really a 1980s teen high school movie.

How did I figure it out? Oh, I don't know... maybe it was when, in the very first scene, the background music was "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"... and it didn't stop there; man, by the end of the movie I felt like partying like it was 1989.

The main character's gang of friends was eerily like the motley crew of the Breakfast Club... except with super powers. You had the bad-boy Judd Nelson type; the moody goth-girl Ally Sheedy type, the Molly Ringwald-ish redhead... And the evil most-popular-girl-in-school had Shannon Doherty written all over her. Maybe she was a clone?...

Comment

While this movie is a rehashing of the high school nerds vs the unnerds type of struggle, it was fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
            X