Howzit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howzit?

Aloha, all. I used to dance hula a couple of years ago, but my kumu moved to Maui, and left the halau broken and confused. I kind of fell out of dancing, but I am hoping to start again. I live in Southern California (Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a halau for me. I've tried to find one myself, but all are either (a) competition or backyard luau halaus, and I just want a happy medium or (b) too far for me.

Mahalo for all your help!

Re: Howzit?

Aloha and welcome to hawaiithreads.com.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pakela
      Aloha, all. I used to dance hula a couple of years ago, but my kumu moved to Maui, and left the halau broken and confused. I kind of fell out of dancing, but I am hoping to start again. I live in Southern California (Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a halau for me. I've tried to find one myself, but all are either (a) competition or backyard luau halaus, and I just want a happy medium or (b) too far for me.

Mahalo for all your help!
      Hui Pakela:
      Have you tried looking at the halau listings in mele.com? I don't know how up-to-date the list is. I think you also have to check out the biography of the kumu hula of each halau because some may have had better teachers than others.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I went to mele.com and sent out e-mails, and this site as well, but the latter is extremely outdated, since my halau that closed years ago is still listed. I sent out e-mails to some halaus and have already gotten replies. Gotta love the aloha spirit.

I am just hoping someone here can help me, so I can get the story straight from the horse's mouth. I know some halaus aren't listed, so I hope I can get information from some of them.

Comment

Working...
        X