Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Animal?

What's your favorite animal and why?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Your Favorite Animal?

Once, a couple of years ago while swimming off "China Walls' Portlock, I encountered a pod of about twenty porpoises. They were very inquisitive and swam slowly by me. Beautiful, elegant and inteligent. I heard that an untrained wild one actually saved a divers life by bringing him to the surface. So a helpful and merciful nature too. That's my vote for favorite animal.

Comment

Buddy2,
      That's a very good reason to vote for porpoise. They are pretty high up in my book, too. My brother once had an encounter like that, surrounded by a pod at Virginia Beach. He was overcome with emotion.
      I am quite partial to cats. We have an indoor cat who is a pain in the arse. But she's ours, so we love her so. We have two outdoor kitties, sibblings, who were abandoned by their mother in our garage. There were three, but one disappeared (at the hands of my neighbor, I'm quite certain). The girl kittie is a killer cat and is constantly tormenting mice and rats. Good on her. I do not know how to describe boy kitty. I feed them and he continues to look soulfully into my eyes and wants to discuss the ways of the world with me. He is much more concerned with showing his love than he is about eating. He's quite tender and so I wonder if he has some kind of msg from above for me.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
        To eat? Chicken....because it cooks many ways.
        to love as a pet? Guinea Pigs .... Because of the dumb stare.
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Bengal cats--got two of 'em. They are hyperactive like children but I won't have to pay for their college education. :-)

Kai Bengals--where we got our two kittens on Oahu

Comment

Neat, AbsolutChaos! I love how their upcoming matings are listed. If only cats could read (and surf the net) -- "Woohoo, I'm gettin' lucky on Thursday!"

I like ocelots and meerkats. I also have a strange fondness for wombats.

But I suppose I should say that my favorite wild creature would have to be my middle son.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
              Bengal cats--got two of 'em. They are hyperactive like children but I won't have to pay for their college education. :-)

Kai Bengals--where we got our two kittens on Oahu
              Cool! They remind me of the Maine Coon cats my cousin has. Do they get big like coon cats?
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
                i like cockatiels coz dey cute, small and fat...

about da size and weight of a fried chicken thigh!

and no i no kaukau dem. jus bitem li dat!!
                Reggie aka pinakboy
                Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                Recipe Tube TV!
                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS. OH MY!
                  Remember where that line came from?

Comment

Senegal parrots -cute, sassy and colorful!

Comment

Cats! I have had cats all my life, they are independent but loving little creatures. Once, when I was a kid (OK, Keiki!) my mom & I lived in a house about a half block from the beach, and the cat would go down to the reefs at low tide and go fishing, and she'd bring back her catch. You never knew when you would encounter a flopping fish on the kitchen floor.

Dolphins, yes, remarkable creatures. I have surfed with them, and they do rule the waves. Very intelligent, highly evolved, with a sense of "fun". However I have read that their mating habits are rather, well lets just say uncivilized--you would easily go to prison trying that behavior as a human, and justifiably so.

Comment

Working...
                      X