New Big Island Food Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Big Island Food Blog

everybody check out James Rubio's new food blog!! he's from waipahu and transplanted on da big isle.

Big Island Grinds

nice pics and good reviews!
    Reggie aka pinakboy
    Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
    Raw Eats Veggie Videos
    Recipe Tube TV!
    Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Re: New Big Island Food Blog

Those are some nice pics. The loco mocos look ono. I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at those photos. Only warning about Kens: its all ono except for the actual pancakes. They are a little bit "stick-to-your-ribs" heavy for me.

I recommend Tex Ono Kine Food for the best malasadas on the island, baked hot and fresh daily. Also, it's fun to stop in at Punalu'u Bakery in Na'alehu if you're on your way somewhere. They have great hawaiian sweet breads, including guava and taro - pink and purple. You can buy loaves at most markets and at Long's too, but warm and fresh, with that delicious smell wafting through the air, is best. The mocha slushy drink they have is also ono-licious.

Finally, Ocean Sushi Deli is one of my favorite places in Hilo. Fresh, well prepared and best of all, pretty cheap. The employees there have plenny aloha, too.

Any more Big Island recommendations out there?

Comment

Originally posted by toeknee
      Those are some nice pics. The loco mocos look ono. I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at those photos. Only warning about Kens: its all ono except for the actual pancakes. They are a little bit "stick-to-your-ribs" heavy for me.

I recommend Tex Ono Kine Food for the best malasadas on the island, baked hot and fresh daily. Also, it's fun to stop in at Punalu'u Bakery in Na'alehu if you're on your way somewhere. They have great hawaiian sweet breads, including guava and taro - pink and purple. You can buy loaves at most markets and at Long's too, but warm and fresh, with that delicious smell wafting through the air, is best. The mocha slushy drink they have is also ono-licious.

Finally, Ocean Sushi Deli is one of my favorite places in Hilo. Fresh, well prepared and best of all, pretty cheap. The employees there have plenny aloha, too.

Any more Big Island recommendations out there?
      Try going here.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Thanks! Lots of great choices there....

Comment

Eh Reggie! Thanks for mentioning my food log!
          http://www.bigislandgrinds.com/

Comment

One thing I've noticed about Blaines Drive In is that it's pretty bland, and I'm not one to put salt on anything either. I think Verna's or Freddie's makes better loco moco's. At least Blaines is better than the Home of the Loco Moco, Cafe 100. They use frozen beef patties with the taste of cardboard.

One good thing about Blaines Drive In is that they take Mastercard and Visa and I think personal checks too (Hiro's plate lunch takes personal checks as well).
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by jimrubio
              Eh Reggie! Thanks for mentioning my food log!
              no probz James!! gotta spread da word for grinds eh!
              Reggie aka pinakboy
              Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
              Raw Eats Veggie Videos
              Recipe Tube TV!
              Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
              X