Local students duped by pharmacy school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local students duped by pharmacy school

The debacle at the Hawai'i College of Pharmacy is outrageous. 240 "students" were duped out of shelling out more than $7 million in fees, not to get an education, but to line the pockets of the owners of the school. One of the owners was reportedly paying himself a $500,000 salary. Absolutely incredible greed.

I'm glad that the State has frozen the assets of the school and that the State Consumer Protection Agency will try to get back some of the hard-earned money the students shelled out. I think it's unfortunate that the students were unable to get into an accredited pharmacy school. Shysters like the owners of this school, who advertised that the school was accredited, took advantage of people who didn't do enough asking of questions, and who took it upon faith that this new school would be able to deliver the education they hoped would bring them better lives. Now you have 240 disillusioned people.

I think the owners should be put on trial for consumer fraud.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain
Working...
X