Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Maui

Small kine intro...

Aloha. PoiDog...born on Maui, raised on Moloka'i (Ho'olehua Homesteads); schooled (not educated, ... ) on O'ahu at the controversial institution now fighting for it's life. Joined the military then the work force. Now retired, playing the ukulele and the golf clubs. Two wonderful kids (that never attended the controversial institution now fighting for it's life) that have become successful nonetheless and have given me three beautiful mo'opuna.
    Aloha,
    PoiDog

Re: Aloha from Maui

Originally posted by PoiDog
    Small kine intro...

Aloha. PoiDog...born on Maui, raised on Moloka'i (Ho'olehua Homesteads); schooled (not educated, ... ) on O'ahu at the controversial institution now fighting for it's life. Joined the military then the work force. Now retired, playing the ukulele and the golf clubs. Two wonderful kids (that never attended the controversial institution now fighting for it's life) that have become successful nonetheless and have given me three beautiful mo'opuna.
    E komo mai, Poi Dog.
    You had the best of everything...born on Maui, raised on Moloka'i (the best island for friendly people), classes at "that" school. Travelled the world, now home to roost in Kula with your mo'opuna.

Why do you think you didn't get a good education at KSBE?

My parents have a house up in Kula, a mile or so away from Kula Botanical Gardens off Upper Kula Rd. Maui is no ka oi even with the opala and junked cars on the sides of the road!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      E komo mai, Poi Dog.

Why do you think you didn't get a good education at KSBE?

Miulang
      Maybe I should have worded it differently. I received an excellent education there. High school was KSB...Kamehameha School for Boys; and KSG...Kamehameha School for Girls. I was not in the college-prep track, but rather more towards the average academic level. IIRC, the grade level-1, -2 and -3 were college prep...-4, -5, -6, -7 and -8 were not. Those categorizations ended soon after I started high school, though. I believe the admissions criteria used then allowed for a broader cross section of students. But I was kind of a rebel there...Take the kid off the homestead and drop him into urban Honolulu and LOOK-OUT!
      Aloha,
      PoiDog

Comment

Howzit PoiDog!

Could we just call the controversial institution now fighting for its life, TCINFFIL for short?

Comment

Howzit Poidog, welcome aboard.....No worry, as all gess vent.......
          everybody good!!!!!! mauiboy
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Aloha from me too! Welcome to hawaii threads!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X