Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aloha Everyone & Howzit!! I miss Hawaii and I just like talk story!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha Everyone & Howzit!! I miss Hawaii and I just like talk story!!

Howzit Everyone, My name is Kainani Lehua. I am 1/4 French 1/4 Spanish 1/4 Hawaiian and 1/4 Portugeese. I am from Ewa Beach originally and have been in California for a long time now. I go back home as often as I can, like every year or every other year or when I can afford to go back. I was back home about 2 years ago cause my Hawaiian Tutu wen pass away and I went for her funeral. I miss her alot. She brang me up in Ewa. My parents gave me to my Tutu when I was only about 3 months old cause they couldn't afford to keep me. They both moved to the mainland when I was about 2 years old, then I moved with them when I was about 17. It was a trip because everything here was so different than Hawaii. The pace here was alot faster and stuff. I've been here ever since but have gone home every year after that to see my ohana. I love my home here too but, I find my heart longing to go back home again sometimes. I have three children and I want them to know Hawaii to. I have taken them to hawaii a few times but, I't not the same as them living there. I dream of taking them back one day to live but I not rich so, I no think I can afford to live in Hawaii. I need to win da Lottery,LOL. So until then I jus like talk story with you folks so I no feel so home sick for the Islands. I play my ukulele alot cause it's not only soothing to me but, It takes my heart back home. So any ways Does anyone have any good stuffs to talk story about, if so give me one Reply back. Mahalo's
    Aloha, Kainani Lehua

Re: Aloha Everyone & Howzit!! I miss Hawaii and I just like talk story!!

Aloha and welcome to hawaiithreads.com!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Good foa hear from one transplant. Yea we get plenty kine pilikia ova hea, but lucky we handle.....sorry, you still get ohana hea right????
      You no watt da main ting you can talk story with da local ohana you going be alright............. Take care Sista!!!!! Mauiboy
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Hui Kainani:
        You one expatriate like me! Come insai here and get good fun wit da "electronic" ohana. Sometimes get beefs, most time get plenty dakine lolo stuff going on too, though, just like one real ohana.

Dis one good place to catch up on what's going on in da 'aina. Get plenty pilikia right now in da 'aina, but I'm sure somebody going say, "yeah, but everyplace get pilikia!"

For reals about plenty locals who wen move away from the 'aina really want to go back and help make things pono, but too expensive. So the best thing is to go visit the ohana as often as you can and then hang out in here.

Garans you going have a good time.

A hui hou,
        Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Das all right girl,

you juss come tune in to this station foa unwine. You get da best kine report.

Mauiboy
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

E komo mai from anuddah expat! Weah u stay in Kaliponi? I lived in San Jose a few yeahs....
            Aloha,
            Mokihana

Comment

Eh, Moki:
              How you say "Oregon" in Hawaiian? Washington is "Wakinikona".

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                How you say "Oregon" in Hawaiian? Washington is "Wakinikona".
                I'd guess... "Olekona"?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                  I'd guess... "Olekona"?
                  Mahalos. I wonder what the kanaka maoli did with the word "Massachusetts" when the first missionaries landed on Hawaii's shores?

Miulang

Comment

I wonder what the kanaka maoli did with the word "Massachusetts" when the first missionaries landed on Hawaii's shores?
                    "Makakukeke".

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                      "Makakukeke".
                      Amazing how they were able to create approximations of "English" words, with the limited number of vowels and consonants in the Hawaiian language!

Miulang

Comment

I wonder what the kanaka maoli did with the word "Massachusetts" when the first missionaries landed on Hawaii's shores?
                        I tink mebbe was too hard fo pronounce so they ate da missionaries instead......until dey wen get upset stomach.

Comment

Eh, Howzit Everybody!! Mahalo to all of you folks fo da warm welcome. I really appreciate. So I like hea some juicy kine local stuffs dat stay going on ova dea. Mahalos, Nani

Comment

Amazing how they were able to create approximations of "English" words, with the limited number of vowels and consonants in the Hawaiian language!
                            Why wouldn't they be able to? It's always possible to transliterate words of any language into any other language. Whether the result sounds anything like the original is another story...

Comment

Howzit everybody,
                              It is sunday evening here in Kaliponi and I am board to death. I wish I was down Swanzy Beach Park futting around in da watah. You buggahs are lucky that still live in da Islands cause you get to enjoy dawarm watah dea. Ova hea da watah is so.....cold you no like even go inside cause you get da kine hypothermia. It is so rediculous. I miss being back home. I miss camping down da beach, I miss everything about Hawaii. They get Hawaiian restraunts hea but not like da kine back home. I stay in San Jose, Ca. Sometimes it's happening hea if you make BBQ and Party with all da local people but, adda dan dat it's boaring. At least back home wen we part..eh we party, yeh. Ova hea is alot of snobby kine people. Some are nice but, they're hard to find. I like jus Kanikapila and have a good time. I mean I take care business wit my Ohana first but , there comes a time I like have fun too afta da long day, yeh. What you folks do fo fun ova dea? Probably betah dan hea. At least you can go beach and enjoy da ocean (Kai) and stuff. Ova hea da Kai stay junk. It's not nice like ova dea.
                              Aloha, Nani

Comment

Working...
                              X